Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    atolaas wrote: »
    Hi! :wave:
    I appreciate that this isn't a glitch...but there is a very good deal going on at Mr T atm. They have reduced tinned tuna in packs of 2 and 4 cans. The brand is Oriental & Pacific and its called Sandwich Tuna (basically a mix of shredded and chunks of tuna) They come canned in oil, spring water or brine. The 2pk is reduced to 75p and the 4pk to 1.75, so the best deal is on the 2pk. The deal is on till 14/04/2015.

Last 4 numbers on barcode for Brine: 9318
    Spring Water: 9332
    I didn't buy any in oil *yuck*

I understand that its not strictly relevant to this thread as its not a glitch, but its a good deal IMHO :)

Lovely to see the alphabetties:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2015 at 5:57PM
    Options
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    Hows the cooking going?.It looks like you will have to learn how to make cheese sauce.

One step at a time sal :o:o I only cooked my first pork chops yesterday :rotfl:

It's all about convenience this week. I'm busy with work and won't have time for culinary disasters and child poisoning :rotfl:
  • poppypopster
    poppypopster Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    My objection is to the way in which she - and others - boast about how much they are getting and make no secret of the fact that they are having more children partly for the sake of the extra handouts ! And shout their mouths off about 'its my right to have as many children as I want, why shouldn't the system pay extra for them, you've got to give me a larger house (free) because its my right, I'm entitled to a holiday or two and the system can pay ' and so on.

A system that allows her to accumlate so much extra money to fund her very nice lifestyle is clearly wrong but thats another issue and I haven't a clue how it could be sorted.

There are thousands of families who struggle on a daily basis but manage to get by without milking the system. They don't have a quarter of the luxuries that people like this woman demand as a 'right'.

My guess the only way is to do what someone else said benefits only for the first 3 kids. While it may seem a good solution to this but what about family's who have not needed help from the state and then find themselves out of a job. I don't think it seems fair that a family that has paid into the state would not get the help needed.

Maybe I can suggest an opinion, a little more education for the parents while they are having more children while not working, so when you are on benefits (not) like this family as the guy is working but maybe something similar to this. We just have to remember that the child should not be punished for the parents mistakes.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 April 2015 at 5:58PM
    Options
    Well the price increase to 35p on the S/P Yogurts ("saving us money every day") didn't work - didn't cause all of the competitors to follow suit and leave us with eternally higher prices from now on in, so, back to 33p now and still vs T and M at 33p. (No need to be 10% cheaper than the competitors;).:rotfl:)
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Morning everyone,

No bold for us - some bad skin in this house so can't use it. Will be going to get more rice though and hopefully wine :p

As I've been back from my holiday a week I've got the holiday blues so the brochures are out...anyone been to Cape Verde? At the min it's either that or Mexico but it will be late sept early oct which scares me for Mexico as it's hurricane season.

Cape Verde definite front runner ATM but any advice from you sensible lot welcome. Ta

I visited Sal in the Cape Verde Islands in feb this year and it was lovely. Sun is very high in the sky so plenty of suncream on the kids as it was quite cloudy and burnt through cloud. Place I stayed in was perfect for kids and they were all 2 bed apartments but no air con in second bedroom so I got third person discount so probably very cheap to take kids.
    Think Remote visited week before me.
    Plus side is the much shorter flight of 6 hours. Aug and sept are rainy months so would go October.
    Hygenine standards very high in resort. To be honest we didn't feel the need to leave the resort once. Only wired internet in room but take films for kids/evenings on a stick and pop into tv.
    As you can tell I really loved it and Parents although very well travelled had never been AI before and fussy eaters. Food was amazing and rarely a chip in sight:)

PM me if you want more info. Parents want to go again next feb.

Lazy day today for me. Can't get on with crafting until mum takes me to the range tomorrow morning and can't paint as card stuff everywhere.
    Thanks for all the support you are giving Tasha. She is so thrilled.

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • ilovegreatdanes
    ilovegreatdanes Posts: 2,058 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know what the answer is except to limit CBto 2/3 kids but what about those already who have more.
    food vouchers could be given with conditions eg no cigs but ppl would prob sell the food for cigs.
    same with food parcel deliveries.....
    it wouldnt gall ppl so much if ppl didnt boast about new bags, hols.....
    would it be fair for ppl to attend job centres everyday so they couldnt go on hols,..yes and no
    I do think something should be done about immigration, perhaps a points system like aussie.ppl from poorer eu countries are coming here just for the benefits, perhaps these should be capped to the same rates as the country they have come from if they are not coming to do a job.i think that would put alot of ppl off....but then theres the question of equality and human rights, which everyone seems to have except us.
    why doesnt the mayor of calais stop blaming the uk for the large number of immigrants trying to get here, and just deport them all back to the last eu country they passed throu to get to france, I always thought france was a landlocked country with one coast line but cant remember my geography leesons very well...,,
    you can imagine what kind of traffic warden id make.........lol
    People bring great joy into our lives..some by arriving, others by leaving.im trying to be one of the former, so please bear with :)

LOVE ME, LOVE MY NEWFOUNDLAND.:A
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cathedral City Mature Twin pack still £3.87 RTC instore for me so willbe store specific (medium superstore).

Hth

Anon
  • poppypopster
    poppypopster Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2015 at 6:10PM
    Options
    I dont know what the answer is except to limit CBto 2/3 kids but what about those already who have more.
    food vouchers could be given with conditions eg no cigs but ppl would prob sell the food for cigs.
    same with food parcel deliveries.....
    it wouldnt gall ppl so much if ppl didnt boast about new bags, hols.....
    would it be fair for ppl to attend job centres everyday so they couldnt go on hols,..yes and no
    I do think something should be done about immigration, perhaps a points system like aussie.ppl from poorer eu countries are coming here just for the benefits, perhaps these should be capped to the same rates as the country they have come from if they are not coming to do a job.i think that would put alot of ppl off....but then theres the question of equality and human rights, which everyone seems to have except us.
    why doesnt the mayor of calais stop blaming the uk for the large number of immigrants trying to get here, and just deport them all back to the last eu country they passed throu to get to france, I always thought france was a landlocked country with one coast line but cant remember my geography leesons very well...,,
    you can imagine what kind of traffic warden id make.........lol

My thoughts on illegal immigration is very simple, You come here illegally you get sent back. end off, of course I know its not that simple. Lets be tough like Australia, after a year or so they will not try to come here illegally. Then the UK could run a scheme in the country they are from to allow so many per year.

Oh yes, stop sending money to India to fund the space programme. If you cant feed your citizens. What ever happens in space, its not going to feed anyone.
  • rockyrose
    rockyrose Posts: 1,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Today 3pm
    v t
    s-poo/bath 2 for £4
    sharwoods 2 for £3

9 items on your bill qualify for comparison ASDA Tesco
    +£7.34

1 x ASDA Smartprice Spaghetti (500g) £0.20 £0.20
    1 x Sharwood's Cooking Sauce - Korma (420g) £1.68 £0.87
    1 x Sharwood's Cooking Sauce - Balti (420g) £1.68 £0.87
    1 x Sharwood's Cooking Sauce - Bhuna (420g) £1.68 £0.87
    1 x Aquafresh Extreme Clean Pure Breath Whitening Toot... £1.80 £0.95
    1 x Sharwood's Cooking Sauce - Dopiaza (420g) £1.68 £0.87
    1 x Candyland Flumps Mallow Twists (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1 x TRESemm! Salon Silk Shampoo (500ml) £2.50 £1.75
    1 x Sanex Dermo Repair Bath (500ml) £3.99 £1.49

Comparison total £15.31 £7.97
    :A NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,962 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nilfisk Buddy II 12L 1200W 6.7/4.7Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum 240V £39.99 @ Screwfix
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nilfisk-buddy-ii-12l-1200w-6-7-4-7ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-240v-39-99-screwfix-2181317
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure