The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Someone has suggested changing my job role I was so shocked at the decision it took me all day to decide how best to reply whilst retaining my dignity.

Errr, no thanks. For the first time in my life I am going to be assertive and stick to my guns.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Is the new role more money and less hours? If not I'd suggest doing this to them :p
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    No extra money. more grief though. :eek:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Nice to be home from work. No idea what's going to happen to my hours. So glad to be home. The boys came to visit and have just left. We had fish'n' chips and watched Spectre on my Kodi Box.

Looking forward to a weekend of work. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Did weekly food shop for £31- bought many whoopsies including roasts, meat, lovely fruit etc. Also purchased a new dustbin £20 (reduced from £35)for kitchen. Total spend £51.00.

House is lovely and tidy. Lots of marking to do tomorrow. So nice to be inside where it is warm. Outside looks great but it is freezing. Home phone is not working. Virgin can't send anyone till next weekend. :eek:

I still have a house, a job etc it isn't so bad.
  • Adriannak
    Options
    I just read some of post of this thread and now I am posting a comment so I am thinking about saving because I never think seriously about any kind of saving for future purpose...! I think I need to learn myself how to make saving.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 January 2016 at 12:44PM
    Options
    Blimey you have cheered me up. I am amazed that you have learnt something from my thread. I say I will save and then usually go mad buying Christmas lights or clothes - I don't know anyone with as many clothes as me. Pet, there are probably another thousand threads on here that will teach you about moneysaving but you are welcome to join in and you may help me to be a better saver. Mine is just a bit of a laugh.

Anyway Hellooooo and welcome, you are welcome to post anytime. We are all nice here.lol.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 January 2016 at 9:33PM
    Options
    I was up all night stressing about work. Shall I hand in my notice? Shall I refuse to do new job etc?

Then I woke up late and read this thread from the beginning:

Blimey, I have come a long way and even though I spend money it is mostly on useful things (lamps, xmas decorations, clothes that I wear even if I don't always need them). At least, I don't do drugs, excessive alcohol (really I only drink at xmas), and fortunately I am not in debt.

I will carry on and we shall see what happens. I have lovely friends on here and in real life and we go through it all together don't we? Life isn't so bad. I have a full fridge of lovely food. £50 cash till the next payday and £150 in bank which will go towards mortgage fund. I have got through worse than this before. Onwards and upwards people. :beer::j:money:

I have spent most of the day prepping work for tomorrow. Now for some chill time. About four weeks till the next holiday.
  • Keith1985
    Options
    Loving your positive attitude!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello Keith, bless you. :j

I am v lucky today I heard that one of my colleagues knows someone who fell down the stairs and broke his legs. Blimey, I might be panicking about stuff that hasn't happened yet at least I still have my legs.

:j

Hypo at work. Waited for a meeting that didn't take place so I bought a Bounty choc. Best 70p spent, ever.

:D

I have been scuppered at work. I will lose favourite subjects and have to teach something else. Nevermind, I still have a job etc.

4 weeks till next hols. A whole day off on new timetable tomorrow. Plenty of marking but chillout time too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure