Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Options

Comments

• Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is indeed me! I cannot wait!!!!!! Work stress is part of the issue for me and I need to take care of myself more...... as do we all I suspect!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Lilty! I'm starting a ketpogenic regime as well as it seems to really help with the depression. Will pop over to your thread tonight, xxx
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Been a godsend for me in so many ways hun. Don't feel you have to pop in. Just lovely to see you back posting ANYWHERE!! :heart2: xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ea621288e50682be0775603d28dbc91e.jpg

Smilie does too but you already know that bliss-smiley.gif?1292867557
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad you are back Hopefuljoy. Defo take care of yourself, it's really really important. :) xx
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the ketpogenic regime aiding depression, I'll share that with DH and rejig our diet to see if it helps him. Hope it helps you, too
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,461 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2015 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

I'm going to risk my sanity, by posting a post heavy with pics and links when the forum is playing up and apt to lose the teeniest of posts.........

Monday night: For June, Monday nights are 'make do', with most of the items coming from the freezer and/or the storecupboard. We had (frozen) Broad bean Kuku, with a tomato/garlic/basil salad, Salad-e-sabz (scroll down to pg97. It's not the recipe I used, but close....) and some chopped up beetroot;

003_zpsm2rsxps2.jpg

Tuesday night is still *Soup&*. I had planned on making a summer Pea and Mint Soup - cold if not chilled. The weather was filthy :rotfl:and therefore, this soup was most definitely served warm with a swirl of yoghurt and some nigella seeds on top;

034_zpsnfvcnujh.jpg

Tonight, well I changed the menu planner around and we had our Buddha bowl tonight, rather than on a Thursday. I made a BB based heavily on Leanne Brown's 'Deconstructed cabbage Rolls' dish, which you can find in good & cheap (pg 109). My sausages were veggie, I used a whole sweetheart cabbage between 2 which I steamed (with cut up leaf 'ribs') in the microwave. A little tomato sauce was mixed in with the brown lentils and then the remainder put on the side of the plate. A gherkin was chopped and put on top with the sausage and the whole lot sat on caraway steamed basmati rice (you can't see the rice in my little bowl, but it is there!). Then I drizzled yoghurt over the top, which i'd slackened with a bit of dill pickle juice.

056_zps6xrgnqrg.jpg

I'll be delighted if this all posts first time!

Currently on shore-leave and working us socks off!

Thanks for popping in, reading and commenting. Appreciate it.

See y'all later.

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow that all looks yummy. I especially love the swirl in the soup. Must try that myself
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Outstanding drizzling and swirling!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All looks amazing GP. I am so jealous!! Especially of your swirling skills!! And homemade yoghurt. Which must have become some cult thing this summer because every shop I go in has home brewing kits for yoghurt with sachets and thermos flasks and all manner of things!!

Satchmo I started a ketogenic diet 7 weeks ago. I've not had a migraine since which was the reason my Doc suggested it. I've lost a stone in weight. My psoriasis has disappeared. My allergies have calmed to the point I have ditched a third of my daily tablets. Even my back pain has been more manageable as it is mainly due to inflammation and due to all the other pills I take I cannot take anti-inflammatories.. This diet is a natural anti-inflammatory!! My skin is beautiful. My energy levels are up up up. The thing that took a bit of getting used to was the huge volumes of fat you have to eat in order to achieve the benefits. It seems counter-intuitive but oh boy does it work. I am living proof. Haven't felt so well in... I can't even remember!

Night all xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure