New Year, New You with Slimming World

Options
shala_moo
shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 10 February 2015 at 7:37PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish and all the Superfree food – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Superfree Food!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Superfree Foods to half of your plate

OR

B: switch to more Speed Foods

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Red and Green plans can still be followed, however information/syns for these are no longer available in your main 2015 booklet.

Link to old recipe thread:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3032236

New Recipes

Loaded Potato Skins
Homity Pie
Minestrone Soup
Lentil & Bacon Soup
Pulled Pork
Red Pepper Houmous
Cheesy Chilli Fries
Lamb Tagine
Campfire Stew
Uses for Quark

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver or Durham_mim a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

Comments

• shala_moo
    edited 1 January 2015 at 4:37PM
    Options
    Brief Overview of Extra Easy SP - this takes over from the old Success Express for speeding up your weight loss or kick starting your loss if you've hit a plateau.

Please note that this is only a brief overview as we are not allowed to copy things off the website. Please refer to your books or the SW website for a list of free foods.

Extra Easy SP concentrates on Speed foods and Protein-rich foods

1 - Choose your Speed Foods and Protein-rich foods, ensuring at least half of your plate is speed foods where you can

2 - choose healthy extras - you can have 1 Healthy Extra "A" and 2 Healthy Extra "B" choices

3 - Choose your 5-15 syns as normal and enjoy

SW recommend following the Extra Easy SP plan for a week, if you continue with it then either add some normal Extra Easy days into the plan or add an additional Healthy Extra A choice to ensure you are getting enough calcium.

Speed foods are mainly vegetables and fruits (however, those high in natural sugars are excluded)

Protein-rich foods include lean meats, poultry, fish, meat substitutes, eggs, beans and pulses.

Here's a visual representation kindly provided by Tweets :D

splittle_zpsb6588c79.jpg

And some links provided by kim kim - the fopperholic one is most helpful I found.. the lady who runs it is a SW consultant/manager so her's will be accurate information.

https://fopperholic.wordpress.com/tag/slimming-world/

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/348340-extra-easy-sp-plan.html
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 3 January 2015 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Good Evening :D

Feel at home already ;)
    10433128_10204188383604405_5992350502777403710_n.jpg?oh=62a55763d8dd90b8b5d19f12c4500886&oe=55330E22&__gda__=1429949492_4d74c28fc6b862a859e4bbf544d5f9c3

10384827_10204187918752784_7687863988667377570_n.jpg?oh=a84c58e9dd81791b794b43b9f6eb8f70&oe=55408172
  • shala_moo
    Options
    Well i'd provide nibbles but I've eaten them all :o

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 29 December 2014 at 8:50PM
    Options
    I am just polishing off the nibbles and chocolate............
    Weigh in tomorrow night & start of new plan,new me.........

Thanks for the shiny new thread shala :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for new thread shala. I'm posting this on here too as I wouldn't want anyone to miss wiz's loss.:) Sorry none of the quotes seem to be working properly.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizkid1 viewpost.gif
    My news is a bit better I lost 2 lb this week Yeah, about time to. But will it creep back after the New Year? I hope not. We shall see.:)

:TThat's brilliant!!! Delighted for you! :D

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meg72 viewpost.gif
    told him I would look just like the pic I posted, wearing same coat, jeans, boots. Got reply that he wouldn't consider meeting any lady that wore jeans, or anything less than a skirt and high heels, messaged him to say the last time I was told what to wear was my school uniform, 50 years agp, haven't heard any more from him wonder why?

:eek::eek::eek: the cheeky s*d!!! But I love your style meg.:D Start as you mean to go on.:T As it happens, I often wear skirts/dresses and heels but the idea that anyone would tell me what to wear is unthinkable.

I'm going to try cutting back bit on potatoes by substituting some carrot/swede mash when I'm doing weekday meals like sausages or liver & onions. The trouble is I'm not very good at cooking swede. Anyone have any basic tips?
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the new thread :)
    maman wrote: »
    I'm going to try cutting back bit on potatoes by substituting some carrot/swede mash when I'm doing weekday meals like sausages or liver & onions. The trouble is I'm not very good at cooking swede. Anyone have any basic tips?
    hate peeling and chopping swede so buy the prepared bags of carrot and swede for mashing ;)

going to try squash chips in the actifry at some point this week.. is as bad to prepare as swede but will give it a go :)
  • shala_moo
    edited 29 December 2014 at 9:14PM
    Options
    maman wrote: »

I was going to say try Aunt Bessie's frozen stuff ;) 1/2 syn per 100g..

(sure it used to be free!)

• Catcherupper14
    Options
    Thank you Shala, for the new thread.

My last 2014 weigh-in is tomorrow so I hope I haven't put on too much.

I also prefer the pre-prepared packs of carrot and swede for mash, and mix in some potato to top off a cottage pie.
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Ooh a shiny new thread to post in, thanks Shala! Are we having a new challenge?

I have just been to post Xmas WI, I have put on 2.5lbs. Very happy with that, was expecting double that!! Kinda glad I didn't get my 2stone now before Xmas cos would have been gutted to lose it but now it's my aim for next WI. My WI was 2 days early due to NYE so I have 9days til next WI.

I got the new book, but not going to read it anytime soon as I do Green days only as I'm veggie.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 December 2014 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Ooh new thread!

So if I have this right I could/can now have say cereal for breakfast and a sandwich at lunch but then no potatoes/pasta with my evening meal? probably being thick as a plank but whats the deal with that now? The limited cereal and bread I managed fine with once I got in to it but I often have potatoes/rice/pasta with my evening meal...

Plan is to loosely follow plan until Friday as we have a few New Year engagements this week with friends/family and then hopefully hit the ground running; maybe trying the new plan if I can get to grips with it!

Maman quite a few people on various cooking groups on Facebook etc swear by cooking swede in the microwave (google singing swede) I've not braved it yet but apparently once done you just cut it open and peel/scoop out the soft cooked flesh
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family