The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    :rotfl:OMG, Ilona is kicking as* in the Money Savers Arms on the thread called 'Can you stop a nice lady being bullied?'. Good for her.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I think it's fair to say Ilona can stick up for herself :beer::D
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    She is brilliant and has just made my day. I am going to put the news on and sleep laughing.

Yay for brilliant people everywhere.:beer::beer::beer::j:D
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Yikes, it has been raining cats and dogs outside so I haven't left the house. My garden is waterlogged and my snowdrops were coming up so well.

I have spent part of my day off lesson writing and marking. I am disappointed that not a lot was on tv but that is probably because I don't have posh channels.

My mum or a proper money saver wouldn't have complained she would have done something useful like sewing but I am too lazy to do that.

I am still finishing off food in the house. Fish fingers tonight. Only 3 days till payday. Hurrah.
    :j
  • savingwannabe
    edited 29 January 2016 at 5:42PM
    Options
    Hurrah. Payday. We made it.

I have been paid today and am waiting for the money to be paid into my new bank account later in the week. So excited.

It is difficult to see if I have saved any money from last month as there are problems with HSBC banking. I will add an extra £100 to my mortgage fund.

I know I said I wouldn't but I asked for permission from the boys (my financial bodyguards) and they okayed it so I have bid £7 for two pictures on local ebay. They are really pretty I hope I win the auction. That is all I am buying on fleabay this month.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 29 January 2016 at 10:27PM
    Options
    OMG. OMG. Steve and Andy (my bestest friends) are getting married in June.

'...Who's getting married in the morning?... Ding dong the bells are gonna shine.....Get me to the church on time.....lada dadah dah.....:

They told me tonight. After I had had chocolate snackajacks. Right I am on a diet. Must be in skinny jeans by June.

I'm a bridesmaid. I've decided.

:rotfl:

:beer::j:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have to prepare work for next week and then get ready for an inspection next week. Basically I am going to work really hard this weekend. At least we have been paid.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 30 January 2016 at 7:56PM
    Options
    It is lovely and bright outside. I am continuing to eat food from my freezer to save money. But I was naughty and had snacks for lunch. Terrible I know. But I will find something nice for later. I quite like the feeling of spending no money.

I popped out to put my washing on the line. I am glad that I did venture outside as despite the cold, it is stunningly bright and quite green. The snowdrops are in garden, a couple have flowered and despite all of the rain all the other bulbs are growing really well. I will have lots of pretty flowers soon.

I was supposed to mark but instead I have been tidying house and messing around on the internet. There are so many money saving websites. I won the auction and bid £7 for two lovely pictures. Just have wait to organise delivery.

Am going to chill for the rest of the evening. I should be entitled to one day off a week. I only work part time. So I am going to watch telly and maybe mop the floor.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 31 January 2016 at 6:27PM
    Options
    I have done all my marking. One lesson left to write. Too tired to plan for inspection will do it on my day off.

Roll on the holiday. Only two more weeks.

It is raining but v slightly outside. Still it is lovely and bright. My parents visit this week so excited. I will be spoilt. Yay. :j
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Congratulations to Steve and Andy :beer::j:D How fab - please pass on my best wishes to them :D

?u=http%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2Fmr_and_mr_love_heart_wedding_congratulations_card-r2c2e5e3d42ea4b31bb6bc4d4a2345c2a_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg&f=1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Oh bless you. We are all so excited. My mum and dad are jumping up and down with excitement too.

We are organising a cake. Susan and myself. I have to get biodegradable confetti. Most important I have got to get thin.

The excitement has really cheered me up and has made me sort my inspection work into tidy piles. I am amazed at how productive today has been.

Other than the £7 spent on pictures I haven't spent anything this weekend. Yay.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    OMG. OMG. Steve and Andy (my bestest friends) are getting married in June.

'...Who's getting married in the morning?... Ding dong the bells are gonna shine.....Get me to the church on time.....lada dadah dah.....:

They told me tonight. After I had had chocolate snackajacks. Right I am on a diet. Must be in skinny jeans by June.

I'm a bridesmaid. I've decided.

:rotfl:

:beer::j:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My OH wants to know why you're wearing jeans if you are a bridesmaid :cool:
    He sends his best wishes and congratulations too :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business