PPI Reclaiming discussion

Options

Comments

• hairbrain05
    Options
    When I realised that I was paying PPI on my c card I cancelled (can't belive i'd never noticed it before!) & sent the first letter to Capital One, and received a response saying that I opted to take it during a telephone converstation way back in 2002. I can't recall this - or imagine that it's something i would have opted for - is there any point pursuing at this point?
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    but thank you. I take it that Welcome will know this thus ignore my requests and let me do what i have to do?
    you got it !!!
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    When I realised that I was paying PPI on my c card I cancelled (can't belive i'd never noticed it before!) & sent the first letter to Capital One, and received a response saying that I opted to take it during a telephone converstation way back in 2002. I can't recall this - or imagine that it's something i would have opted for - is there any point pursuing at this point?
    write and ask for a transcript of the telephone conversation - they're fobbing you off
  • hairbrain05
    Options
    tiggrae wrote: »
    write and ask for a transcript of the telephone conversation - they're fobbing you off

Good thinking BatPerson!!! thanks will try that
  • LISAW_2
    LISAW_2 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    jen1972 wrote: »
    Black horse update.......3rd letter recieved today still saying no am sitting waiting for a phone call right now from them to see if I can make them see sense as even my N1 forms didn't budge them so if can't get anywhere on phone in a bit will have to proceed to court, then it'll be bring it on .( why does everyone i claim from want to go to the wire with me) Lloyds wouldn't give in til i took them to court for bank charges yet ppi's they seem to payout no probs???

Hi Jen, LLoyds are not paying me out for PPI!!
    I followed all the templates and done everything required, but they have taken me to the wire so I have taken them to the FOS and then the courts if neccessary!!

Good luck x
  • LISAW_2
    LISAW_2 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    m.colak wrote: »
    Black Horse only pay attention when you take them to court i'm sorry to say. You can attempt to take your case through the FOS but its a long wait. Make sure you have copies of both loan agreements before proceeding.

M.colak, I have gone down the fOS route, do you know roughly how long the wait is? also, ifi ts too long, what my other options are.

Thanks x
  • m.colak
    m.colak Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    LISAW wrote: »
    M.colak, I have gone down the fOS route, do you know roughly how long the wait is? also, ifi ts too long, what my other options are.

Thanks x

Hi well put it this way i entered a complaint with the FOS reference the PPI on my Halifax PPI on the credit card on the 2nd of november and still hasn't been passed to a adjuncant. I spoke to them and they said they were waiting for information from halifax. They give them 14 days then write another letter than 14 days more than another letter etc. In theory they said the time scale can be as long as 9 months. Your other option is to run the claim via moneyclaim online with is via the northampton court system (providing your case is in england or wales) the turn around time for this can be as fast as a month or a little longer 2 months. This is when you take the company to court to claim the funds but be warey they may defend the claim. This means they either are stalling again (normally) or they will defend their claim in court. This takes the case down the small claims court track hope this helps.
  • m.colak
    m.colak Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    jen1972 wrote: »
    Hi M.Colak...please don't think i'm prying my myself and my husband wondered what your grounds for taking black horse to court were??? i had yet another set to with their complaints analyst yesterday cause they aren't budging, don't get me wrong i have grounds to take them to court and that is where i am heading and i won't give in, but a boost from someone who has been sucessful with them won't go amiss...cheers

My grounds are not the everyday ones. I'm in the forces and therefore have insurance for if i become disabled and the chances of being made redundant aren't very likely. The Black Horse office i went to was in Plymouth and therefore should have been aware of the armed forces and what protection i had before they tried to flog me PPI. They however brushed over it and when i saw the information last year about PPI i checked and saw they had cleverly made me take it when i didn't need it.
  • I recently requested data regarding my EGG loan, but by mistake they sent me data regarding my EGG Card
    after looking at the info, i came accross statements showing details of ppi payments i have never seen before.
    Origanally when i applied for the egg card online i was decilined, i then you used experian to check my credit
    worthiness and found incorect deatils, which where then put right at that stage i spoke to someone at EGG and they
    told me to provide proof of what i had said, i sent the experian info, at this i was then approved for an egg
    card. I used the standard letter template with this info below

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

· having recently looked at the paperwork for my credit card I now realise that I have been paying for

insurance that I did not know I had taken out so could not have been explained to me.
    · It is only after requesting a data request from yourselves that I have been aware of the insurance, this
    is the first time that I have seen paper statements showing a monthly breakdown of premiums.
    · I have included a copy of the original agreement which does not indicate I have signed for insurance, or
    mention’s it anywhere.

EGG's response was
    . From egg records this protection was not sold to you but was requested by
    yourself when you applied for the egg card account. I enclose a copy of the information you keyed for your
    application online, which cannot be changed manually by Egg personnel.
    . No conversation was held with an associate/salesperson from an egg contact
    centre when you accepted this product.
    . Information on this insurance was given to you on the egg website to enable you to decide whether the
    cover was appropriate for you.
    . Confirmatory documents, including the terms and conditions, giving you full
    details, where sent to your registered address with the agreement forms for your egg card account. These informed
    you of the cover you had selected what to do in the event of wanting to make a claim, and how to cancel the cover
    at any time, should you wish.
    . Egg has kept you informed regarding the transactions made on your online
    account, by making monthly statements available to you on the secure area
    of the egg webb site
    . The egg credit card account is an internet-based account, where no
    printed paper statements are provided each month, and so it is the responisbility
    of the account holder to monitor their own finances.
    Therfore, you had the oportunity to query the premium charges at a much earlier stage-mitigating your losses by
    doing so.
    I am sorry to inform you that i am unable to uphold your complaint.

I am aware that you have to opt out of there insurance as mentioned on this forum what can i do to reply to this letter bar
    sending a letter to the ombudsman at 8 weeks, any help please.
  • chris_spackman
    Options
    If i wan tot stop the PPI why is it the payment go down? If i do want to cancel will iget a refund?
    end the tv tax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport