New tunnel - no light yet

Options

Comments

• Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Love nails and all things nail related............................what colour did you get? Photo?! ;-)
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    Aww sassy, I'm feeling quite emotional at the moment and that has brought tears to my eyes :( I get really upset when I hear about people being mean to kids. They could have let her join in and spoken to you about it quietly later. Some parents can't even manage to donate but that doesn't mean the kids should be left out, it's not their fault so why should they be treated differently? It used to be like that when I was at school (I don't think it ever actually happened to me but I remember other kids in the class being left out) but times have changed so much (eh...it was a long time ago!) I'm surprised they're allowed to do that these days. Ooh I could rage about it all day :mad: Meanies! Poor wee one xx

Totally agree. The worse thing is I was a helper in that class all year and thought I got on well with the teacher so was even more upset about it. I really don't like to see kids miss out. I'm the parent on the school trip that takes a little extra cash in case a child looks upset that they can't buy a souvenir. Never ask for it back, just want them to be included. xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Lou :)

They are Blush Teddy Primula. I haven't figured out how to upload photos on here :o I took a pic with my phone but it makes it a strange looking pink. Also, I broke my pinky nail and had to cut the rest down so they look a bit stubby :(

sassy I am exactly the same. I always said to LMG that if someone didn't have their snack (at primary school) then to share hers. Sometimes I got her to take two oranges or two biscuits or whatever, just in case. If I sent her with money for something I told her to share if someone didn't have any. I didn't want it back, I just didn't want other kids to miss out. It breaks my heart. I'm such a softie when it comes to kids' feelings. A few times she went without snack because we just didn't have anything for her but when she went with snack, she went with enough to share. It's worse that you got on with the teacher, she must have known the type of person you are. Grrrr I'm still raging about that! :cool::)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening GAP,

I love shellac on nails, I've currently got mine a dark purple. I got them done 2 weeks ago so that I can soak them off and have them re-done nice and long for my holiday. Thinking of getting a brighter colour for my holiday along with my toes of course xx
    Mummytogirls x

• girlatplay
    Options
    Good morning!

mummy we are currently buying them one by one and the next colours LMG is looking at are a very deep, dark red and a dark purple. I let her pick what ones she wants to get in what order as we don't get them all the time. We have to wait until CSA money comes in. She knows that so she chooses wisely :) I think light colours are good for sunny holidays. I hope you are looking forward to you hols and not worrying :cool::D

LMG and I both had a big chocolate craving last night. There was no chocolate in the house. It is unusual for both of us to have one at the same time so we agreed (with some persuasion from LMG - I am the lazy one) to walk to Mr M's (literally 4 minutes door to door from our house:o) after tea last night. We chose some chocolate and went to pay. I had two £5 notes and I added it up and knew it would come to less than £5 (we bought enough for two nights!) but when the total came up it was £5.15! I paid but I knew it wasn't right so I checked my receipt and sure enough, we had been charged £2.49 for a bar that was on offer at £1.50. I went to customer services and they gave me the 99p back. The thing that annoys me most is if I hadn't checked my receipt that would be 99p in their pockets instead of mine. It all adds up. What about all the wee dearies that don't like to cause a fuss? Mr M is bad for this, it happens a lot. Ooh ooh but after all my moaning a few months back about them putting their savers mozzarella balls up to 49p they have reduced them down to 43p!!! Result! Well, not really result as such because I didn't moan to them but I'm delighted :D

Anyway, because I had split the 2nd £5 I had change and in it was a £2 so into the sealed pot it went :) along with 1p and something else (10p? Can't remember). I'm looking forward to November when we get to open them as I have put loads in this year! Much more than normal.

CB payment today so £2.80 off the loan and the other £80 to the various pots; birthday, Christmas and LMG rainy day.

Off to read other diaries :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good on you GAP for complaining to Mr M's I bet the supermarkets make soo much money from overcharging people. My mum never checks her receipts or bank statements!!! I can never understand her doing this as I'm the total opposite!!! Enjoy your chocolate xx
    Mummytogirls x

• banwa
    banwa Posts: 952 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh you all make me so jealous, with your pretty nails. I'm not allowed any nail varnish in my job, I'm not even allowed to have my nails long!

(I do get all the chocolate I could ever ever want though:D)
    Debt £26k 18/10/14
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Oh, I just get so annoyed mummy, it happens A LOT there. 99p is a ridiculous amount to get overcharged by. Bear in mind that the odds from my tax credit every week is £1.57 and some weeks that is all I pay towards my loan so on those weeks that would work out as more than half of a week's payment! :cool: Just making the point haha.

Oh banwa that's a shame. I think in your case I would just keep them neat and treat myself to a nice colour when I was on holiday from work. Still, all the chocolate you could ever want...yum!

£1.57 to the loan today.

Need to do meal plan and shopping list for later. I had a chat with LMG last night about how when my salary goes up the tax credits will go down so we will need to go back to being careful with the money. Not that we ever became wasteful but I was a bit more lax about treats, etc. She is totally on board and suggested that we go to Lidl/Aldi starting today. I was planning to start going when the tax credits change. I love my wee girl, she is so adaptable and completely accepting of my decisions. I try to include her in decision making as much as possible since it is just the two of us but sometimes I just have to decide things and tell her :blushing:
    300 282 payments to go.
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Hiya

I totally understand how you are with your daughter as that's how I am with Littley. Even though she's only now 10 I've always tried to include her in decisions or explain why I've had to make a certain decision. However I'm having an issue with her atm where she thinks she's old enough to decide something and I'm not so sure!

I love the fact that your daughter straight away comes up with suggestions for how you can be more careful with money. Shows you are bringing her up right and doing a good job. You should be proud of yourself as well as her. :) xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Aww thanks sassy :)

LMG and I have just been the two of us since she was 2. I had a 5 year relationship (I say relationship but I'm not so sure that is a true definition) which ended a couple of years ago but even then it has always felt like just her and me. It doesn't seem that long ago that she was 10. She has always been around adults so she is fairly clued up on stuff, I just need to remind myself every now and then that she is not an adult and I have to make the sole decision. I very, very rarely have to pull the parent card on her though, she's really good. It works well for us as a team if we both get to decide things together. She appreciates stuff more when we have to work for it and save for it.

I just need to figure out how to get her to do chores around the house without her face tripping her...

:D
    300 282 payments to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income