PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Helen's_Mom
    Options
    Thanks to this newsletter I looked into packaged accounts and found out that I have been paying for one for 8 years. I called the bank and got back £1316.33 + £339.85 interest with a day of making an inquiry. :j
  • markh1965
    markh1965 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What type of packaged accounts did you claim for ?
  • batch_2001
    batch_2001 Posts: 44 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Used Resolver to put a few claims in.
    RBS (credit card) upheld my claim...
    £29 offered based off £12ish PPI paid over a couple of years.

I only have 1 statement (£3 PPI) so I don't know if that's correct. I guess RBS know what they are doing but it sounds a bit low (the PPI I've paid) but as I've no evidence to the contrary I guess I'll accept....

Still, £30 for 10 minutes work...
  • duffs54
    duffs54 Posts: 131 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Whilst away on holiday, I got another text from Barclays, saying that they had just paid out for my second card with egg. £750 so along with my other cheque for £1550.00 in June making £2300 in total.

Brilliant news
  • SamDman
    Options
    Hi there, can anyone advice me please, I've recently made claim for PPI and they offered me some money, But I think its not good enough for me, so my question is can I reject that offer and ask them to reconsider or recalculate my figures as its been almost 15years worth?
    Thanks
    Sam
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 July 2017 at 9:13AM
    Options
    If you have proof that you paid more, send it to them and ask them to recalculate, if you don't, then you accept.
    You can reject the offer but then end up with nothing.
    Was this a credit card?, the offer may be low as you did not actually pay PPI if you sometimes paid the balance in full each month, you only get PPI that you actually paid.
    More details would help.
  • sido1
    sido1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T:jI applied to the Co-op bank a few years ago because a friend told me to I knew I had being paying ppi from the 90s I cancelled the ppi in around 2003 ,they sent the app forms ,well I was due to go on holiday so the forms were shelved till we got back, but being a lazy sod I never got round to it,a few weeks later my wife handed me a letter, it was from the C0-0P,telling me 14 thousand was due to me, and would be deposited in my account soon, it seems that when I cancelled they kept taking it anyway, I might add this was a loan I had from 1985 ,I just get topping up till 2013,then after I got paid, another letter informing me they made a mistake, over the interest cant remember now how much, but it was a few hundred pounds, which was promptly paid into MY account,and I never had to lift a finger, well done the Co-op and the friend that plagued my life out to apply, so knowing her washing machine was broken ,we bought her a new one,
  • cutiepieabf
    Options
    hey guys, just got a letter through from Canada Square regarding my old egg card. I couldn't use the resolver tool for canada square, so i went to their website and downloaded their form and posted it only a week or so ago. I didn't have my account details as the card was an online account so i had no statements to refer to, and i wasn't even sure if i had had ppi on the account but i detailed on the form that it was not made clear to me at point of sale and that i was not aware that it was optional. To be honest i was not expecting anything from it, but a few days later i got a letter saying they were looking into the claim, and a week later a letter has come through detailing a breakdown of insurance paid, etc. £220 cheque is on it's way in the post. So happy i finally got around to filling that form in! Thank you MSE for your advice! SUCCESS!!
    DFBX2016 #160 - £3550/£8800

DFBX2017 #160 - £0/£11,378

£0/7807 CapOne (0% PAID) £0/2776 Tesco (0% PAID)
    £820/820 HSBC OD (100% PAID) £0/£795 HSBC M/C (0% PAID)
  • louisewestlake
    Options
    I knew that PPI had been added to a Mint Credit card, many years ago because I remember writing to them several times re cancelling it, before it was eventually cancelled. This was between 1999 and 2009. i had asked reclaim firm to look into it, but they replied 'no record'. A few months later, I used Resolver (no fee), got a quick resonse from RBS to confirm investigation, and another to say continuing. We just back from holiday to find a letter offering us £12000. We had apparently paid £5000! I had no idea what we had paid and I was honestly only expecting a couple of grand if anything, so very pleasantly surprised. I'm going to use Resolver for a car loan taken out many years ago where we were advised if we took out PPI, our loan was more likely to be given. How young and naive we were, we've never taken it out since after reading they were a rip off. Recommend Resolver, also sorted out a Scottish Power problem with them and got a large refund
  • stuben32
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was successful in claiming against a Lloyds-TSB credit card that I took out in 1989. I got back £14,519 - after just sending my PPI claim form back to them - No phone calls or extra info needed.

I also claimed some compensation as it turns out that when I started having troubles meeting payments, and went onto a payment plan - I stopped getting statements. When I queried this when I paid off the outstanding balance with some of my redress money, it turns out that they had sent my statements to my old address - So I complained that they had breached confidentiality, and they came back with a £300 offer that I accepted.

My wife said that she had some loans and cards from Yorkshire bank, but wasn't sure if she had PPI.

They have an address to write to to find out what accounts you had and if they had PPI and we found out that she had had 5 loans and a card that had all had PPI.

They have another address to write to to make the claim which we did, and we just recieved their findings - wife thought a few hundred, i thought maybe a couple of grand, but it was £7,465

So in total we have successfully claimed back over £22,200, all without using a claims management company and with minimum effort and a price of a few stamps.

It's made a massive change to our life - We've paid off loads of debts, and we have never been so financially secure and that's a great feeling to have.

So what are you waiting for - you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain possibly, and remember now there's a deadline of 29th August 2019.

Good Luck with your claims

Stu
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport