🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dear Diary Love from Rebecca

Options

Comments

• Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2016 at 6:52PM
    Options
    The house sold Kitten but it shows they do come up. Also the car I use it for work, to see my boyfriend, dd clubs and to take dd to her Dads etc. I think I would rather stall my plans for 4 months than get rid of it. It has SAT NAV. I am rubbish with directions and panic. Lol

I have checked the bank I have £100 to last for about two weeks. Food is bought but it is the end of term and the holidays. Dd will be at her Dads a lot so that should be fewer pounds spent.

I have a meal out on Monday with the Science Dept and then Thursday with Maths. Costs twice as much being across two Depts. Then there are leaving presents , leaving dos and Easter eggs. Maybe a bit tight but I do not want to dip into savings.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well you know better than me :) it's so easy to sit on the keyboard and tell you what to do but it's so tough making choices. We pay out a lot for a new car but have had shocking luck with the last one and it actually works out cheaper (and more predictable now) than before. So please don't think I'm judging! It's so funny we spent the first year amazed by the dumbest things "I forgot you can drive and see through the window at the same time!" The old one was constantly fogged. "When you put the hot air on there's hot air! And no smell or sound!"
    I just want you to have what you want so much. I think it's just a challenge when you have other things to balance. Do you think it'd be easier if you pretended you had mortgage/bill expenses each month? And just pay it to the credit card? Then you'll know your budget works when you get a place x
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Thanks kitten.

Know what you mean about the car. I used to have one where one of the boot didn't open. Lol

New bed still not here. It is taking so long.

Thats what I sort of do. I pay more than what I would pay on a mortgage to the credit card. Well unless I am purchasing beds and holidays.:D

I think the next few pay days. I will pay off my car as that will free up £172 a month. The interest rate is higher than than cc too.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. I write my out over and over. In reality it doesn't pan out but I like knowing what I'm tackling now and next and next. X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Well I have spent £40 on booking a pod for a weekend away in August with my best friend and kids. There is about 20 of us going. So dd will enjoy it.

Two of my friends are getting married in August. They have both invited my boyfriend. His friend, he has two good friends from the past. His school best mate for life and his uni friend. The uni friend is getting married and hasn't given my oh who is meant to be a groomsman a plus 1. Am I silly to be a bit sad about this? Guess I just would not do that to my friends. Especially when oh has to travel 300miles to go. I know each to their own and its their wedding etc. I just would not do it thats all.

I have cancelled the meal on Monday as the whole school is now going to go out in Durham on Friday for some staffs leaving do. More expensive but dd will be with her Dad.

My boyfriend has made a bit of money match betting at Cheltenham so he filled my car up and put in the money for me for the leaving gifts. I used to do it too and made about 2k in total but I don't want appeared gambling on my bank even though I don't risk any money. Mortgage companies don't know that.

So £60 for Easter eggs , a meal out on Thursday and a day drinking in Durham. Yea right!:mad:
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That isn't right, does his friend know he is with you? Could your OH just ask outright why you are not invited?

I'm not one for gambling, I've never won anything! I don't even do lotto as I resent loosing £2!! Also I worked in a call centre taking bets in the evening for a couple of years whilst studying, I think the losses people made put me off for life!
    On maternity leave I did play in the free games during night feeds, I won a little there if I remember rightly - though Im convinced it was purely to get me to put money back in, but I never did!

Spendy week coming up then, but on the plus side a couple of weeks to recharge your batteries :)
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £534.4 (5/24)

• Rebecca01
    Options
    Thanks Bellevie. He has asked. They are doing a two day glamping thing in yurts. Said numbers are limited. Oh said he heard the break in his voice so his friend knew it would be an issue . To be honest its had a negative impact on us over the last few days. Oh feels stuck in middle. I know its not about us. I think its just because I just would not do it to my friends.

I am not one for gambling really. But with matching I just do the ones where you make money. So there is no risk at all. Never going to be rich off it but it was a nice bit of extra cash. My friend had a go at me once. Saying how it ruins lives etc. Which yes it does. Matching is not risking money though. Fine line but as soon as I risk any then I would quit.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    I had something similar recently. Hubby was best man and the wedding was when dd2 was about 10 weeks old. Strict no children rule so I couldn't go. BUT they didn't tell us until the stag do in a weird scripted way. We asked if I could just be there for the speeches but still no. This is the couple that got engaged the day before our wedding after being together 5 minutes. Don't put too much store by it. If you play the bigger person oh won't forget. And you don't have to forget either... I won't! Ever. People at weddings and funerals are weird, x
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Thanks kitten. You are right.

My camping thing is the same weekend. Thats partly why I booked it.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    We then oh will be gutted on missing out.
    Watching flat pack houses. Looks very easy and so much cheaper than buying. All I need is a big plot of land and loads of money. Easy peasy.
    Nice to have things to keep you going through the summer holidays. I already feel lost in the Easter holidays and they don't start til tomorrow! X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business