Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Over 65s Travel Insurance Guide Discussion - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Over 65s Travel Insurance Guide Discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
36 replies 18K views
124»

Replies

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOT a recommendation

All Clear do extended cover
  • EssexExile wrote: »
    You tell the insurer when you're going on holiday & pay them the money. If anything stops you going on those dates, & it's an insured occurrence like accident or illness, they refund your money.[/QUOTE
    Hi EssexExile
    Forgive my stupidity...but does this mean if I've quoted a date going in February 2020 returning March 2020 to Australia that if I pay now that should I not be able to travel for a covered incident I am covered. I had to quote dates I wished to be covered for on my application so am not sure when the insurance actually kicks in!
  • I followed Martin's advice and after investigating including comparison websites chose the Leisure Guard policy recommended by Martin. Sadly I later found out that friends have already got good cover much cheaper via their Nationwide bank accounts (which Martin does include in an article sent out in the latest email). But this info is NOT on the page about over 65's travel insurance. Would be a good idea to do this. Might have saved me quite a bit of money! Oh well, next year......
  • edited 23 October 2019 at 1:19PM
    HoofeHeartedHoofeHearted Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 October 2019 at 1:19PM
    Forgive my stupidity...but does this mean if I've quoted a date going in February 2020 returning March 2020 to Australia that if I pay now that should I not be able to travel for a covered incident I am covered. I had to quote dates I wished to be covered for on my application so am not sure when the insurance actually kicks in!

It sounds like you have paid for insurance for 1 holiday, as opposed to annual cover.
    For the dates you have given them, you will be covered for issues that occur whilst on holiday.

You are also covered for insurable events that will prevent you going on holiday. This cover starts when you take out the policy.

That is why we should all purchase holiday insurance as soon as the holiday is booked.
  • I've recently discovered that using a link from 'Silversurfers' (you can be a member for nothing to get all sorts of pointers for discounts, directs you to Staysure Insurance. I've just got a quote and it's HALF the one I've bought using Martin's advice going thru Leisure Guard. I've yet to compare the EXACT details, but surely worth considering and putting on your website?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • koalakoalakoalakoala Forumite
    269 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    willow33 wrote: »
    I've recently discovered that using a link from 'Silversurfers' (you can be a member for nothing to get all sorts of pointers for discounts, directs you to Staysure Insurance. I've just got a quote and it's HALF the one I've bought using Martin's advice going thru Leisure Guard. I've yet to compare the EXACT details, but surely worth considering and putting on your website?

Make sure to check the reviews for Staysure