GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Puncharama
    Options
    I switched to them in March. Communication was good and transferred when they said it would. I get a monthly reminder to send a meter reading. I've been able to alter direct debit date / amount easily

I had an issue with their website (my account locked), filled an online form, they responded quickly advising up to 7 days to get the issued resolved, and it was.

So far, all seems good.
  • jblackmore
    jblackmore Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another positive experience.

I switched to GB Energy in March, attracted by competitive cost, variable pricing (hopefully will see this reflect wholesale prices), and significantly no exit fee's.

Switch was trouble free, I did know they take a DD during the transfer period, so expected this, and changing DD date was easy and has been honoured.

Website has worked fine for me for last 3 months, submitting readings and viewing bills (not exactly rocket science).
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone say when it's best to send in your monthly readings, so not to get an estimated bill?

I got an email asking for my readings on the 9th, think I read on here that the best time to send the readings in, is the day before they took over the supply, that was the 16th, so send the readings in on the 15th?
  • jblackmore
    jblackmore Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2016 at 9:31AM
    Options
    sniggings wrote: »
    Can anyone say when it's best to send in your monthly readings, so not to get an estimated bill?

I'd phone GB and ask to be sure in case this has changed, but when I spoke to them in March I was advised not to submit first meter reading until AFTER first month has elapsed (even if you get an email requesting a reading earlier).

I submitted opening readings on 4th March and was advised not to submit first months readings until after 4th of April.

I got the impression after the first month you can submit readings anytime, but I generally submit readings when I get the email requesting them.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jblackmore wrote: »
    I'd phoned GB and ask to be sure in case this has changed, but when I spoke to them in March I was advised not to submit first meter reading until AFTER first month has elapsed (even if you get an email requesting a reading earlier).

I submitted opening readings on 4th March and was advised not to submit first months readings until after 4th of April.

I got the impression after the first month you can submit readings anytime, but I generally submit readings when I get the email requesting them.

My billing period is the 10th to the 9th of each month so I submit a meter reading on the 10th. My latest bill is online this morning showing an accurate bill based on my reading of the 10th.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 June 2016 at 10:15AM
    Options
    Having checked my latest statement, I find that GBEnergy hasn't actioned a tariff change requested on the 25th May. Having spoken to them, they are applying the 14 day cooling off period which isn't required under Section 14A of the Supply Licence. They have agreed to backdate the change of tariff to my request date of the 25th May.

Edit:

A revised bill has just come through so credit is due to GB for sorting things out quickly.
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I switched to GB last month and the process was faultless. Their website is a bit poor but who cares when they were miles cheaper for me.

I switched from OVO who in all fairness were really good as well but they just couldn't compete on price. The credit on my account was automatically refunded very promptly which was unexpected. Both companies get top marks from me.
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    Options
    Leon_W wrote: »
    I switched to GB last month and the process was faultless. Their website is a bit poor but who cares when they were miles cheaper for me.

Both companies get top marks from me.

I agree that OVO and GB Energy have good offerings.

I find GB's website fine. I would rather have a simple correct bill than all the bells and whistles offered by Scottish Power/ Npower only to find the bills are wrong, which has been mine and many thousands of others experience.

High spec is fine if it is delivered.
  • cnu
    cnu Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I just switched to GBEnergy today, the switch was painless, will let you know how I get along. So far so good :-)
  • Welshdan
    Welshdan Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic! Switchover was seamless, when I have had reason to call the phone was answered immediately and submitting Meter readings on their website is a doddle.

GB are basically the opposite of first utility who are the most incompetent bunch of sh*ts I have ever come across. Well done GB energy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport