Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    New diary?!?

Oh my...

***Faints***
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

A quick nick in and out from me tonight. It has been a 'bit of a day'. Whilst all may well be well in the state of Denmark (Huzzah! :j), I'm afraid things were less than peachy in gummshire, tummshire and/or bummshire with Baby Greying today :( Did I mention it has been a bit of a day...... :rotfl:

i'm cream crackered.

Tea, therefore, you will not be surprised to learn, was not pumpkin and black bean chilli. Whilst I have soaked the beans, and will have to process them before escaping to my bed :( I still haven't found the recipe. But hadn't a minute spare to do anything anyway, a lot of cwtching has been the order of the day..............

Therefore, we had pasta with onions, garlic, mushrooms (mrAl S6) and spinach (frozen). To finish off, I dolloped in some whole milk yoghurt from mrL. The resultant sauce was a little thin, as I hadn't drained the spinach sufficiently (too hot! :D), but was OK. The yoghurt is nice, I think it is currently about 45p for 500g, was lovely and thick and is made with Scottish milk :j Love supporting the UK dairy industry :D We had been buying the 'greek style' 1 kg tubs, but find increasingly that we've not used it up quick enough and it's gone too tangy for our taste buds. At £1.38 a tub, it's too expensive to waste. I figured that the 500g tubs would be a bit thinner product, but would be used up in a more timely fashion. However, I'm delighted with the consistency of it. I sprinkled nutritional yeast flakes over the top, as frankly, I could use all the nutritional aids I can get my hands on at the minute :rotfl:

No pic, as it was as much as I could do to dish up. Besides, whilst the colours of the dish were quite autumnal (I used a red onion), they don't relate well in photos, and it always looks a bit muddy. Also, you know what mushroom pasta looks like :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a nice chat with a near neighbour - good to hear about their adventures abroad

DH arriving home - an extra pair of hands :j

That tomorrow is another day........ :rotfl:

Ta for popping in, reading and supporting me. Mucho, mucho appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I've moved. Come find me HERE

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure