Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks BrizzledfwSo got the name right, I also love salads finely shredded/chopped/sliced- I could make these for my lunch at work :) and would also help with my little attempt at batch cooking :) and makes all salad go that little bit further:)

Will be on the lookout now :) another item added to shopping list.

Haven't put in a complaint yet :o:( Am thinking a complaint may actually delay the repair :( and the delay causing even more damage due to the weather :(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello AFK - you seem to have made a better start to the weekend than me..I've not long gotten up :o Very productive so far (for you)

I'm another one that has and uses a kitchen mandolin - makes slicing so easy. I originally bought it to make homemade vegetable crisps but now use it for all kinds of things. Just please always use the guard - they can cause nasty injuries otherwise!

Sorry to hear the saga is not improving. Can't believe how incompetent they seem. I empathise with your frustration

Enjoy your weekend :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    How I envy your ability to sleep on, I waken between 5-6am every morning no matter what time I go to bed:( On the mandolin front if I remember right the ones with the V shape are best, just watch the finger tips :eek:

Starting to brighten up here, drizzlly rain stopped, so thinking of making a move, so much to do don't know which way to go first, gone off half the things I wanted to do and changing my mind on the baby shower gift, just need to get out there and see what there is.

Anybody any ideas of a lovely keepsake baby girl gift? remembered when I was GM gave my DGS a beautiful disney musical snow globe, wonder if he still has it. China Breakfast set, right lets get to the shops before I change my mind again.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Today woke with some energy and told myself time to get organised.

Had a look at finances and o/p another £300, making MF date now March 2022.

Focus for today - ironing and finish sorting bedroom out.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Another weekend has arrived (and its a holiday one here:j, but I'm working Monday:() with another long list ahead.

Today I WILL finish my bedroom off (looking for missing spider at same time), whilst drying my hair yesterday noticed a very large spider in the mirror on the wall behind me, next thing it fell off the wall, thought it was jumping at me:eek: got the fright of my life, and then couldn't find it:eek: nearly slept in the spare room last night, not that I'm frightened of spiders:D

Keeping a low profile o/p wise now as went mad at the beginning of the month, so will now wait to end of month and see what I have left:)

Had a good shopping trip one night last week, as Eventually got to ike@ and got blind for bathroom, scanned my family card and receipt and won a "quilt cover with pillowslips" worth £15 :j then went on to supermarket and managed to pick up loads of reduced meat, (I never find these:() Freezer now full, and I mean full:j

Focus for today - Bedroom and put up bathroom blind.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another weekend has arrived (and its a holiday one here:j, but I'm working Monday:() with another long list ahead.

Today I WILL finish my bedroom off (looking for missing spider at same time), whilst drying my hair yesterday noticed a very large spider in the mirror on the wall behind me, next thing it fell off the wall, thought it was jumping at me:eek: got the fright of my life, and then couldn't find it:eek: nearly slept in the spare room last night, not that I'm frightened of spiders:D

Keeping a low profile o/p wise now as went mad at the beginning of the month, so will now wait to end of month and see what I have left:)

Had a good shopping trip one night last week, as Eventually got to ike@ and got blind for bathroom, scanned my family card and receipt and won a "quilt cover with pillowslips" worth £15 :j then went on to supermarket and managed to pick up loads of reduced meat, (I never find these:() Freezer now full, and I mean full:j

Focus for today - Bedroom and put up bathroom blind.

Good luck with the bedroom and finding the spider. :) I don't like spiders.
    Well done with the shopping. :j and the quilt set. :T
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the win :T Hope you managed to get the blind up and spider caught :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 17 July 2016 at 8:10PM
    Options
    Blind up :j . . . . 3 washings done, ironed and put away, grass cut - front side and back side :rotfl: hedge cut at front :) and a little weeding done, shopping also done and had dinner at brothers - again.

Still chasing spider, last known location - scurrying under the Living Room sofa - at least I hope its one and the same :) and . . .

we're supposed to be in for some good weather next week - ha, and its a short week for me :j, having a long weekend next weekend:D
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Was lovely today, but indoors working all day, one good point about new premises is the air con - :cool:

Was able to sit out after a nice walk home :) should be preparing for interview I have, but having 2nd thoughts.

Heard quite a lot of thunder in the last 30mins or so but nothing came of it - yet. The full moon is brightly lit.

Well, back to reading my Fish books, they are a delight to read when looking for inspiration and some oomph.ps Full moon has just disappeared behind big black cloud.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sickeningly hot in SJ towers! Our house is always warm and the heat outside today has made it worse. Poor dog is mortified!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure