We all need to be heard for a little while.

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You put whatsits in a smoothie?
    Cheesy whatsits? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Corgi was getting lonely on the other thread, so I've moved him to this one!
    WAlL! :rotfl:

Corgi-Snow-Swing-GIF.gif
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I love corgi!!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would just like to point out that if you have (Git)dogs in the fort, you are unlikely to still have biscuits.
    I am ready for the weekend. I am torn between the lazy relaxed weekend I feel I need, and the state of the house which will make me cross with myself if I don't do something about it. Plus I should probably start on the qualifications I need for the job, a lot of which I need to do in my own time.
    On a slightly happier note, poorly abroad relative has finally made it home and is currently en-route to a hospital near his home. Apparently he was so tightly swaddled in blankets, panic attacks were staved off as he couldn't move a muscle - must have been comforting for him somehow.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MIL has collapsed again. Just making OH eat something then hospital
  • elsien
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Melly, do the medics know what's causing her collapses?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• LostSoulForever
    Options
    Well i guess it's neither a rant or a vent, but i will say that i've never been very good at opening up about certain things - especially on internet forums, even more so on public forums :eek:.

I'll hopefully drip feed how things are, or i could end up writing a disertation :rotfl:.

But for starters, i was sitting in St Pancras earlier today (i'll go into why i was there at some other point) - anyway, whilst sitting there i suddenly felt invisible & felt more alone than ever - it was not very nice :(.
    What came first, the music or the misery?
    Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 30 January 2015 at 9:33PM
    Options
    Helloooooo everyone, found you! Well done WaS - I feel a bit guilty now. I wanted you to be the first post on the thread, but I'm very sorry if it was stressful doing it.

I've PM'd Glad now, so she will lock the old thread but it will still be there if anyone wants to read it again (or a first time, for newbies!)

Welcome dragonette! Nice to hear from another new person :)

I have an exciting weekend planned, so won't be around much. Tomorrow I'm going up to the place where I play a lot of music, and becoming part of a team who will make about 120lb of marmalade for the coming season. :D On Sunday I'm off to a trade fair related to match betting - always a good laugh! So apologies in advance if I'm a bit quiet.

I'll drop off a large box of virtual chocs at the duvet fort before I go, though :D

Edited to add: Poor LSF! That's a horrid feeling, I know. The only way I know to combat it is to look around for another lost soul who also looks like that, and smile at them. Establish a connection.

Can I ask about your avatar? I can't see it very clearly but it looks beautiful, and as if it is the opposite of your post. To me it looks like a whole lot of hands, signifying the way we are all interconnected (it's probably something quite different though!)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • elsien
    Options
    Well i guess it's neither a rant or a vent, but i will say that i've never been very good at opening up about certain things - especially on internet forums, even more so on public forums :eek:.

(.

If you're careful about identifying information, the beauty of an anonymous public forum is that you can say things you may not be able to say to the people around you in real life. Which can be a helpful source of support.
    However if you then start posting pictures of very identifiable pets, you blow your anonymity out of the water.:o You just need to double check before you post, if it's a bit sensitive.

• LostSoulForever
    Options
    Helloooooo everyone, found you! Well done WaS - I feel a bit guilty now. I wanted you to be the first post on the thread, but I'm very sorry if it was stressful doing it.

I've PM'd Glad now, so she will lock the old thread but it will still be there if anyone wants to read it again (or a first time, for newbies!)

Welcome dragonette! Nice to hear from another new person :)

I have an exciting weekend planned, so won't be around much. Tomorrow I'm going up to the place where I play a lot of music, and becoming part of a team who will make about 120lb of marmalade for the coming season. :D On Sunday I'm off to a trade fair related to match betting - always a good laugh! So apologies in advance if I'm a bit quiet.

I'll drop off a large box of virtual chocs at the duvet fort before I go, though :D

Edited to add: Poor LSF! That's a horrid feeling, I know. The only way I know to combat it is to look around for another lost soul who also looks like that, and smile at them. Establish a connection.

Can I ask about your avatar? I can't see it very clearly but it looks beautiful, and as if it is the opposite of your post. To me it looks like a whole lot of hands, signifying the way we are all interconnected (it's probably something quite different though!)

Another Lost Soul - I'd hate to think there was someone else in that position.

As for the avatar, maybe it's not as it appears - i'll see if i can insert it into message so you can see it a bit more clearly.

Thanks for your reply & hope you a great weekend, sounds interesting.
    What came first, the music or the misery?
    Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure