Is the licence fee worth it? Poll discussion

Options

Comments

• squirreltufty
    squirreltufty Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Options
    Defiant wrote: »
    I'm not the one having a paddy because some nasty people are threatening my TV subsidies.

Please tell everyone here do you always act childish like this when people say nasty things about your employer ?
    Can't you read? They're not my employer.:confused:
    still a SF nerd no.1:o
    Quit date: 03/09/2006 ----> £1,000s not spent on tobacco(21/03/2010).:D
  • Defiant_3
    Defiant_3 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Can't you read? They're not my employer.:confused:

And as I said then in that case I must be superman because what other decent individual would expect millions of people to be forced into paying for something stupid like a ruddy TV Broadcaster just to make them happy.

If you really don’t work for the BBC are you on the Dole so have come to expect everything handed to you ?
    ckerrd wrote: »
    Does this mean you have had a TV for all this time without a licence?
    You answer still doesn't make this clear

Of course I have I'm not going to go without a TV just to keep the selfish & arrogant give me your money BBC happy. Like people have already said they'd still pester me even if I didn't have one so why not
  • squirreltufty
    squirreltufty Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Options
    So basically, you're just a TV licence evader (good job you're in the tiny minority or it would just push up the cost of the licence for everyone else).

Or maybe like I said before, you're just full of 'it'?

I've just taken a look at your web-site ... hmmm .. 9 members ... I think the BBC is safe for a while longer.:cool:
    still a SF nerd no.1:o
    Quit date: 03/09/2006 ----> £1,000s not spent on tobacco(21/03/2010).:D
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Options
    Defiant wrote: »
    And as I said then in that case I must be superman because what other decent individual would expect millions of people to be forced into paying for something stupid like a ruddy TV Broadcaster just to make them happy.

If you really don’t work for the BBC are you on the Dole so have come to expect everything handed to you ?

Of course I have I'm not going to go without a TV just to keep the selfish & arrogant give me your money BBC happy. Like people have already said they'd still pester me even if I didn't have one so why not

Okay. You obviously don't trouble the licensing people too much otherwise they would have applied for a warrant by now.

Any other laws you choose to ignore and therefore break?
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • Defiant_3
    Options
    Okay. You obviously don't trouble the licensing people too much otherwise they would have applied for a warrant by now.

Well you see in this country you still need proof to obtain a warrant and the BBC salespeople (tvl) don't have any proof to get one because I don't speak to them or let them into my house ;)
    Any other laws you choose to ignore and therefore break?

Yep I should be strung up for refusing to subsidise your television viewing habbits shoudn't I :rolleyes: The shear arrogance of some of you guys just amazes me
    So basically, you're just a TV licence evader (good job you're in the tiny minority or it would just push up the cost of the licence for everyone else).

Only the BBC says its a minority the truth is no one really knows
    So
    Or maybe like I said before, you're just full of 'it'?

Oh you and your childish behavour, go get a dummy
    So
    I've just taken a look at your web-site ... hmmm .. 9 members ... I think the BBC is safe for a while longer.:cool:

Not been setup long and I'm more than happy with the hits the site gets :) The fact that an arrogant person like you who expects everyone to pay her TV bill shows its working lol
  • ckerrd
    Options
    Defiant - you and facts just do not seem to get along.

You do not need proof to obtain a warrant you need " reasonable grounds" for believing that an offence has been committed.

Before writing even more incorrect stuff, do yourself a favour by checking things first.

It's easy.

And you still have said what other laws you break.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    gee whats the big deal about the "law that people break by not having a tv licence" - its a joke

i havnet had a tv licence for 18 years and i wont get one. i refuse to pay £130.00 or whatever each year for crap tv that the bbc churns out!!! - people complain about the other channels and commercial breaks - but compared to the bbc channel 4 has a wider variety of cutting edge movies, documenartys from around the world etc and the commericals are only come on every 20 mins or 30 mins which aint bad -

another thing is the monsterous salarys that the directors pay and can you remeber the years back when they changed the bbc logo and the millions of pounds that it cost. - thats now been flushed down the pan
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    o and another thing someone mentioned about the blue peter con which oocured a short while ago.

of course there was a spat of these cons going on with the other channels but what made this worse was the fact that it was on a childrens tv programme.

the bbc where fined and it was paid for with the licence fee money - no one elses !
  • Defiant_3
    Options
    Defiant - you and facts just do not seem to get along.

The facts are every opinion poll in this country has shown those who want the TV Licence are a selfish, arrogant minority who just seem scared of paying for their own viewing habbits.

My advice to you is go get a job and pay your own way in life
    You do not need proof to obtain a warrant you need " reasonable grounds" for believing that an offence has been committed.

Shows how little you know then but I'm not surprised those expecting everyone to pay for them aren't too bright
    Before writing even more incorrect stuff, do yourself a favour by checking things first.

I can back myself up the only thing you can do is tell everyone to subisidise you :rolleyes:

Say do you need someone to wipe your backside too ?
    And you still have said what other laws you break.

I don't break any other laws but thanks for giving me a laugh and I'm chuffed to bits your annoyed that I refuse to pay for the likes of you :D
  • ckerrd
    Options
    Defiant.

You have a serious problem about admitting your errors.

You don't like the licence fee, fine by me, I don't have an issue with that, as I said before I don't think it will last much longer.

But please get your facts right and stop pretending everything you say is correct.

If you read the Communications Act 2003, which governs, amongst other things, the television licence you will see that my statement about reasonable grounds is factually correct.

So another example of where you are wrong.

No idea what the reference to toilet humour was supposed to infer.

And what does this lot mean?

The facts are every opinion poll in this country has shown those who want the TV Licence are a selfish, arrogant minority who just seem scared of paying for their own viewing habbits.

Another fact (sic) of yours that means nothing or has there been a poll that asks respondents to tick a box that says they are selfish and/or arrogant. If so please link to it and I will apologise.
    My advice to you is go get a job and pay your own way in life
    What are you implying by that statement?

And my only annoyance is that self confessed criminals get away with their crimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport