🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dear Diary Love from Rebecca

Options

Comments

• Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flat pack. Sounds good. I could build one in my parents garden.lol

Our hols do not start until Thursday. 4 days and counting.

Also found £30 in purse. So thats £130 until pay day.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £130 is good if your payday is when I think it is. Have a brilliant holiday :) xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Rebecca01
    edited 29 March 2016 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Eeek. I dare not check the bank.

I had a meal and drinks Thursday for a leaving do. Then a day session in Durham for a leaving do.

My ex had my daughter which has not been without its battles. Had a barrage of nasty texts as I think he resents the fact I have moved on and I am not helping him with the girls. He has had to look after them for two whole days.

Of course he didn't have Easter sorted. My daughter still believes in the bunny and finding eggs. So I had to buy eggs for all of them and hide them at his place.
    He has had to work today . So I am taking them all swimming and to the circus.
    I know I could leave them to it as they are 13 and 16. I just can't leave them 300 miles from home stuck at his place all day. He has to work until Friday and is off next week. So I will have them tomorrow and Thursday.

On Saturday night. I was asleep by ten. My daughter had phoned missing me at 10pm. I didn't hear the phone. Woke to abuse of how I am the worst Mother ever. Siighhh! It used to upset me but I refuse to feel guilty anymore.

So pay day on Thursday. I will see how much I can afford to pay off my car after this week of spends.

Ex usually gives me money towards it but he is in a sulking mood ( jekyll and Hyde) so will not hold my breath.

Right off swimming in a bit.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Blinking Nora! Surprised he manages the toilet on his own. I love how him having his daughter means more work for you. No wonder you're spending when you do let to your hair down :) blame him and stick it on his expenses. Just shows how lovely a person you are to want your daughter to have such a lovely time and bond with her sisters. I wish he could see how blessed he is and embrace his lovely family... Even if it is knackering.
    You must feel good. You are in a happy relationship with an adult now (ie not mr useless) and your tackling this whole challenge on your own. Taking on your debt and trying to buy a house. And he's still being petty. Well done you xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Thank Kitten. He actually thanked me when he came in last night.

Today we are going to a high ropes course. Dd is going to spend the night with me tonight and will go back tomorrow. Easier for me as I am getting up at 6am to go over as he goes to work then. The older girls will be ok for a few hours.

I think the budget is slightly blown this month but looking forward to paying some of my car off tomorrow. ��
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    The circus is on the itinerary today, recommended by a few friends.

Daughter came home with me last night. I was quite relieved as I got a lie in until 9. I was sick of getting up at 6am in a the holidays lol.

Ex thinks he maybe off tomorrow but will not know until later.

I have just rang the car finance place and paid off 3k off the balance, from money I have saved, this months wage and stretching the budget.

This takes my car payment down to £90 a month. He said the outstanding balance is £4200 but I think that includes interest and the settlement figure would be about £3500. So will make a few months payments to the credit card and then pay it off.

Eventually I will be able to start saving.
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Took daughters sisters to the station today. They decided to go early as their Dad has been at work most days. They Thanked me for keeping them entertained.

I have overspent this month already. So I will have to take it easy from now.

Ex has been vile this week. Thinks the world owes him a favour and is actually in a mood with me. He even slagged off the girls mum at one point and them went on a rant about my parents.It annoys me his pure arrogance and that fact he doesn't think rationally but oh well can't let it engulf me.
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are better than most helping out so much. Hopefully with the return of term time there will be a bit more space between you again?

Well done on the car finance payment, that's a huge achievement :)
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £534.4 (5/24)

• Rebecca01
    Options
    Been a busy few weeks at work with pre exam season.

Bellevie you were right, term time has given me some space from him.

Spent way too much last month.

I have daughters Birthday coming up. She would like a sleepover. So at least that is MSE. I also have a couple of hen nights and a wedding coming up.

Still thinking its going to take another year on the house front to get something decent. Patience. Aghhh

My bed arrived. I love it. Though it feels slightly harder than the hotel ones. I guess it is because it is new so it will hopefully soften.

Pay day yesterday. Need to work out this months expenses.

Have a good bank holiday weekend.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Oh no! You'll have to invite people round to sleep in it til it's soft. Haha
    Well done on the car! Fantastic! X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts