PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2015 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    Options
    Confession time - no decluttering today. I did a good tidy round this morning, and the lounge is still tidy. The kitchen unit is clear and clean, and the areas that I have cleared are still clear - that's a result for me!

This afternoon, I had a sleep. I'm up every night with my disabled son, so I need to catch up sometimes. I sat him on the bed next to me, with his Ipad and books, and dozed for over two hours. Usually either my other son or my mum would look after him, but my son was out and my mum doesn't have internet (my son wanted to watch a film on his Ipad and needs internet). I felt quite refreshed when I woke up, and my son was happy. The Jungle Book is one of his favourites.

I went to a friend's house, and was given a few items for my new granddaughter. They're still in the back of the car, but I'm taking them to my daughter's house tonight. There's a Noah's Ark, doll's house, and several other items, all in brand new condition. They'll go into the loft until the baby is older - but not my loft!

I might decluttter a bit when I get home from my daughter's.
  • allybee101
    Options
    So much progress this weekend! Well done everyone!
    I am going to add my progress to my sig bar - I keep having to trawl back to find my last post, and you're all so productive that it takes me a while to find it!
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
  • mamaninie
    mamaninie Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    Making the bed this evening I added :

31. king size duvet + 4 pillowcases to cs

dh has hated this one for 10 years - claims it is too 'rustly' :rotfl:
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    I got rid of

Picture frames
    Photo frames
    Photos

regards
    :j
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just a small haul today but was pleased to get rid of 5 large pieces of wood which were too big for my car so lovely neighbour's OH took them for me.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not too much has left the house today,but a heck of a lot more has been set aside to go to charity happy036.gif.I really am pleased,especially since it relied on the 8yo and turning 6yo-tomorrow sorting out clothes :eek:.
    We started the morning by moving their chest of drawers into their room.It is the first time EVER those 2 have had their chest of drawers in their own room.I think it started to feel abit more real to them that they are getting their own room (they are the only 2 of the 4 kids that have moved into their new rooms,but they still have the older siblings dossing on their bedroom floor at the moment,so 4 kids squeezed into the room,but I think once their clothes were in,it all felt more real.

Both girls were very good.It isn't all bagged up,but I am guessing they set aside a garbage bag full of clothes,mayyyybe 2.The 8yo even re-folded all her "keep" clothes and put them back in different piles according to colour ("Mum,is this t-shirt red with white stripes,or white with red stripes?" :rotfl:).She also spent absolutely ages removing stickers from the front of the drawers-looks sooooooooooo much better.(I had thought I read years ago that hairspray removes stickers,but that didn't work,She used baby-wipes and elbow grease :).)Just found a thread on MSE that says WD 40 is the way to go next time (there is still 2 more chest of drawers covered in stickers icon_rolleyes.gif).

I just pottered around trying to clear everyone elses boxes of stuff out of OH and my room so 12yo can start moving in.She is desperate to have her own room.Poor thing,at the moment sharing with 3 others instead of just her brother.

I am working tomorrow,but then really really really looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday,which I have off,so I can [STRIKE]do my tax[/STRIKE] go through more stuff,declutter more stuff,and donate to the charity shop again.I might even take a trip to the tip-we have dumped a few things out the back until a tip-trip is done.

When I was to-ing and fro-ing from the loft (looking for a cardboard Roman sword and shield.Don't ask),I decluttered a crushed cardboard magazine file (item #70).I now also have 2 plastic ones to take to school when I remember.As usual,will count those when they actually leave the house.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Since last post:
    - DH turned out 'his' drawer and found a lot of very out of date meds, some sort of computer game, a pile of receipts and goodness knows what else. He says it is all 'gone' - except the meds which are ready to take to the chemist

- 12 items gone from my underwear drawer including an unused set of transparent bra straps from 2008 :eek:

- 2 toiletry UUs from the stash

- had to bin the cd player after it was left in the garage and got leaked on :(

- glass oven proof dish binned as it is just too big for 2 people and too tatty for CS

- two boxes filled from the dresser and top kitchen shelves: car boot sale in the spring! No idea how many items but it has meant that I can now see what I have in the cupboards and don't need to build pyramids to cram it all in :T
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • jillbe
    jillbe Posts: 150 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2015 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Good morning one and all, here is my list so far.....

208 tin foil containers - recycling
    209 knitted beanie cap - clothes bank
    300 ood hoi sin sauce sachet - binned
    301 worn out tea cloth - clothes bank
    302 cardboard packaging - recycling
    303 cropped trousers - clothes bank
    304-307 t shirts - clothes bank
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    broken pen - binned
    several items of too small clothing - in CS bag or clothes bank bag
    coat hanger - claimed by DD2 and taken away
    last few christmas cards taken to recycling
    paperback book - put to one side for my mum
    DVD - watched and put to one side for mum
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January 2015 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Saver-upper sounds like you had a really productive time!

Been in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil for my cuppa:

50. broken toy - bin
    51. hopelessly smashed up/OOD cereal bar - bin
    52. water testing sample kit - DH will never get round to this and I CBA - bin

Told DH I want to get rid of the crappy old crockery he has lying around the place and he's going to take it up to Scouts so need to gather that together as I go and put it to one side. I will conquer this clutter!

ETA: Just spent 10 minutes going round the lounge and got rid of lots of little bits of stuff. Not going to bother to list it all so:

53. bag of stuff no good to anyone - bin!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport