The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on car boot SW I agree with Dolly what a lovely gesture to give the money to your dad x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 August 2019 at 8:13PM
    Options
    My dad wouldn't accept it. Well he did but lied and he's paid it into my bank account despite me being crackers about it and asking mum to hit him over the head with a rolling pin. If you see an Indian man being chased after with a lady with a rolling pin it's my dad. Do not rescue him. He might learn his lesson. lol.

Tuesday was a good day until I realised they sell ice lollies at work. Total spend £1.70 on one ice lolly bad for my bum and also my bank balance.

I have the whole day off on Wednesday providing my health is up to it I plan to:

a) [STRIKE]iron blouses[/STRIKE]
    b) [STRIKE]washed bedsheets[/STRIKE]
    c) [STRIKE]take photos of unsold clothes for flea bay[/STRIKE] I listed most of my skirts on facebay as there is no charge.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Parent's eh!

They are all the same tbh.

I had to get my car fixed yesterday and my Mum was pushing the money at me when I got home last night :rotfl:

Hope you have a good day.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Bless you Dolly I did. I had a very gentle housework and tv day. my chores were done and I chilled. It is still v hot here.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah that's good.

It's been the same in Glasgow too.

Rain has been on and off but the heat is still the same.

Bit cooler this morning.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    edited 1 September 2019 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Hurrah it is payday. I'm rich for the weekend till the direct debits start. lol.

I had the idea of decluttering my underwear drawer after watching a minimalism video. It was so cathartic and it only took took 5 mins I was ruthless. :eek::eek::eek:

Things to do during weekend:
    • [STRIKE]I have to make spare bed, [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]wash clothes x3,
    • mow grass, [/STRIKE]
    • do a report for work
    • [STRIKE]reduce prices on fleabay[/STRIKE] has had no effect. I love those skirts and just as I am not a size 8 any more I don't know what to do with them.
    • [STRIKE]declutter old boxes in store room[/STRIKE]
      • [STRIKE]Pay the boys money for Christmas visit to Kew[/STRIKE]
      • [STRIKE]Sort out the direct debit for nationwide[/STRIKE]
      • [STRIKE]parcel up purse for ebay sale to post on Monday[/STRIKE]

Today I finished off my list of chores except for the report as blood sugars are low and I didn't want any work hassle. The weather has been gorgeous today even though I have not felt brilliant healthwise I still did plenty round the house.

This month as well as the usual £250 I saved an additional £300 (summer job £140 plus carboot £96 and ebay £10 and extra savings £50 due to a no spend part of the month) . OMG. Yay. Onwards and upwards. Only 4 months till Christmas!!!! Yikes.

One day I will have paid of my house and have a nice kitchen and have a decent pot of savings but for now l will enjoy being thrifty. I have really enjoyed this no spend month even though I only started it part way through the month. Other than food I am avoiding unnecessary spending and saving what is left over.

I have been watching minimalism videos and have a little list of things I can declutter as the house is quite tidy. It is really fun and motivating me.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I spent £4 on postage today and £2 on cake. I am deciding what to do tomorrow...…. It's just nice to be home!!!!

To do:

Lots of work !!!!! but I am taking tonight off:j
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Today is my new day off this year.

I am really getting in this minimalism malarkey. I have decluttered my sock drawer:D & filled up one charity sack with unwanted clothes and am going to fill a second one (when my neighbours drop theirs off). This is such a nice feeling.

Then I ordered flowers for a nice colleague - blimey lowest price I could find was £23!!!!! Remember when they were cheap!!!!

I have got to post some work up for my job and then I am done. I am having a snooze for a bit first.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I really need to declutter, I've got so much stuff I just don't use.

Will try to sell some bits on FB marketplace then will just donate it to the charity shops if it doesn't sell.

Hope you enjoy your snooze.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I came back from work & filled two charity bags with clothes and then :jslept for 3 hours.:rotfl::rotfl:

I have lots to do but rest is just as important at the start of term. I am dying for a Chinese but resisting. Watching Boris being stressed is a great feeling.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure