EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals

Options

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just received an email stating cancelled due to closing my account! What's going on? Signed into my account no problem.

Dear Customer,
    Unfortunately after purchasing the £10 for £5 Tesco Digital Gift Card you unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer.
    As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers.
    We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Tracyjj0
    Tracyjj0 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got an email telling me I couldn't have the deal, see below

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately after purchasing the £10 for £5 Tesco Digital Gift Card you unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer.
    As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers.
    We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.

Mighty Deals has sold over 100,000 High Street Deals from many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World and Argos.
    For future High Street Deals please ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided.

We have also offered you £5 Free Mighty Cash. This will be valid for 30 days. Simply click on the below link to claim.

I haven't unsubscribed, or ordered more than 1 per household, as they have accused others of doing.

What an strange way to conduct a business!

As soon as I'm sure i've had the refund, I will be unsubscribing - and I'll be making sure that every contact I have on social media will be made aware of what idiots this company are! Don't suppose that was the outcome they were looking for.
  • mellows23
    mellows23 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Customer,

Our records indicate you have not opened an email since registering with Mighty Deals. Due to this inactivity you have automatically been unsubscribed from all Mighty Deals emails.

Due to blockages from email providers such as Hotmail and yahoo, we cannot email inactive customers. As a result of this we are refunding you in full for the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card.

As per our Deal Terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.

Mighty Deals has sold over 100,000 High Street Deals from many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World and Argos.
    For future High Street Deals please ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided.

We have also offered you £5 Free Mighty Cash. This will be valid for 30 days. Simply click on the below link to claim.'

A bit annoying! That email can get through my spam, but the actual voucher can't!
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2015 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Got the same email as well. "order has been refunded as ordered more than 2 per household."

They have changed the terms & conditions several times since the original deal. I complied with the original terms of the contract and now they are rewriting them to exclude people.

Won't be using them again.

Should be reported to the ASA yet again.

What does Mighty Deals say? "ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided."
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another one to get the refund email.

Someone really should look into this company.

Just how much money have they had I wonder gaining interest / aiding their cashflow in the meantime?

Certainly something dodgy going on here.
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They've done the same to me. I'll be reporting them to trading standards. Theoretically they could be taken to court for loss of bargain, although I'm not sure how successful it would be, even if it was worth the time and effort.
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 May 2015 at 5:10PM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    I've just received an email stating cancelled due to closing my account! What's going on? Signed into my account no problem.

Dear Customer,

Just received this too, and like you, I had not cancelled/unsubscribed from my account, nor had I registered multiple times. I registered once & 'bought' the one Tesco deal. I shall be complaining via Topcashback and Paypal about the provider.
    butterfly )i(
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a joke, I've just had an email to say I'm not getting the voucher as it's for new or loyal customers and I have unsubscribed from mighty deals!
    I turned off the stupid bloomin spam emails I was getting several times a day but I still have my account and if I try to re-register with the same email address it tells me I can not so obviously I have not unsubscribed! :mad::mad:
    Absolutely sham will be complaining about this.

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's no point in complaining to the ASA, they are toothless. I'd suggest first raise a complaint with mighty deals pointing out you have complied with the terms and therefore they are in breach of contract. If there is still no luck the only body I can think of who could do something about it is trading standards, unless anyone else has any suggestions? If enough complaints are raised, then TS will take a look.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you think this has been a elaborate scam (no suggestion it is), then contact Action Fraud. If enough contact them, then Mighty Deals may at least get investigated.
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/contact-us

I'm not sure if there really was a Tesco deal. Perhaps a cash flow problem or just to offer £5 credits to use on overpriced garbage?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure