MSE News: NatWest and RBS wages, benefits and other payments 'missing'

Options

Comments

• honey**
    honey** Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And still today problems - payments missing that should of hit my account today. Still at least it's not the Csa fault for a change :T:T:T:T
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    While I doubt anybody would dispute Goodwin's role in some risky business decisions, what criminal acts are you accusing him of?

"Risky business decisions" ??? he nearly bust the whole country ??

Directors need to be aware that they are personally subject to statutory duties in their capacity as directors of a company. In addition the company as a separate legal entity is subject to statutory controls and the directors are responsible for ensuring that the company complies with such statutory controls.

The Companies Act 2006 codified certain common law and equitable duties of directors for the first time. The Act sets out seven general duties of directors which are:-

to act within powers in accordance with the company’s constitution and to use those powers only for the purposes for which they were conferred
    to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members
    to exercise independent judgement
    to exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
    to avoid conflicts of interest
    not to accept benefits from third parties
    to declare an interest in a proposed transaction or arrangement

Liabilities

Directors may incur personal liability, both civil and criminal, for their acts or omissions in directing the company
  • beamerguy
    Options
    [QUOTE=Also_from_a_PR_perspective_you_would_think_they_would_have_suspended_the_text_service_informing_people_they_are_low_on_funds![/QUOTE]

RBS is clearly a bank who do not know what their right hand is doing from the left ?
    The CEO should at least get to grips with such bad behaviour, clearly not
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looking at comments this morning on Twitter it seems despite Natwest insisting it has been resolved it has not as people are saying they have not had money due in today either

http://personal.natwest.com/personal.html:
    We are aware of an issue which has resulted in a delay to payments and Direct Debits being applied to some customer accounts. We have fixed the underlying issue and we are working flat out to get these payments updated for our customers no later than Saturday.

So, they've fixed the cause of the problem; but it'll take a few days to process all the missing transactions.

It appears to have only affected BACS payments. Apparently they operate to a three day timetable, which is presumably why there's a delay.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it really does amaze me that RBS & Natwest still have any customers at all.

they provide some of the worst banking services i've ever see from friends and relatives who used to bank with them. (till i helped them see the light).

they are usually rock bottom with their interest rates and deals in the market.

they still keep closing branches. even though they promised not to a couple of years back. but they're back at it now!

then they have serious outages like this!

as others have said on here.

what are you waiting for "SWITCH"
  • beamerguy
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    it really does amaze me that RBS & Natwest still have any customers at all.

they provide some of the worst banking services i've ever see from friends and relatives who used to bank with them. (till i helped them see the light).

they are usually rock bottom with their interest rates and deals in the market.

they still keep closing branches. even though they promised not to a couple of years back. but they're back at it now!

then they have serious outages like this!

as others have said on here.

what are you waiting for "SWITCH"

I once banked with the Motly NatWest but changed.
    Recently, it was suggested to me to walk into a METRO Bank. Not only are you greeted at the door, sat down with coffee or tea, you are introduced to a personal banker who treats you as a human being with a desire to do business with you. I decided to transfer some funds and open an account them. My account was opened within 30 mins and that included a temp cheque book and a Mastercard Debit card, both given to me at the time.
    That's what I call service :T

A few weeks later, I mislaid my debit card, it was a saturday, I phoned them and they placed a stop on my card (just in case) and asked me to go into the branch to get another one, within an hour, I had a new card. Amazing service.
    I know that Metro are not all over the country yet but they are expanding so if you have one in your town, pop in and have a look, that's if you want to be treated as a human being. And NO, I do not work for Metro, I just have an account with them.

They also have brilliant online banking
  • tranmereforever
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    http://personal.natwest.com/personal.html:

So, they've fixed the cause of the problem; but it'll take a few days to process all the missing transactions.

It appears to have only affected BACS payments. Apparently they operate to a three day timetable, which is presumably why there's a delay.

Yeah I get that but they are tweeting replies to people saying any that were paid in today would not be effected as its a different batch but that is obviously not the case

They also have people locked out of accounts, unable to withdraw at ATMs etc and are just replying with " we are unaware of any reports" despite a flood of the same tweets telling them
    July 2015 Wins- Shaun The Sheep Goody Bag, 4x Books

Year to date: £786

Total to date ( Since 2008 ) = £37,345 :eek:
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Yeah I get that but they are tweeting replies to people saying any that were paid in today would not be effected as its a different batch but that is obviously not the case

They also have people locked out of accounts, unable to withdraw at ATMs etc and are just replying with " we are unaware of any reports" despite a flood of the same tweets telling them

UNBELIEVABLE incompetence by NatWest, THEY SERIOUSLY DO NOT DESERVE CUSTOMERS.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    "Also from a PR perspective you would think they would have suspended the text service informing people they are low on funds!"

Well, my salary has not been affected by this (yet) as I'm not paid until next week, but if it had been and, say, I had been working abroad, receiving the text would probably have been the only way I would have known about the problem and been able to alert my payees as the large majority of my dds would have tried to leave my account the following day and some might have failed or triggered the text message.

Personally, I'm quite happy with NatWest on the grassroots level.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »

I'm not sure that it's true that it's just BACS payments, but even if it is the 3 day cycle for BACS DC processing really isn't relevant - I very much doubt if RBSG are asking all the originators to resend their transactions. They should already have all of the files with the payments in and they now need to apply them properly, which is all internal bank processing. Now that may well take several days to do as everything is now out of sync, but I don't think any blame can be placed on the 3 day cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure