We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax online can't access CC statements

12346»

Comments

  • beardiedog wrote: »
    I've sent an official complaint tonight about this so hopefully I should get a call from them at some point tomorrow.

    I hope you have better luck than me. I sent an official complaint three days ago and they have not contacted me back. That is despite the fact that they guarantee to respond to all complaints within 48 hours!

    Please let us know what they say if they reply.

    Only conclusion to draw - they don't care!

    Even got an email a few days ago stating that my statement was available to view. Guess what, no new statement on statement page.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I sent a (second) complaint at 10:30 last night and got a call almost immediately.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 666 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I received a call this morning to say they had passed it on to the IT dept and they would get back to me.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,693 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    First it worked, then it didn't, then it did, now it doesn't again.

    I've had enough of Halifax, a while ago their email to me to say my statement was ready didn't get through so I didn't pay it. The first I knew was the next statement came in the post with added charges. When I phoned they told me the email to me had bounced back so they knew I hadn't received it. I asked why they didn't post me a copy & was told it's a different department! I got all the charges refunded plus compensation then the next month they added some interest, it went on for a while.

    While I'm moaning about Halifax, why do they keep posting letters to me offering wondrous deals for transferring balances, home insurance, etc? Haven't they heard of email? Oh I forgot, different department.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    I received a call this morning to say they had passed it on to the IT dept and they would get back to me.

    I too have just received this information. However, they say there is no time scale for a fix.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 666 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sorted, for me at least, plus a bit of compo for the inconvenience :)

    He said it's an issue for 'a number of customers' and I should ring him direct if it happens again.

    Looks to me like they're sorting it on an individual basis, though I don't understand why they can't implement a global fix.
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    Sorted, for me at least, plus a bit of compo for the inconvenience :)

    Same here, including the compo.

    Let's see what happens when the April statement is due. You could be right that it is now being fixed on an individual basis. I explained it all to a guy yesterday and this morning the statement had appeared.

    Fingers crossed it's a permanent fix as I will be travelling a bit over the next few months and downloading the statement to view off line is much more convenient.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.