PPI Reclaiming discussion

Options

Comments

• starmanuk
    Options
    tiggrae wrote: »
    Hi there, the FSA have critisied companies for the use of 'pre-ticked' applications and told them to change it - that's the basis you should use, you should also state you attempted to close the account and were told you couldn't which is unlawful under the Unfair Consumer Contract Terms Regulations 1999 (ie ppi is not compulsory and you should have been able to cancel at any time) - ask for a transcript of the telephone call when you tried to cancel - doesn't matter if you can't remember the date, they'll have a record of the call against your account.

Thank you for your quick response. I will give this a go and let all know the outcome.
  • mac_saver
    Options
    Hi could do with some further advice please.
    I have just dug out from my vaults all my customer notes sent to me by Lloyds TSB during my bank charges claim against them which outlines the date,operative ID and notes put on the records when my unemployed wife took out a personel loan with obligatory PPI in 1996 and a subsequent refinance loan a year later. I dont have the loan account numbers so is there any chance that I could claim on either or both of these?????:confused:
    Any advice would be great!
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    How would i go about checking if welcome were covered by the fos in 2004? i am going to put a letter in the post today telling welcome hq what this guy said and that i feel i was mi sold but what i don't want is someone at welcome saying it was not covered by the fos. I mhave been on the phone about a copy of the ppi and i have been told it is up to me to get hold of the terms and conditions as the company that they sold the insurance for is responsible not them? What?
    Hi there Welcome came under the jurisdiction of the FOS on 15th January 2005 - whoever initially sold you the policy (broker) etc. should be the one you go for for the mis selling, which is not necessarily the loan provider
  • tiggrae
    Options
    mac_saver wrote: »
    Hi could do with some further advice please.
    I have just dug out from my vaults all my customer notes sent to me by Lloyds TSB during my bank charges claim against them which outlines the date,operative ID and notes put on the records when my unemployed wife took out a personel loan with obligatory PPI in 1996 and a subsequent refinance loan a year later. I dont have the loan account numbers so is there any chance that I could claim on either or both of these?????:confused:
    Any advice would be great!
    Hi I think you may be out of time on this one - the Statute of Limitations states debts can only be recovered if you have requested them back within the last 6 years
  • tiggrae
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if someone anyone could tell me where I send the letter to reclaim PPI for the following:-

Lloyds TSB for loans
    Lloyds TSB for Credit Card
    Capital One Credit Card
    Dorothy Perkins Store Card

Any information would be gratefully received so I can get the ball rolling and start claiming.

Thanks

Laura
    Try looking on their web sites, each is obliged to give an address to which you can make a complaint
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I'm only just starting this process with mutiple banks so wish me luck :)

But I'm already confused re template letter no. 1 : why is there no mention of PPI in the letter? If I ask for "terms and conditions" won't they just relate to the CC agreement rather than the PPI?
    thanks
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • chris_spackman
    Options
    i got the loan from welcome themselves in an office in the town i used to live in. Is this a problem if they came under the fos in january 2005? I took the loan out in November 2004!
    end the tv tax
  • jen1972_2
    Options
    Hi M.Colak...please don't think i'm prying my myself and my husband wondered what your grounds for taking black horse to court were??? i had yet another set to with their complaints analyst yesterday cause they aren't budging, don't get me wrong i have grounds to take them to court and that is where i am heading and i won't give in, but a boost from someone who has been sucessful with them won't go amiss...cheers
    Jen
  • tiggrae
    Options
    i got the loan from welcome themselves in an office in the town i used to live in. Is this a problem if they came under the fos in january 2005? I took the loan out in November 2004!
    Just means you can't take your complaint to the FOS, but you can take it to the County Court
  • chris_spackman
    Options
    tiggrae wrote: »
    Just means you can't take your complaint to the FOS, but you can take it to the County Court

but thank you. I take it that Welcome will know this thus ignore my requests and let me do what i have to do?
    end the tv tax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport