New tunnel - no light yet

Options

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing to report today either.

Out for dinner for a family birthday this evening. We are going to Pizza Express as I get 40% off the bill with my student card!

No monies transferred. Nothing potted.

Payday Friday :D
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Morning!!

I love Pizza Express. I'm going there Friday for a birthday treat and am using some free vouchers my dad got from a petrol station promotion - win/win!

Have a great time :) xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    I love Pizza Express too. Even better when it is money off or free!!

Thank you xx
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Havent been to PE in ages :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    It was ace Lou. LOL at the dribbling face! I had a wee glass of wine too. I don't normally drink so it hits me quite hard when I do, even just one glass! I totally got the giggles when my sis was telling us about the gym at her work which she has just joined (£8 per month and they get money off vouchers for other stuff too like days out, etc. She has used it 3 times since joining last Thursday so definitely getting her money's worth) and she said they have treadmills, weights and rowers. She meant rowing machines but I heard it as roars and I was in stitches for ages!

The car was in for its MOT yesterday and it failed on the handbreak. I know the guy at the garage quite well, I have been taking my car there since I moved there 7 years ago (I can see the garage from my livingroom window) so he has said they will fix it on Friday. In the meantime, I have to get myself to work so today I got the bus but I think I will walk tomorrow and Friday to save bus fares. A wee bit annoying but my wee car has done me proud. I have had it 10 years and it is 13 years old. The only major thing it has ever needed was a new clutch about 2 years ago.

Anyway, £1.57 to the loan today. I'm now less than £45 away from the first £1k off! I can't believe I have had it for over two months already though. Just seems like a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about it.

:)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Morning!!

I love how regional accents make words sound different and had a good chuckle at roar :)

I can't believe you're nearly £1k off your loan already, that's some doing and well done. You must be feeling very proud of yourself. It'll be soon be gone and you'll be way better off for it.

Have a good day :) xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Came in £14 under budget for the groceries yesterday :j Although, we are going away for a couple of days next week so we only needed to meal plan for 4 days this week.

We are going through to Glasgow for an overnight stay on Monday next week. LMG, my sis and me. Sis is paying for the hotel (belated birthday treat for me) and we will go halfers on meals.

I potted 2p to the sealed pot and have put aside the bus fares that we will need on Monday and Tuesday next week. That leaves £10 in the grocery budget and the only thing I forgot to get was milk. There should be enough to do us until Saturday unless LMG has a wee milk phase to herself :p

Come on payday, you are less than 24 hours away!
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not long to payday now :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Payday for tomorrow GAP!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• girlatplay
    Options
    Guess what?? Payday :j Haha. Sorry, it has been a long time coming this month.

All accounts updated and balanced. Somehow I was £9.07 out for the cc so the £7.94 I was going to put to the loan has had to go to that account and I still have to find £1.13. Don't know how I managed that! :(

Turns out the car needed new brake shoes (not handbrake (also, I noticed I spelled handbrake wrong before! Didn't spot that until now!)) and a month ago it had needed a new pump for the windscreen skooshers (technical word) so my total bill today was £251.10 :eek::eek: That's a lot for me when my wee car is usually less than £100 including the cost of the MOT. Luckily I have my wee yearly payments pot for insurances and car stuff but it only leaves £68 in it and car insurance is due in September. Last year the car insurance was £155 so hopefully it will be around the same again and by then another payday will have passed so the account will be topped up. Nothing then until February by which time I will have about £500 in it again. Whew! Close call.

Good news, I have just cashed out £40 on OneP*ll so that will go to the loan when I get it.

When today is over I will only have 19 hours of work left in my current job and then I will be off to the new pastures! Scary but exciting :eek::D

Have a great weekend all :)
    300 282 payments to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income