🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A virus and trojan?

Options

Comments

• elektra
    elektra Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    As I mentioned above you probably need your ISP login id and password and put them into router. If you don't have them written down you will need to contact ISP.
  • bsod
    bsod Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2015 at 6:34PM
    Options
    connect with a wire, and enter your isp details if not there, a reset was a daft idea, scattergun approach to diagnosis can cause more problems than you started with

have you installed any comping crapware
    Don't you dare criticise what you cannot understand
  • aaroncaz
    aaroncaz Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok! Back in, just clicked that I don't need a password/login and it came back. Don't think im wireless now though, seem to have lost that.
  • aaroncaz
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bsod wrote: »
    connect with a wire, and enter your isp details if not there, a reset was a daft idea, scattergun approach to diagnosis can cause more problems than you started with

have you installed any comping crapware

No nothing, the only thing is last week set up online banking, 1st time in a couple of years cause I had a virus before,(ironic!) anyway Thursday saw an email from my bank, opened it,but didn't click on anything then my troubles started.

The greek writing seems to have gone, and when I put xperia z1 on data it had gone.

I have not managed to change passwords on router though it seems beyond me.
  • bsod
    Options
    which passwords, there are 3

isp
    wireless
    router admin
  • aaroncaz
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It was the router admin I was trying to change. I think.
  • aaroncaz
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you think whatever it was has gone now, running an avast scan now and malwarebytes was fine this morning.
  • aaroncaz
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2015 at 7:05PM
    Options
    The wifi sems to have stopped on xperia. Ok wifi back on xperia but the greek writing is back, so fed up now.
  • bsod
    Options
    It is far from clear what you have done.

If you have really done a hard reset on the router, which would necessitate re-entering the isp username and password to get back on the net, you will also need to re-enter the wireless password to get back to using wireless. You normally have to hit the apply button for changes to take effect.
  • aaroncaz
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bsod wrote: »
    It is far from clear what you have done.

If you have really done a hard reset on the router, which would necessitate re-entering the isp username and password to get back on the net, you will also need to re-enter the wireless password to get back to using wireless. You normally have to hit the apply button for changes to take effect.

You could be right, the only thing I know is that the internet did go off for a while until I clicked no log in needed button on netgear. Its I think beyond me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport