🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The first day back was fine. We are hoping there will not be any job losses this year! It was a NSD. Im hoping that I can maintain this.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 20 August 2019 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Day off today, I am tidying housey for my parents visit and doing washing. Hospital appointment at 11 it went well and I have been given a new blood test meter. Lodger filled in tenancy contract and says he doesn't ever want to leave OMG Hurrah. I spent £10 on travel. I got change for carboot on Sunday but I had to withdraw £20 from cash machines and then spend £7 of that and my cash envelope money to get change for the car boot. lol.

Dead excited about parents coming down and the car boot. My house will be clear.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Enjoy your day odd and hope you get on okay at the hospital.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    TToday was a calm day at work. I have come home with loads of things to do but I fancy a snooze first. Hurrah it was a NSD.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Work was fine today. I have been lent a v big table for the carboot. Here's hoping it can fit into dad's car. lol.

Going to do some cleaning before parents come tomorrow. So happy they are coming. :j
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Have a lovely time with your parents SW and good luck with the car boot !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It looks like there will be good weather this weekend which is always a good thing for a car boot :)

Hope you have a good weekend with your parents.

bln
  • savingwannabe
    edited 23 August 2019 at 8:39PM
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I've just arrived home and parents are here. The sun is shining and I am over the moon that we have a looong weekend. Dad says he can fit the table in the car. Hurrah.

Mum and brother have fixed my lights and also mowed garden. I have just watered it whilst they have gone out for a walk and spray washed my windows at the same time with the garden hose. The boys and their mum visit tomorrow. I am hoping to pack car boot stuff and also figure out how to fix up my clothes rail. I am so happy weather is boiling as I can do loads of clothes washing and it'll dry really quickly.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    The car boot was busy. What was surprising was that not many people bought my nice clothes instead they bought all the tat I thought wouldn't sell. I made £96 and gave it to my dad as all I wanted to do was declutter. It is so nice to have some space back. I am so happy I have wanted to have a decluttered spare room for so long.

I will try to sell what remains of my nice clothes on facebay in the next few weeks.

Today I walked 5miles in the heat on the beach. It was great. I spent £18 on clothes for brother as a present.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £96 is great, that was lovely of you to give it to your dad.

Glad you had a nice day.

Dxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family