Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    You're welcome for 'precedent' too.

It does not.

Any civil gripe is indeed a claim, whether it is pre-litigated or issued in the County Court - which is why Martin uses the term (correctly). Whether a potential claim has any merit is another issue entirely as explained to yourself previously.

No doubt we hold different views re the respective potential of any claim. But it is merely a fact that they are all claims Indeed, if anyone wishes to seek redress from their ex-boss or the NHS or council, they send a 'Letter of Claim.'

Claim on a policy
    Complain about a policy

That is the issue with PPI. This isn't about NHS, Council etc

I granted you judgement/judgment, maybe you can accept unnecessary/worthless are not synonyms and call it quits
  • Madrilleno
    Options
    For those who don't think it's worth claiming, or don't think they're eligible, here's my story:-

I have three Barclaycards and have had them for many years. I looked at reclaiming PPI insurance a couple of years ago, but thought I didn't fit the criteria.
    A few weeks ago, I read in the MSE newsletter that there was a cut-off date for PPI claims, and then a couple of days later I received a credit card statement with PPI insurance fees on it - £1.98. I thought, "What the heck, it isn't going to cost me anything, I might as well try and claim.

I followed the link through from the MSE website to the Resolver site. The details I had were, I thought, sketchy. I couldn't remember when I took out the cards or exactly how the policy was sold to me, although I thought it was bundled in - I put "Can't remember".
    Once the form was filled, it was sent off to Barclaycard, and I thought nothing more would come of it.
    On the 20th of March I received a letter from Barclaycard acknowledging the complaint. Again, I didn't expect anything to happen, but I noticed that my phone number was wrong. I decided to call them to correct it.
    After going through security, and before I could ask them to change the number, the person I was speaking to said the case had been reviewed and would I like to know the outcome.
    The result of 5 minutes work filling in the web form.
    £16,100!
    So, if you don't think it's worth it, spend five minutes filling in the Resolver form and see what you can get.

Good Luck

Madrilleno
  • newbs68
    newbs68 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    10 minutes on a very simple online claim form for Lloyds Bank for credit cards and loans dating back from the stoneage to 2006.

They sorted through all our past cards and loans. They then phoned for clarification on a couple of things and within a few weeks we were awarded nearly £8500 between us.

No luck with Northern Rock and Capital One, simply because we didn't have PPI with them.

However, after phoning MBNA yesterday I was told I had PPI on my CC with them. They are currently investigating and will get back to me.

Companies which would not oblige any help or information over the phone, so far are Morgan Stanley (now Barclays) and Marbles (Citibank). Having to fill in tedious forms for them.

All our claims are pre-dated 2006 when we managed to pay everything off and we've had very little information retained.

So, just try it.
  • Mandy57
    Options
    WOOHOO!! Have just had a reply from Santander saying they agree to refund ppi payments paid on a Dorothy Perkins store card which i had taken out in 1999. I am being refunded £547- 48p:j
    I 1st applied myself via post in 2012 & was refused & thought that was it. I didn't know then that i could re-apply Then i read all the info on MSE & re-applied through RESOLVER on MSE wesite who wrote on my behalf & within 6 weeks have just received the news that i was being refunded. WOOHOO:T 😀 Thank you MSE i am absolutely thrilled 😊
  • Sinderella
    Sinderella Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    You were lucky with Santander - well done!.

They told me my PPI for 2 storecards were cancelled within a month and the premiums were refunded back to me during that month (sometime in approximately 1997). I have no idea if they are telling the truth as where would I see that a refund was sent to me. It wasn't clear on the print they sent me which listed my payments and purchases.

I had 3 cards, and Santander sent me 3 agreements. One of them they said I did not have PPI but I couldn't read that particular agreement because it was very dark and blotchy compared to the other two I received which had a ticked box each.

Can you kindly tell me when you requested a SAR from HMRC did they state in a letter you were unemployed and how long did you have to wait for the copy?

I have just sent in a request for my SAR as I had a young child so I know I definitely wasn't working at the time I took the cards out. I'm starting the whole process again with Santander and want proof of the PPI insurance refund they supposedly gave me after the so-called month that they mentioned. I'm wondering whether I will have more luck with Genworth instead.

Cheers!
  • Sinderella
    Sinderella Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    LISA0812 - You were lucky with Santander - well done!.

They told me my PPI for 2 storecards were cancelled within a month and the premiums were refunded back to me during that month (sometime in approximately 1997). I have no idea if they are telling the truth as where would I see that a refund was sent to me. It wasn't clear on the print they sent me which listed my payments and purchases.

I had 3 cards, and Santander sent me 3 agreements. One of them they said I did not have PPI but I couldn't read that particular agreement because it was very dark and blotchy compared to the other two I received which had a ticked box each.

Can you kindly tell me when you requested a SAR from HMRC did they state in a letter you were unemployed and how long did you have to wait for the copy?

I have just sent in a request for my SAR as I had a young child so I know I definitely wasn't working at the time I took the cards out. I'm starting the whole process again with Santander and want proof of the PPI insurance refund they supposedly gave me after the so-called month that they mentioned. I'm wondering whether I will have more luck with Genworth instead.

Cheers!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 April 2017 at 10:33PM
    Options
    Sinderella wrote: »
    LISA0812 - You were lucky with Santander - well done!.
    Since this thread has almost 37,000 posts, I recommend you look at the date the person you are responding to actually posted. The likelihood is that "LISA0812" hasn't visited this site for a considerable time.
  • Alimayp
    Options
    I claimed a PPI refund from First Direct on a loan and received £3,200 back. Pleased with my success, I've just claimed back PPI on behalf of my husband and he's has been offered £8,600.00 by Capital One!!!

In both cases i used the Resolver tool and i thoroughly recommend it.
    :j:beer::T:rotfl:
  • donnam103
    Options
    Used the Resolver Tool to apply for a PPI reclaim on our previous mortgage (with RBS) as we were told when we applied for the mortgage that we had to have banks PPI in place before the mortgage application was completed. Initially told (over the phone) that we were unlikely to be able to reclaim as it was for a mortgage but got sent a very long-winded and confusing form to complete which we never did as it was asking for information which we did not have as had already paid off the mortgage upon sale of our house and also had moved bank account 2 years ago.

Saw the Resolver information on the newsletter a couple of months ago so decided, why not? Filled in their easy form online, received a 30 minute telephone call a couple of weeks later at the end of which got told that our complaint would be upheld and our payments would be refunded. Received offer a week later for more than we were expecting, should have been around £4,500 but was offered £6,200 which we accepted.

Thank you MSE and Resolver!
  • mosteth
    mosteth Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    PPI complaint upheld!

I took out a graduate loan from Natwest in 2004 to pay off student debts but the PPI I was sold was completely inappropriate - a claim during a subsequent period of unemployment was refused.

Natwest have offered (not yet received) a total refund of PPI premiums and associated interest paid, plus statutory interest, minus income tax on statutory interest. Total = £1985.94.

Hurrah!

Should have done it much sooner, but the Resolver site made it so simple - Thanks MSE!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback