MSE News: Air Passenger Duty scrapped from 1 May for under 12s: Reclaim

Options
MoneySavingExpert.com explains how those who've already paid APD for flights after 1 May can reclaim up to £97 ...
Read the full story:

Air Passenger Duty scrapped from 1 May for under 12s: Reclaim

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• LouiseJane
    Options
    Hi, Do you know the reclaim process for Thai International please?
  • andyfromotley
    andyfromotley Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    Options
    great news i shall await BA refund with bated breath.
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
  • cerisp
    Options
    I've booked a holiday to Dominican Republic through Kuoni. I contacted them to ask about this and they said that it does not apply to package holidays. Is that correct? Surely the price you pay for the package holiday would include the APD charge?
  • OWT_FOR_NOWT
    Options
    Brilliant stuff can't wait to get the £142 back from Virgin Atlantic for both kids. Funny thing is daughter will be 11 on departure but 12 on return.

Does anyone know what the process is to claim back APD from Vueling airlines?
  • TK_Trooper
    TK_Trooper Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Is this only applicable to people who have booked flights directly with the airline? What if you booked a package deal with a travel agent? Can, and if so how do i claim my refund in that circumstance?
  • LRR
    LRR Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted Expedia today about getting the tax back on flights we have booked to NYC, we have three children aged 3, 6 and 9, so would be eligible for refunds. Expedia say we cannot claim refund until we have flown. Seems silly when there is a no cancellation policy and we have paid upfront for the flights.
  • LRR
    LRR Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    TK_Trooper wrote: »
    Is this only applicable to people who have booked flights directly with the airline? What if you booked a package deal with a travel agent? Can, and if so how do i claim my refund in that circumstance?

Contact the company you booked the package through, they may already be processing your refund. I contacted sovereign holidays yesterday and was told they are wading through a backlog of refunds.
  • Neil15100
    Options
    I booked a package holiday last year with Thomas Cook for this August to Egypt. My daughter will be 10 when we fly so should be due a refund of £69 based on the distance. However, Thomas Cook are refusing to refund as her price was "discounted". Although it was, we still paid £200 for her and APD would have been required. This means that Thomas Cook are benefiting from the Government refund instead of us. Has anyone else had this and or has anyone received a refund on a discounted (rather than free) child pace?
  • Roshanq52
    Options
    We booked our flights on 9th of April 2015 with qatar travelling end of June, I called qatar and they said only people who purchased tickets before 8th of dec 2014 will be eligible not after, has anyone else had the same response
  • John_25_2
    Options
    Well contacted wizz air today (we have 2 bookings with children) they do not know how they are going to return the money owed. I dont think I should have to claim it anyway it should come back automatically and especially not if they make it hard to do. Still I am stubborn too and wont be giving up! plus its not like they did not expect that they will be asked for this. I think they hope people cant be bothered! Plus sending proof of age is daft as they have it already when we booked and will have it again when boarding cards get printed, They would not let an adult travel if they had booked a childs ticket!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure