Spring into Spring with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh & I am no longer getting any emails about any of my MSE threads.
    Have tried unsubscribing & resubscribing but no joy :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Smedley wrote: »
    RE: Nibblers

Since joining the thread, I have seen a common problem with some members: NIBBLERS/SNACKERS.

This ain't going to be a dig, but to all those:
    nibblers, emotional eaters,
    I think you can do something to help yourselves, should you have the commitment to achieving your Ideal Weight Goals.

Hypnotherapy!

Imagine the therapist makes chocolate, sweets, cakes taste like Swamp Mud or Lemon or something equally repulsive to you, do you think you would happily snack on it then?

I will leave you all to ponder this.

I tried hypnotherapy and it didn't work for me.

I think the first problem was that I didn't have any faith in the man's ability to help me lose weight when he couldn't do the same for himself (he was fatter than I was at the time) and he basically did an analysis on my eating habits, assuming things (wrongly) without actually knowing anything about me.

I do believe hypnotherapy can work with smoking, but that's completely different to dieting: to stop smoking, just stop buying cigarettes. You can't stop buying food, we have to eat!

I've got the Paul McKenna book and cd at home but I haven't tried it, I may give it a go - at least he isn't obese! :rotfl:

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Mildredd
    Mildredd Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    Lois ive tried that one the Paul mc one it never fails to make me fall asleep it cracks me up ive listened various times and always end up falling asleep �� his voice makes me sleeeeeeepy

Beanie - sw pah just pah xxx what you scoffing missus?
    Started sw 02/09/13 - total loss so far -5st 1lb

New Year New You Challenge - /6lb
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least hypnotherapy cures insomnia then! I always fall asleep listening to my hypno app too, I don't even get past the lady telling me about tingling toes or something.. i'm sure she does a walk down some stairs at some point to get you in a trance but never heard it after the first time!

Sorry you're having trouble with MSE Beanie - I don't use the subscribing thing (just save the threads I use to favourites) so I can't help :(

Just watched Ant & Dec a bit late.. can't believe S Club 7 are back :eek: reliving my youth (or I should say early 20's:rotfl:) - jeez they were bad :( I don't remember them being that bad at the time!

Right, as rock and roll as my night has obviously been, it's come to an end and i'm off to bed. Ending the day on 12 syns (had some pom bears and mango chutney - i'm living the dream ;))

night all xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• selement
    selement Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    At least hypnotherapy cures insomnia then! I always fall asleep listening to my hypno app too, I don't even get past the lady telling me about tingling toes or something.. i'm sure she does a walk down some stairs at some point to get you in a trance but never heard it after the first time!

Sorry you're having trouble with MSE Beanie - I don't use the subscribing thing (just save the threads I use to favourites) so I can't help :(

Just watched Ant & Dec a bit late.. can't believe S Club 7 are back :eek: reliving my youth (or I should say early 20's:rotfl:) - jeez they were bad :( I don't remember them being that bad at the time!

Right, as rock and roll as my night has obviously been, it's come to an end and i'm off to bed. Ending the day on 12 syns (had some pom bears and mango chutney - i'm living the dream ;))

night all xx

I think the main difference is Jo - she gets most solo bits as she used to be the best singer and now she seems to be the worst? Ruined her voice with too many ciggies maybe??
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mildredd wrote: »
    I'm currently amused by a friends friend who's applied to sw to be a consultant and is waiting for the result of his interview as if they were going to be employing him whereas I see it as a business franchise and your technically buying a business so it's not the same as a job job interview if that makes sense

Mrs Ryan where are you?
    TopGirl have you disappeared?
    Lush are you at the caravan?

Definitely not an interview as we know many people get through who don't make good consultants. Obviously there are basic criteria about having lost weight with SW but otherwise they just want the money IMO.

Sorry to hear about the Black Dog tie. Roll on the end of term!!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you have had a lovely day greentiger :)

Yes, really hope the result didn't spoil your day. It was always going to be a big ask against the hoops. No shame in losing to them.

Sounds like you coped well being Home Alone shala.

Selement, I didn't use SW food diaries when getting to target. I found a notebook far better. I drew columns of HEXs, free, SF and syns (keeping a running total of those) and then could see instantly if SF looked low and top it up. I think if I was doing it now I'd perhaps have Speed and Protein and Carb columns along with free, syns and HEXs. Do you keep the diary for you or for your consultant? Our consultant is so slow looking them over. We get far better feedback on here.

A change of plan here for supper as when I went to make cheese sauce realised I didn't have enough milk. So just sprinkled a bit of cheese over cauli so fewer syns although a bit of an odd meal. I MUST do a food shop tomorrow!
  • jockosjungle
    Options
    I think its daft if they don't interview people, a bad consultant will put people off and they tell their friends, etc. I imagine if you want to do it, you think you'd do alright though.

Off to do a 17 mile walk in an hour, it's got kids party food part way round so will have to see how I cope.

We got a Tassimo the other day, I'm slowly being tempted by the Oreo hot chocolates
  • Crabapple
    Crabapple Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

Sorry, I missed sending birthday wishes greentiger. Sounds like you had a nice day and saving a goal must have been a highlight :rotfl:

They do interviews and training for SW consultants but it doesn't stop some poor consultants getting through. I guess those people don't succeed because their groups will diminish, but SW should weed them out if they can because it's doing down the name of SW. I think it's very hard to make money at too, although my consultant does it as her job but she's got 5 groups and been at it 20+ years.

Only flaw in that many groups is she does have a tendancy to talk about 'what we discussed last week' which is not what our group discussed at all :rotfl:

Been lazy for two days and am also unnaturally grumpy which is annoying me :o Don't know why I'm feeling like this. Snapped at the kids and my mum yesterday, and even had an argument with DH in my dreams :rotfl:

Going out later for a walk to try and work out a 5k route that I might be able to run one of these years :D May try and jog a little of it since I've been so inactive since Thursday.
    :heartpuls Daughter born January 2012 :heartpuls Son born February 2014 :heartpuls

Slimming World ~ trying to get back on the wagon...
  • selement
    selement Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Definitely not an interview as we know many people get through who don't make good consultants. Obviously there are basic criteria about having lost weight with SW but otherwise they just want the money IMO.

Sorry to hear about the Black Dog tie. Roll on the end of term!!

Yes, really hope the result didn't spoil your day. It was always going to be a big ask against the hoops. No shame in losing to them.

Sounds like you coped well being Home Alone shala.

Selement, I didn't use SW food diaries when getting to target. I found a notebook far better. I drew columns of HEXs, free, SF and syns (keeping a running total of those) and then could see instantly if SF looked low and top it up. I think if I was doing it now I'd perhaps have Speed and Protein and Carb columns along with free, syns and HEXs. Do you keep the diary for you or for your consultant? Our consultant is so slow looking them over. We get far better feedback on here.

A change of plan here for supper as when I went to make cheese sauce realised I didn't have enough milk. So just sprinkled a bit of cheese over cauli so fewer syns although a bit of an odd meal. I MUST do a food shop tomorrow!

Argh trying to clean up quotes on phone and cursor keeps jumping and deleting wrong bit so I give up! Doing food diary for me because I was on plan better when I did one. I might not even hand it in, I feel like I understand the plan well enough it's just if I lose track like I have been lately I'm harming my weight loss. I don't want to promise to post my food on here every day either as I don't always get around to coming on mse. I don't know if I'll get chance to optimise correctly over next few days at this wedding anyway though...
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :)

Tie - sorry to hear you're suffering, I hope it passes very soon.

Shala - Ive never heard of pom bears, what are they? I read it as p o r n bears, that made me sit up and take notice! :rotfl:

Jock - those muller corners look good. I decided I wasn't going to buy Muller lights out of rebelliousness, but I might get those for an occasional treat.

We're on countdown now, 2 days before we set off back to the UK and packing starts today. I've been washing everything and thankfully the weather got back to normal yesterday so it dried.

We leave Tuesday about lunchtime and we're doing an overnight near Madrid, then head up to Santander to board the ferry which leaves at 21.15 and arrives at 16.30 so we'll be home by tea time on Thursday.

That's a long time to avoid the temptation to eat rubbish so I'm planning to take a few healthy nibbles to snack on like cherry toms, hard boiled eggs, salad and baby bels.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I hope spring has sprung and the sun comes out.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family