IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

London Councils lose POPLA contract

Options
As from 1st October 2015, a new company will operate the POPLA service for the BPA, meaning the three year contract held by London Councils will not be renewed:

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/british-parking-association-appoints-ombudsman-services.html

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.

Comments

• enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if capita have shares in them
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same people as run the IAS? Can we expect the same level of response?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    IS IT the same people , can you substansiate that claim?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    as well , they have admitted that disabled people should receive allowances

"
    Reasonable adjustments

Ombudsman Services is committed in taking reasonable steps to ensure that disabled people who use our service are not disadvantaged. This policy demonstrates our commitment to improving accessibility for everybody we deal with. It sets out some of the basic principles of our duty to provide reasonable adjustments for disabled people and sets out the factors we will take into account when dealing with requests for reasonable adjustments."
  • Herzlos
    edited 6 March 2015 at 3:09PM
    Options
    IS IT the same people , can you substansiate that claim?

It was a question, is it going to be the same people?

After a tiny bit of digging they seem unrelated and a lot more professional. I'm just skeptical that the BPA would appoint an actually fair review system, because it'd completely sink them.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    yup , sorry I do not recognise those names , can you point one out , then link it to the IAS
  • Herzlos
    edited 6 March 2015 at 3:15PM
    Options
    OS : The Ombudsman Service Limited. Registered office: Wilderspool Park, Warrington, WA4 6HL. Registered in England & Wales. No. 4351294
    Net worth: ~ £3.8m

IAS:
    Company Registration Number 08248531
    Registered Office: 4 The Stables, Red Cow Yard, Knutsford Cheshire, WA16 6DG
    Net worth: ~£206.

They seem completely unrelated. I haven't been able to access the IAS directors, but there's 3 of them, 1 of which claims to be a solicitor.
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It appears the only people you can complain to about their decision is them themselves.
    A private company called Ombudsman service that are no more an ombudsman than me or you.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    IAS:
    Company Registration Number 08248531
    Registered Office: 4 The Stables, Red Cow Yard, Knutsford Cheshire, WA16 6DG
    Net worth: ~£206.

made me spill my coffee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family