PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    .... and I hope the tall , bald , tattooed man swung you around in the middle of a very busy street , with lots of nosing neighbours lol ....:)
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have emerged from the cupboard, dusty but unbowed. TBH there isn't a lot in there, a box of toys for the DGC, a child's car seat, a cool box and 17 coats belonging to my beloved. SEVENTEEN, how many does he bloody need? All of them it he would seem to think. So a little judicious weeding will take place when he's not looking.

Burtha, I am in awe of your courage!

Monna, how lovely it is to meet up with old friends.

Professional help again today, the declutterer, not a psychiatrist, though you may thing I need one.

I can't decide what room to do today, maybe the kitchen.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Burtha - what a woman! Your attitude is inspirational.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Burtha: I would definitely grab you around the middle and swing you round if I could. I love, love love your attitude to life. I will have a strong word with God and get Him to send his special angels to watch over you. Listen for the whirr of wings.

Hester: Oh go on. Get a psychiatrist in. You should be able to sort him/her out in no time. Failing that you could set them to work sorting, packing and transporting multitudinous items around the countryside.

17 coats doesn't seem excessive to me. There's good coats for going out to formal events in cold weather, tatty warm coats for shovelling snow, tatty light coats for walking the dog on cool Autumn morning's, dressy coats for winter weddings, smart, casual coats for shopping, meetings, lunch with friends, light for summer, thick for winter, extreme tatty for gardening .....................get my drift? I am about to warn your L&M to put his valuable coat collection under lock and key AT ONCE. How very dare you?

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    How lovely about your ex-homeless project man Monna :) That's really cheered me up!

HH Seventeen coats do seem a little excessive :eek: but I suppose you have to take into account the fact that they do, of course, breed if left alone in a dark cupboard.

Floss What a good crop of strawbs!

burtha Really 65 miles, that's astonishing! :T

Softstuff
    Getting there slowly but surely, eh :)
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Burtha, you know we're all sitting here with everything crossed for you and waiting for good news come October.

17 coats Hester? Is he in training for the guinness book of records for simultaneously wearing coats? Or maybe he heard you liked flashing by being nude under a mac, thought you meant he had to be nude and was concerned the choice of coat would have an impact? I don't actually own a coat but that doesn't mean I'm after one of his ;)

I came home today and literally stood shaking on my patio from shock. In a good way though... I'd been out all day and by the time I got home it was all... levels. The accumulation of a weeks work seemed to take shape in a day. Wow. And the back yard is huge. Immense. And I think I'll be in need of a couple of plants. A couple of thousand that is. Photos will eventually follow, but I doubt they'll do the transformation justice since they don't accurately show the steep incline that it used to be.

And all documents are en route to Bulgaria, so estate stuff is out of my hands now.

I'm having a super large gin and tonic. Maybe more than one.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    So glad it is all done now Softstuff Enjoy your evening.

Hester I would have thought 7 coats was a lot never mind 17. If we had that many between us we would not be able to get in the flat. We have 4 coat hooks in the very small passage. 3 on one peg blocks it.

Burtha I can't get my head around even a relay running 65 miles never mind one person. Wishing your DH the best of luck on Saturday. I would not make it if I set off now.

Monna How wonderful to see one of you ex-homeless people doing OK. I think it would do you good if you could go back there.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The strawberries are from our allotment - only 350g last night, but there will be more tomorrow, so DH can turn them into wine �� :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Softstuff - that's a lorra lorra lot of lorries!
    (sorry,couldn't resist - slinks away)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Softstuff - just keep telling yourself (at regular intervals) how nice the garden will be when its finished...your haven....etc...etc.

How big is it in fact? What plans do you have for it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure