The Happiness Fund.

edited 18 July 2020 at 5:15PM in How much have you saved?
3.9K replies 306.7K views

Replies

• edited 19 September at 6:57PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 September at 6:57PM
    MF indeedy I will. I am quite blocked up from all the painkillers. I have just paid off £300 towards next months credit card bill so I feel i have done something that is MSE. I still owe £250 on next month's credit card as I did go slightly overboard in the hols. However, so far i havent spent much this month. New job just needs sandwiches to avoid expensive canteen I cant wait to see how much extra I can save! Every step is a step closer to housepay off and retirement!!!  

Does anyone watch a tv show called My Lottery Home? Oh the dream to win the lottery. I wouldnt even move home but to have a new kitchen and a new bathroom would be wonderful.   I would just quit and garden and go to the beach daily and help my mum dad and family out. I would buy Andy his flat and give him loads so he could quit. lol.  
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    12.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've made the payment which is one less stress.

I don't do the lotto, but do daydream of winning £1m on the PBs, retiring the minute the money lands in my account and moving to a property with a few acres 😃 although in reality I would probably buy a bungalow with a good sized garden. 
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I've a bungalow with a good sized garden which is why i dont want to move! I have just spoken to dr and she is prescribing some more pills and i am going back to work later this week. I have had a good sleep and am feeling cheery but still in a bit of pain. 

Then one week and one day till payday.I'm dying to know how much extra I will get! Some people are going out every weekend from looking at social media. They are v brave as more of them are getting the virus. 
    12.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep resting and taking it easy.
    It's more than your last role and you'll put it to good use.
    I know, even some of my double jabbed mates are getting seriously ill after being social butterflies.
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just walked to get some new medicine. First time i have left house in a week. I am v proud of myself. I am now 62kg. I have lost 5kg since start of hols. It would be great if i could continue to lose more up till Christmas.

The news is all about rising gas prices. Fuel prices triggered several past recessions. 
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m so glad you are feeling better it’s great that you managed to get outside for a walk and some fresh air. It is frightening all this talk about the price of gas & potential food shortages. People will be panic buying again 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    Aiming to retire early in 2025 🥳
    12.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the fresh air blew some cobwebs out and helped you feel a little better.
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello ladies, I am starting to feel much better. One day left to write work for tomorrow. I am going to do it but dreading looking at it which is what happens when you have had a break. I moved a few files out of my bedroom into spare room to avoid doing work at least it looks tidier in there now.  

The weather is quite bright. 8 days till payday. I cannot wait till my credit card is paid off!
    12.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you managed to pick it up and make a start. Sooner it's done, sooner you're resting again.
  • edited 21 September at 5:31PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 September at 5:31PM
    I did quite a lot. I will be doing it every night unfortunately as it is all new stuff I have to prepare. But i am going to take regular breaks as my health means more to me. I worked all day from 9-4 and that is enough.  The weather is quiet nice today sunny but a little cold. 

I have £153 in my account but owe £251 on my cc (ie i owe 98 on my cc in Oct). I will try to only buy food and nothing else so it isn't wasted. I am also giving £5 to a nice colleague who is leaving.