Options

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    Another question, Sorry!

The day pass does that cover any rides, shows etc or is it just entry into the park?

it covers all rides,and shows like Lion King etc

:)
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    dazza32 wrote: »
    hi there everyone ive just come back from DISNEYLAND PARIS and thought i,d share some info ...

i stayed at the santa-fe hotel in the park ...i found it too be a very basic hotel but i suppose for the price what can i really say but like i say its very basic,,and my room looked alot diffrent to the picture on the web

o.k now the food prices... mc donalds a kids happy meal was $4.50 euros,,
    a adults bic mac meal was $10.50 euros...

we went to the rain forest cafe for a meal one night and for 2 adults and 2 kids with cokes it came to a whopping $105 euros and the food was crap youve been (WARNED) STAY AWAY ,,,,

they sell bottles of coke in machines everywhere and they cost $2.60 euros

they have an ice-skating ring also which cost for 2 adults 2 kids $50 euros for 2 hours ...

all in all though i gotta say it was a fab holiday and the park was amazing the rides were superb ect the kids loved it and we all had a great time ,,

Did they have any swimming pools as my daughter loves swimming?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    emweaver, the pool will be in your hotel, there is no pools or water attractions in the parks itself (pretty chilly, it would be closed half of the year).

The passes wil get you into everything within the parks - you will not be able to get into the venues in Disney Village such as the cinema or Buffalo Bills, these cost extra.

I cannot remember if there is a baby care centre - maybe someone can confirm this for me, I have been to both DLP and Florida when my kids were in nappies and in one of them I used a Baby Care Centre where they had everything, but something tells me it was in florida.

That being said, it is the safest place in the world, you can just leave your buggy by the rides with your bag in it and then go off and do what you have to do and come back for it. I did (ps. and I left my camcorder and camera in it) and it was fine. The first time I went I bought a couple of cheap buggies as I did not want to leave my phil & teds when we went on the rides but there was no problem, everyone leaves their buggies, prams, stuff they have bought in the shops and I don't think stuff being nicked in there is a huge problem. It has never been for me, if you are worried about carting a nappy bag around then don't as you can leave it on your buggy. The prices of nappies and wipes in DLP will be much more than here as the rate on the Euro is pants, so get what you need here and take it with you.

Oh, and I am another for the RFC, yes it is expensive but it is part of the holiday for us and we always go. Kids meals with dinner, dessert and drink are around 15 Euros and adult meals (depending on what you have) are between 23 and 35 euros. We just got for a main course each and the kids have kids meals. It is pretty much the same cost for a sit down meal unless you find somewhere doing specials. King Ludwigs Castle does specials (kids eat for 5 Euros) before 7pm and most of the restaurants (RFC excepted) does a lunch time special so do the fast rides in the morning, have a nice long lunch and then a snack in the evening - it helps save some money. Oh, and the deli in Disney Village (baguettes, etc...) is disgusting and really expensive - ours went in the bin after one mouthful, even the kids hated it, I was so cross! Your resort will tend to do cheap pizzas (Explorers) and baguettes for 5 Euros (DLP Resorts) so you could get those for an evening snack. I've not stayed in the other hotels to know what they do.
  • emweaver
    Options
    Thanks for that info. I might buy a cheap buggy to take with me as last time mine got damaged on the coach and its not a cheap one. ive been told they hire out buggies there free of charge but walking down to the coach pick up point with our luggage is going to be a challenge enough lol

Our packagae comes with an evening meal so its only really lunch we need.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    No worries. You can hire buggies there but they are not free - I am not sure exactly how much, in America they were $10 a day plus a deposit so maybe they are going to be 10 Euros as the prices were pretty much like for like all over in both parks. I took my phil & teds on both days but your travel insurance might cover it getting damaged so check that. I'd be tempted to say to get a cheap one off eBay and use that.

Pretty good that you get an evening meal, there are lots of places to eact lunch. In Discoveryland there is a burger bar there called Videopolis and you can sit there and watch the Lion King stage show while you eat your food. They have a little salad bar there where you help yourself to salads and sauces for your burger but if you take a tub & plastic knife and fork you can get some salad to go with your meal, LOL. It is the only place they have salad available really so make the most of this but the food in there is OK and you can fit this around watching the show. Get there about 20 minutes before it starts so you can get a good enough seat as well.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emweaver, the pool will be in your hotel

I dont think the Kyriad hotel has a swimming pool :(
  • emweaver
    Options
    No it hasnt : (
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »

Oh no, I have not stayed in this one so did not know. Sorry. But don't worry there is always so much to do, we stayed for 4 days last time and we would not have had any time for swimming anyway!! There is so much to cram in in the short time you are there. You'll be surprised.
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Warning they move your buggies while you are on the rides so you may have to look for them. First time they did this to us I thought it had been stolen.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• emweaver
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »

have you stayed there ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure