PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone who works so hard on this thread, its very much appreciated.

I am in again for £250 this month.
    I am still struggling to work out the best way to do my shopping. I am thinking a bit shop at the beginning of the month, for non-perishables and toiletries etc, and then weekly shops for fruit and veg.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Was good from end of January but have lost track again and it's all gone a bit pearshaped :o

Need to get back on track swiftly - Please put me down for £250
    Thanks!:)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Could you pop me down for £120 for April, please? :)
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    Wow where is this year going. I shall stick to my £300 for april and come over and join you tuesday :) going to be over budget again :( I really must get the hang of all this.
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• plymouthscubagirl
    Options
    I am going to increase mine this month by £50 as freezer running down now eventually(!) plus I have extra adult in the house, plus a big family birthday meal out I need to pay for Sunday.
    So £250 this month and hopefully I'll come in under!
  • mrsd
    mrsd Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to join too, I havent been too bad even though not posting for a while (was in an accident and have been in plaster for months!). Being unable to do much meant online food shopping, using public transport etc so cost increased and had to use my overdraft. Anyway now on the mend and really need to get overdraft paid and mortgage paid off (we were overpaying) so can support DD through final year of uni. Usually its just me and DS, however DD will be home for 2 weeks and we have family visiting over Easter, I am thinking should still be able to do it all for £350 allowing for extra spend on some weeks.
    Thoughts to all. Mrs D.
    Grocery challenge £52/£150 for June.
  • m1nk1e
    m1nk1e Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread - it is appreciated in our household :beer:

Please could you count me in for April? Going for a £200 total this month as we are on holiday for a week (different budget for meals whilst away).

Our April month starts on Wednesday and I am already working out which supermarkets I have vouchers for - so far by splitting my online shop over 3 and using the vouchers they have sent me, my shopping will be £40 cheaper even after any delivery fee!!!! It took me a whole evening to shop which hubby thought was a waste of time - until I showed him how much I had saved.:T

Am trying a new plan this month - we are going to have a 2 week menu and alternate through the month if that makes sense? And as we are away a week there will be additional home made meals in the freezer for May!!! The theory being one big shop a month and a batch of cooking and then weekly fruit/veg top ups.
    Not sure if it'll work but going to try.
    Grocery Challenge March: £253/£250:eek: :(still so much of the month left!!!!!!!

Grocery Challenge April: £199.96/£200
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    First spends of my April budget

£86.80 online shop from Sainburys. This is all my tinned goods, lentils, pasta/rice, and non-perishables

£13.50 Tesco. This was my Friday night treat last night, which HAS TO STOP from now on.

£25.89 from the F&V place. This was my weekly fruit and veg.

So spent a total of £126.19. This means i have £123.81 left until the 20th April. I am going to withdraw that amount, and split it into 3 separate purses, one for each week.

Week 1 (28th March)- £40
    Week 2 (4th April)-£40
    Week 3-(11th April) £43.81

I really am hoping that by working it out this way, i will be able to control my spending more.

My main problem is feeling like i need to 'treat' myself on a Friday night, with a bottle of wine, some chocolate and other crap. This does my waistline as well as my wallet NO GOOD AT ALL. So that is the 1st thing that has to stop. Wish me luck!
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all, i don't post much but i do read ur posts. we done really well last month and came in £20 under so we treated ourselves to a nice roast on mothers day :)

£250 for us again this month please :)
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to everybody that runs the thread :j

I'm in again for April for £200 That is for a family of 4 for all food, toiletries and cleaning products. It will be tougher this month as we are down to less than 1 freezer full of food :eek:
    My April started on Friday and I have done a shop so I need to find the receipt.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing