peat wrote: »
I had been in a joint policy with my wife for annual cover with no pre-existing conditions. In October of last year I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and so took out a separate annual insurance policy for myself and declared high bp as a pre-existing condition. I have since read on another forum that this was the wrong thing to do as I would still have been covered under my previous joint policy as the statement I made (no pre-existing condition) was valid at the time.
I have since been diagnosed with prostate cancer is it necessary for me to inform the insurance company or can I wait until the renewal date?
Superbladesman wrote: »
The following is a quote from the guide, good advice you would think, but is it always the case.
"It is never a good idea to wait to the last minute when you are buying travel insurance but this is even more important if you have pre-existing conditions because it may take a bit longer to get it sorted".
Consider the following:-
Cruise holiday for December 2016 booked deposit paid £857.00, insurance quotes start at £1000.00 as we are travelling as a couple and both have multiple medical conditions. This is surely a bad investment better to wait until full payment is due, could even be cheaper!
Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support