EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals

Comments

• butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 May 2015 at 10:15AM
    Thank you for reply, MD, however as posted earlier, the deal has today disappeared from my purchase history and I have had no email to say it has been re-instated. Indeed, I had a second email yesterday, after I opened a ticket, saying again that my purchase was being cancelled and my money would be refunded.

This seems to contradict your above noted reply to me. Both the original email received 12th and ticket reply received yesterday, stated I had unsubscribed. Can I expect satisfactory resolution soon?
    butterfly )i(
  • Quintic
    Quintic Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well well well... got this at 8:50 this morning.
    All that palaver just to alienate most if not all of their client base!:rotfl:
    Dear Customer,

We recently incorrectly emailed you to say that you had been unsubscribed from Mighty Deals after you purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer. We made a mistake and would like to apologise.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst the accounts that we unsubscribed, your account was unsubscribed in error.

Your account has been reinstated with immediate effect and you will still receive your Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Hi SerenityFire

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer for £5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts was unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive your Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Dear xxx,

We recently tried to pull a stunt to save ourselves spending quite a lot of money. It involved incorrectly emailing you and telling you a pack of lies.

We made a mistake (well - not so much a mistake as getting caught, actually) and would like (have been forced, actually) to apologise.

We span you a story about a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. It was partly true, but you caught us out.

Your account has now been reinstated with immediate effect and you will still receive your Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. Sorry we got caught - we'll be a bit more careful next time we tell such lies.

Again, please do accept our apologies for telling everyone such a pack of lies. We thought nobody would notice, but some of you have had the damned cheek to waste our MD's time - and even contact Tesco about it. How dare you!

It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers. And even more so if we don't pay up!

Till next time, suckers..........:D
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    hI aamsal

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer for £5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts was unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive your Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quintic
    Quintic Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aamsal wrote: »
    Everyone receiving emails about reinstating vouchers- did you contact them to complain?, thanks
    Yes, I did complain via their support ticket system (only). I got the reinstating email this morning. Hope this helps!
  • Barter
    Barter Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    aamsal wrote: »
    Everyone receiving emails about reinstating vouchers- did you contact them to complain?, thanks

No I was waiting to see if the refund came through.
  • aamsal
    aamsal Posts: 35 Forumite
    What about people falsely accused about opening multiple accounts not accused of un subscibing? as all your correspondence keep stating-

• nids
    nids Posts: 106 Forumite
    Someone at MD is thanking the gods for the existence of copy and paste
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    nids wrote: »
    Someone at MD is thanking the gods for the existence of copy and paste
    Yes, what a waste of thread space pasting the same message over and over. :mad:

We had 2 for our household as per t&cs, but no emails for us?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport