PIP form

Options

Comments

• carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    Just wondered, did you fill the form in yourself or get CAB or suchlike to help? I only ask because the man I spoke to when requesting the form, said a lot of people do this.

So is the general assumption from them that people are not capable of filling in the form and should seek help? If so, then why do they make it so long and drawn out?

I like to think that I am a reasonably intelligent person and so should be able to do this, but of course there is a huge difference between what a normal person writes down and what those in the "know" put down. So can't decide what is the best thing to do.
    Hi sorry I have just seen this I filled it in myself I am however still waiting the reconsideration form
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    carole.uk wrote: »
    Hi sorry I have just seen this I filled it in myself I am however still waiting the reconsideration form

Thanks Carole,

I filled in the application form myself for OH, so hope I did the right thing.

The letter I had from ATOS said they hoped to be in touch within 16 weeks, so will just have to wait and see.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• melbury
    Options
    I don't think it matters where you live to be honest. It would be very unfair if the DWP worked that way.

I think from me starting the claim over the phone to getting my award letter was probably less than 6 weeks.

Thanks for the reply; do hope you are right.

That is an amazing result getting everything sorted out in less than 6 weeks, well done.

• the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options

That is an amazing result getting everything sorted out in less than 6 weeks, well done.

My ATOS letter also said it could take up to sixteen weeks, I thinks it's just a disclaimer.

I was very surprised that my claim only lasted six weeks. My ESA claim seemed to take forever.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options

On the stats recently published - this appears to be the norm.
    The majority of the time is actually the 4 weeks the claimant can take to fill in the form.
    In principle, if you return the form promptly, you may get a decision in under 3 weeks.
  • melbury
    Options
    Received letter today with a date for a face to face assessment, so undoubtedly it will end up with us having to appeal:(

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    You don't know that. The problem with forums is that you only get to read the bad stories. Many people go through the process and don't need to appeal.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • curty510
    curty510 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got any tips for convincing the doctors you are genuine?
    debt free, savings in the bank
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    curty510 wrote: »

Be genuine.
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Phone DWP and tell them your supposedly friend is committing fraud and working cash in hand. He is robbing the tax payer
    Was chatting to a mate last night at golf and he has a problem that needs some advice as he doesn't have Internet. He receives DLA but has been informed he will have to go onto PIP and needs to see a doctor. He was told he was going to get DLA indefinitely and is now worried as he has been a little liberal with the truth about his back pain.

Is this normal to see a doctor to move over to pip? Or is he under suspicion? And how come he isn't moving straight over as he got DLA indefinitely?

Also his wife claims a caring allowance for him, will that be safe?

He is out of work officially and claims some sort of benefit for it(not sure which one), but works cash in hand at a local golf course. He thinks someone from their has grassed him up. I told him that he will be ok as I read on here that it's normal to move over from DLA as it's being replaced
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure