Divorcing the debt and the fella.

Options

Comments

• themarsbargirl
    Options
    I considered PIP, but I am very aware that it is a limited pot of money, and as I am not paying any care costs or extra travel costs (my Dad takes me everywhere because I can't manage public transport and taxis freak me out-the drivers talk to me :-/) So I decided not to claim it as I wouldn't use it for what it is intended.

Tinned tomatoes go well with pasta ;) or a cheese sauce is very easy to make...

Glad the phone call went well :)
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • NotNormal
    NotNormal Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Update myfitnesspal for what I've had so far and the plans for the day. According to that, not only am I under my calorie goal but once you factor in walking to and from the pub I am going to do really good.

Decided I will stick to single vodka and cokes - according to myfitnesspal I can have up to 7, the 8th would push me over my calorie goal. Well I only plan to have 2 or 3. Really proud of myself :P now I just need to stick to it. But right now I'm gonna tuck myself up in bed, set an alarm and consider taking a nap. I'm exhausted!
    No more making the same mistakes!
    Debt Paid £549/£2735 20.1%
  • NotNormal
    Options
    I considered PIP, but I am very aware that it is a limited pot of money, and as I am not paying any care costs or extra travel costs (my Dad takes me everywhere because I can't manage public transport and taxis freak me out-the drivers talk to me :-/) So I decided not to claim it as I wouldn't use it for what it is intended.

Tinned tomatoes go well with pasta ;) or a cheese sauce is very easy to make...

Glad the phone call went well :)

We have no cheese in, it's more the "filling" side of pasta that I was stuck with. Normally I have tuna or veggies, but we have basically run out. But I'm not actually hungry, just sleepy. So instead what I'll do is have a larger portion of dinner to make up for the lack of lunch.

PIP isn't just for the literal care/travel sense. I wasn't sure about applying as at the time my husband drove me everywhere etc. But my occupational therapist told me I should because aside from petrol money to him there were also my debts, the cost of stuff for keeping me calm and helping me be "normal".

Yes taxi drivers usually talk. I'm quite lucky though that up here they aren't super chatty. They ask where I'm going and maybe make a comment (e.g. if I tell them an address and it's a hairdressers they'll say something like "oooh, just a trim or going for a full restyle?") but other than that I get told the total, have a nice day or asked if I need a hand carrying stuff... Plus you can book the taxi through the app, so I don't actually have to speak to anyone and can track how far away it is.
  • themarsbargirl
    themarsbargirl Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a lot more rural than you are....no apps for me and they like to chat.
    Damn taxi drivers lol
  • NotNormal
    Options
    I used to be very rural. Wiltshire/Dorset/Somerset area.

Haha my cat has just snuck in slowwwwwwly to get up on his cushion because it's by the window. He's not allowed on the window at the minute because I've got the window open and he can't climb out it, he can very ungracefully fall head first out it though.
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Don't cats always land on their feet though?

You know they say to create a perpetual motion machine you should drop a cat with a piece of buttered toast strapped to it's back.... ;)
  • NotNormal
    Options
    My cat is... challenged. He runs into doors, trips over his own feet etc. Apparently he is absolutely fine, no medical reason he is just clumsy as heck.

Right, make up and hair is done but I will wait to get dressed until Dad gets here as we will eat first and I tend to spill food lol. As it is I feel anxious about the fact I have done my make up before eating lmao
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Not Normal, just saying hello & reading about your day, well done on the healthier eating, thats good news for you. Also, you can work on a stockpile and get that cupboard back to full health, easy to add a couple of tins a week.
    Have you got much planned for the weekend?
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NotNormal
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hi Not Normal, just saying hello & reading about your day, well done on the healthier eating, thats good news for you. Also, you can work on a stockpile and get that cupboard back to full health, easy to add a couple of tins a week.
    Have you got much planned for the weekend?
    Bob

Thank you (: yeah it's a huge accomplishment for me. Really proud of myself.

Yeah I want to do a stockpile again, unfortunately at the second there really isn't much space. So the hope is to get some sort of bookcase that I can put the stockpile in. At the moment there is a lot of stuff in the hallway, but hopefully I can move that soon and then I will be able to set up a cabinet there.

Tonight I'm going down to the pub for a few drinks, Dads treat. My best friend is coming too. Then over the weekend she is going to help me with my room a bit more. Just a couple of things to move out that she's having, then some of my stuff from the hallway can be moved in to my room.

We are going to set up a temporary desk for me - I need to get some more stationary supplies. But then I can start studying there, keep track of my debts etc.

We are also hopefully going to go for a walk, assuming the weather is nice. Get me some more exercise - although according to myfitnesspal I'm doing fantastic. My weekly target is to exercise for 60 minutes (3 x 20 minutes), I've apparently done 156. And my target is to burn 540 calories a week, apparently I've managed to burn 853 already!!
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    :j wooo go you with that exercise!

I've dug out an old pedometer and am just meaduring my steps for now, next month I may make a little daily steps target for myself.

Have fun tonight _party_
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family