We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Halifax online can't access CC statements
Comments
-
This happened to me too.
When I rang I was informed it was likely to be a browser problem. Seriously. The type of browser would affect whether your statements are listed would it?
When I said that it happened at work and at home on different browsers the guy just said 'well they should be there'. No s*it Sherlock!
Anyway, they're back now.
The Lloyds/Halifax interface is terrible at the best of times.0 -
Anyway, they're back now.
The Lloyds/Halifax interface is terrible at the best of times.
Well they're not back for me, on two different browsers and two different O/S. Last available statement to view is Feb 2014.
Agree about the interface. Can't be arsed ringing them as my statement isn't due until 10th March. Maybe they will get their finger out by them.0 -
Still not back for me either!0
-
It's taken me 8 months to get this fixed with Halifax. Apologies, a bit of a long story here.
I was in a Halifax branch last year looking to re-mortgage to them, the guy run the credit report and queried a credit card that I hadn't mentioned. It didn't say which bank on the print out he gave me, only a balance. I instantly thought of ID fraud as I knew I didn't have another card with that balance. When I got home I ordered the online £2.00 report from Equifax and lo and behold it showed I had two Halifax credit cards.
Except I didn't. I suspected fraud on my card about two years ago and Halifax stopped my card and issued a new one. All good, except for some reason last year Halifax started reporting to the credit reference agencies all my payments towards the cancelled card and not the card I had in my wallet. This meant that on my credit file I had two credit cards each with a large limit which reduced my available credit and balances and payment history completely wrong.
The only fix Halifax can put in place is to report all my payments on the original card which was cancelled and replaced a couple of years ago and not on my current card. This has meant that all my statements have disappeared from the online banking website.
If you have a Halifax card that has been cancelled and you were issued with a new one I would urge you to check your credit file. The complaints handler I was dealing with had several more cases of the exact same thing on the go at the moment. This could affect future credit or mortgage applications. Halifax are aware this is a known problem with their reporting to the credit reference agencies.0 -
Thanks for the heads up gaz. Sounds exactly like what's going on with mine, card cancelled and replaced early last year.
Looks like it's not going to sort itself out, I'll get on to them.0 -
My statements are still missing.
I received my monthly Noddle credit report yesterday and only one Halifax card is shown. It has the correct last four digits and shows the correct balances and payments. I did have a replacement card, but that was in July 2013 and there is no reference to that on my credit report.
I'll leave it a few more days but as we are going to Europe at the end of next month and will rely on Internet banking, I guess I'd better ring them shortly.
It's only the statements that are missing, the current transactions are showing up on the summary page OK.
Crazy really.0 -
No statements showing since Feb 2014. I've never had to have my card replaced (except when expired, which was 18 months ago).
Statement was due five days ago; fortunately all the details including the payment date and the amount are visible on the screen.0 -
Is this sorted for anybody yet or is it something that's affecting all Halifax Clarity Reward accounts?0
-
No, not as yet - mine's not a Clarity Card so the problem seems to be across the board.
There's still no message either on the website to inform customers of the problem, probably because they'll be raking in a bit of extra cash from all the phone calls they must be getting.
I can see all my transactions for each month by clicking on the 'previous month' link at the bottom of the page but I still can't view or download any statements since Feb 2014. I'm just going to print this out for now for my records until it's (hopefully) sorted.0 -
the last statement I have is Feb 14 also, everything from that date shows
"March 2014 Credit card number :account inactive" The odd thing is, as of a few weeks ago I could see all my statements until Halifax put their "fix" on my account. No matter though, I've transferred my balance off to a new card as I really can't trust them anymore and will be closing this account next month when I have the final interest figure to pay0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
