PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Take care piglet27.
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Get well soon Piglet27!

Another £8.20 on the total this year - spent in the pub. A bit cheaty, I know, but I didn't have another pot for this to come out of. I need to go to the pub for a meeting later this week, but that'll come from my entertainment pot.
    Home improvement payments £16.8K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £50.08/250

Decluttering 958/2024 Awards 🥇
    (06/05/24)
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    So,I've got 15.45 francs to last me til Thursday.

I've cancelled my electrolysis appt today,which accounts for 20 francs out of my 60 francs a week grocery budget.That means that I've got an extra 20 francs to play around with - 35.45 francs in fact.Hopefully I won't spend it all! ;)
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    I have five cats and order fourty cans and 5kg of biscuits every three weeks from Z**plus. The food costs more than I used to pay, but is better quality and not full of fillers.I also buy 40L of cats best oko litter lasts forever (about six months) and I deposit poop in the Litter Champ (like a Nappysan type thing). I used to buy four bags of value/smartprice litter a week but it didnt last two minutes and it stunk. The oko one is brilliant, doesnt smell when theyve peed and you can scoop out the dirty bits and top up with clean.

Brilliant thanks for the info :) never used zplus so will look into that today.
    The value grit litter is awful stuff and absolutely stinks. One tiny bit of wee and the whole is needs changing. As soon as we changed to wood based litter its saved us an absolute fortune.
    Never will use paper based litter again costs a fortune and its about as useful as a chocolate match.
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

May budget is £300.
    Am going to look for the decluttering thread now.
  • scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 May 2015 at 7:36PM
    Options
    £8.88 spend for me today in Tesc* :)
    frugal the more you learn this month the better prepared you will be next month.It took me a couple of months to get my budget right . Good luck :)
    piglet I hope you feel better soon :(
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    £5 spent today on bits in a$da which will last a few weeks. Just over half way through my budget now, and over halfway through the month too. Need to factor in half term next week, but the ch are at their dad's for half of it, so I'll eat very cheaply then. My freezer use up mission is going fairly well - there are gaps in most of the shelves now, so it's easier too see what I have!!

Not overly hungry tonight, so had a bacon sarnie for tea and the ch had scrambled eggs on toast as it was our easy night. Love a cheap meal! Less than £1 for all three of us - bargainiferous!

No plans to spend anything more until the weekend, and even then I won't need much, just bread, fruit and veg. Hope the new super six on Thursday are good...
    Night all
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    kezlou I also buy the oko cat litter.It's great.

Yesterday I spent 7 francs on ice cream,well sorbet.Out for a walk with a friend.The mango sorbet was delicious. :)

27.45 francs left.
  • rdone
    rdone Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have overspent already this month but looking at what we have in the fridge and freezer we shouldn't need to spend much more this month. I had no idea what we spent per month so I took a wild stab in the dark.
    This month has been a little unusual though as we had a party here one Saturday and we had our two nephews to sleep over on the weekend. They drank 4 litres of milk in about 14 hours!
    I think £100 would be doable if it was just the two of us in a normal month but I think I'll increase it a little for June to try and stay within and then start cutting down until we can get into £100 easily.
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

Debt: £14,896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Down to: £4,982.12 @ 08/06/2022
    Today: £14,256.23
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    A top up of veg today as running low. Spent £8.77 but will do main shop tomorrow. Just finalising next weeks meal plan then will do a shopping list.
    MARCH £62.38/250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport