Forum Home» How much have you saved?

How much do you earn and able to save a month? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

How much do you earn and able to save a month?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
84 replies 78.9K views

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey chocolate lover don't beat yourself up. Well done. Every little bit helps. Eventually it will add up. Congrats, you are way ahead of many people in the population.:j
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • chocolatelover93chocolatelover93 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hey chocolate lover don't beat yourself up. Well done. Every little bit helps. Eventually it will add up. Congrats, you are way ahead of many people in the population.:j

Thank you :D
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Kernow666Kernow666 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can easily save £500 a month as am a bit penny pinching , the job i am in i work fulltime and theres always overtime on offer that i get time & half for so usually work 6 days a week as that day i get the extra for so worth it
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • steevisteevi Forumite
    43 posts
    I get about £1700 a month, and I manage to save a grand total of £35 a month BUT it's better than nothing.

£800 goes on mortgage and household bills
    £100 on insurances
    £300 on the horse's upkeep
    £150ish on petrol
    £120ish on food
  • edited 11 March 2015 at 5:17PM
    ifeelsadifeelsad Forumite
    58 posts
    edited 11 March 2015 at 5:17PM
    pony_boy wrote: »
    I understand that everyone is different and have different outgoings but on a personal level I simply cannot understand how a couple can struggle on a monthly income of £2400 a month unless you are paying off previous debt.

Our mortgage is £1600 a month, and transport just to get to and from work everyday is £500 a month. Add £600 for household bills, £200 for food for us and there is no way we could live on anything close to £2400.

We pick up £4200 between us, but add in £140 for food for our 2 pets, and another £150 for vet bills/drugs/insurance for the cat, and we end up saving £400 if we're lucky :-(
  • restless6restless6 Forumite
    458 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    ifeelsad wrote: »
    Our mortgage is £1600 a month, and transport just to get to and from work everyday is £500 a month. Add £600 for household bills, £200 for food for us and there is no way we could live on anything close to £2400.

We pick up £4200 between us, but add in £140 for food for our 2 pets, and another £150 for vet bills/drugs/insurance for the cat, and we end up saving £400 if we're lucky :-(

your choice to have such a big mortgage though!
  • restless6 wrote: »
    your choice to have such a big mortgage though!

We don't live in a big/posh house or anything - it's only 2 bedrooms and needs a lot of work donig to it. We bought pretty much the cheapest thing we could find. Before this we were renting a tiny, grotty 2 bedroom flat for £1500 a month (again it was the cheapest we could find) and still had all the same living costs.

If you work in London you don't really have a choice.
  • leespotleespot Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    554 posts
    We don't live in a big/posh house or anything - it's only 2 bedrooms and needs a lot of work donig to it. We bought pretty much the cheapest thing we could find. Before this we were renting a tiny, grotty 2 bedroom flat for £1500 a month (again it was the cheapest we could find) and still had all the same living costs.

Pets are a choice though :) (joke) But on a serious note, the prices you've quoted above are one of main reasons why we don't have pets.
  • edited 22 March 2015 at 9:42AM
    Bublin1Bublin1 Forumite
    724 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 March 2015 at 9:42AM
    Deleted............
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • anotheruseranotheruser Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Living outside of London and commuting in may be cheaper.
    That's a lot on household bills a month...
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support