Time to step up to the plate..

Options

Comments

• Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good-bye overdraft :D Well done and a good time to get Euros...am debating the same for our summer holiday.

Easter all over again hunting for eggs - have fun :D

Sounds like a really good day today, excellent stuff :T
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ali, and thank you :) where are you off to on your hols? We're off to Greece once the school hols start. Looking forward to it very much!

Not too much to report today, paid in a chq which when it clears will go straight towards CC1. Today's Stepup skimmie is £7.24 to CC1. I'm pondering increasing my emergency fund to £1000 (currently stands at £600). But now that I've paid off my OD, that would provide an extra £500 anyway.. The alternative is to buy an extra block of premium bonds :o (I know that it's not terribly MSE but I do like premium bonds!). Or just pay any excess off my debt of course. Any ideas/advice? xx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stepup skimmie :rotfl:

Yay for overdraft being gone!!! :T

Jealous of all these holidays people are going on. I don't even have a passport any more!!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Reporting in late tonight. I've been in Cheltenham doing the blacklight run :D a 5km run around the racecourse and then a party after, all with lots of neon powder being thrown around :D smashed well over 20k steps today too. And I FOUND ROADKILL £20!!!!!! So a really good evening :rotfl:

Hope everyone is doing ok? I'm a bit hyper now after running so late so a quick skim of the diaries before bed I think xx
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The night run sounds fantastic (except the actually running bit :rotfl:) and £20 roadkill :T What a find!

On your OD, try not to see that as 'emergency fund' back up. Think it's one of the secrets of making sure it never gets dipped back into. :). I'd up your emergency fund :). Those skimmies really add up quick too.

Greece sounds great for hols, we're going to Malta this year early August. Cheap as chips as out of trend and lots of history for DS to enjoy (including a bit on the family side). Think it'll go up in the popularity stakes and cost once the marketing for 2018 City of Culture takes hold.

Lilt - passports are so expensive, especially when I renewed mine only for them to deliver it without getting a sig (against their own rules) and the doodle-dog then a pupster, ate most of it :eek: Post Office staff were in fits when they asked for the 'damaged' one that I was replacing and had to pay out for again :mad: ...I gave them a sandwich bag with tiny bits in :rotfl:. Doodle then had 2 chips - her own microchip and my passport one :rotfl:. My complaint to the Passport Office was then thrown aside as they 'thought my house looked safe enough to post it through letter box' and had taken a photo of the front door!
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Here's one of pics from the run.. At the pre-race celebration :rotfl: !!!!

2nlemb5.jpg

Ali thank you, I think you're right, I'll up my emergency fund. I've also done a 0% transfer on part of the CC1 debt, which is at an eye-watering 18-and-a-bit%. This will mean I get definitely get rid of CC1 by Christmas :T It was tempting to pay off a smaller card (a la Dave Ramsey) for feeling like I'd accomplished something but I realised I'd rather do snowballing properly. CC2 and CC3 are smaller, and shouldn't take too long after Christmas, and then there are CC4 & 5 :eek: AND then I'll be debt free :D lol.. It's a way away yet, but at least there's a plan in place ;)
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    That run look amazing!! I was tempted to just go for it and do Run or Dye Kent this year but I just can't. Next year! I hope!
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    It was SO much fun Lilty! There was dancing before and after the run too :D I'll definitely do it again :rotfl:
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    It appeals to all parts of me but I just can't risk doing anything to my back. I am 5 days with no codeine!

Walking, baby steps... baby pilates... I will get there! xx
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Yes, goodness, don't do anything to jeopardise your back!! :o Keep it gentle xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family