EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals

Options

Comments

• MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi cathedralmouse

Unfortunately our records have indicated many customers have created separate accounts and purchased more than one per customer, or two per household. Our Deal Terms strictly prohibits any customer buying more than one, or more than two per household. These customers will be refunded in full.

Some customers have also unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer. As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers. We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.'

All other customers who purchased the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card will receive their redemption link as instructed on May 15th. There is no further obligation to purchase any deals to receive your Tesco £10 Digital Gift Card.

Mighty Deals has sold over 100,000 High Street Deals from many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World and Argos. We offer these deals to reward loyal customers and to attract new customers. Unfortunately a minority of customers have attempted to purchase multiples by creating multiple accounts. This makes it very difficult to offer these type of deals. For future High Street Deals please ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi fuzzgun19

Please see below FYI:

Unfortunately our records have indicated many customers have created separate accounts and purchased more than one per customer, or two per household. Our Deal Terms strictly prohibits any customer buying more than one, or more than two per household. These customers will be refunded in full.

Some customers have also unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer. As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers. We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.'

All other customers who purchased the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card will receive their redemption link as instructed on May 15th. There is no further obligation to purchase any deals to receive your Tesco £10 Digital Gift Card.

Mighty Deals has sold over 100,000 High Street Deals from many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World and Argos. We offer these deals to reward loyal customers and to attract new customers. Unfortunately a minority of customers have attempted to purchase multiples by creating multiple accounts. This makes it very difficult to offer these type of deals. For future High Street Deals please ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @MD.
    You've posted the same message 3 times, you don't have to do this, one would have sufficed!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Endeavourforever
    Endeavourforever Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2015 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Hi fuzzgun19

Please see below FYI:

I have just received this email as well from an idiot at Mighty Deals - the Customer services adviser is very good at cutting and pasting
    I have not got 2 accounts, I have bought from them - though it ended up not being much of a deal or mighty. However they have accused me of this without any evidence and refunded my money.
    Probably the best thing they could have done because I can now close my ONE account and stop being pestered by constant emails for items that came be bought cheaper elsewhere or pay slightly more for to ensure a pleasant shopping experience.

I will be contacting Tesco to advise them of what I think of their association with Mighty Deals and what they have got themselves involved in. They may be making even more losses next year thanks to this company!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I will be contacting Tesco to advise them of what I think of their association with Mighty Deals and what they have got themselves involved in. They may be making even more losses next year thanks to this company!
    Likewise - and the more people that contact Tesco to let them know about the way Mighty Deals operates the better.

Tesco really do not like their name being associated with untrustworthy companies, and I'd say the chances of them ever doing another deal with Mighty Deals are getting increasingly remote.
  • cathedralmouse
    Options
    I haven't received a personal email informing me of the refund, just the copy/paste reply above stating that the offer was for loyal and new customers only (which I was) and that I'll receive a refund. I'm not sure how I can receive a refund via a post on this forum when I haven't given any of my account details. How could Mighty Deal know who to refund to?
  • Endeavourforever
    Options
    It appears from other review sites that Mighty Deals are getting bad comments removed - presumably as a result of this Tesco deal - that's a good way of dealing with reviews they don't like?
    The only response to companies like this - is to warn others and not get involved again!! Actions speak louder than words after all
  • Former_MSE_Paloma
    Options
    Customers of Mighty Deals no longer have to spend an extra £5 to get a £10 Tesco gift card, after bungled email sent ...
    Read the full story:

'Mighty Deals bungle leaves shoppers confused'

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Paloma wrote: »
    Customers of Mighty Deals no longer have to spend an extra £5 to get a £10 Tesco gift card, after bungled email sent ...
    Read the full story:

'Mighty Deals bungle leaves shoppers confused'

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Good! Well done for exposing these charlatans!

How about a story centred around Amazon's fake pricing too, using fictitious RRPs against the following Government guidelines?

Department for Business Innovation and Skills

PRICING PRACTICES GUIDE

Guidance for traders on good practice in giving information about prices.

NOVEMBER 2010

1.6 Comparisons with "Recommended Retail Price" or similar

1.6.1 You should not use a recommended retail price, or similar, as a basis of comparison which is not genuine, or if it differs significantly from the price at which the product is generally sold.

1.6.2 You should not use an RRP or similar for goods that only you supply.

A practice broken by Amazon every second of every day - with total impunity.
  • aamsal
    aamsal Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Even though i ordered 1, received email saying order has been refunded as ordered more than 2 per household. definately will not be using them again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure