IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

London Councils lose POPLA contract

Options
1235»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    POPLA will still exist after Oct 1st, it will just be a different company operating the service.

Hopefully not one that will be leant on by the BPA to deliver assessments more favourable to their PPCs, matching the service provided by the IAS to their members (I mean 'their members' literally), and to help stem the haemorrhage of BPA members to the IPC.

Given the vast chasm between the quality and impartiality of IAS and POPLA assessments, surely the time is approaching for either a single independent appeals service (a la PATAS) or giving the motorist the choice of which IAS to appeal to. (I'm sure that choice would soon ensure there was a single appeals entity!!).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    agreed , if we have an approved (almost by the government) contractor that has been chosen on there track record and the tender factor , why have a IAS , down a back alley using the same building as a PPC and a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure