Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lovely food. I have carrot cake and made celery (YS 11p) and sweetcorn (frozen) soup. Planning lots more dishes based on frozen (mostly bought YS and home frozen) and 'need using up veg' but also practicing mindfulness and going slowly. Worked well yesterday, I enjoyed the noise the carrots made on the grater and as I was paying attention (rather than grating angrily whilst doing six other things) I got the maximum out of each carrot and stopped just before the fateful taking half your knuckles off stroke.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your lovely replies.

Given the way the forum is so slow at the moment, and the number of times that you have to try to post, reply to a post or the amount of times you have to try to just get onto the site, I think that I'll *go and do something more interesting with my time*.

Enjoy the sunshine if and when you can.

Thanks for popping in, reading and commenting - with extra *bravos* if you've endured the egg-timer for any length of time recently........... :(

See y'all later.

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    balloons-smiley.gif?1292867552
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    group-hug1-smiley.gif?1292867610
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs dear greying and chums. Its a bit annoying trying to get on and try to post so much!

:0

Have a lovely weekend.

X

PS YAY for crowdfunding.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    edited 6 June 2015 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Well, credit where credit is due, it looks like the forum is up and running properly again - so :T to the behindthescenestechyboffinbrigagde.

We've not done anything out of the ordinary MSE wise, 2 more *teas* enjoyed at home;

018_zpswevghq85.jpg

Cornmeal crusted halloumi with mixed leaves (underneath), potato salad, Jajig and 2 tomato basil salad.

And;

022_zpswt6mozav.jpg

2 Tomato pizza (can you spot the theme/trend in this week's shopping??? :rotfl:) with sweet potato wedges. The potatoes were the last of the barginacious S6 from last month's offer in Ald1.

We've been doing some *life admin* stuff, which always seems to bring about the *contemplative* in me :(

I've decided to ditch several UK-based blogs that I did read reasonably regularly. The authors seem to have all moved (independently I'm sure) to positions of 'absolutes' and it is reflected in their posts. Now, this is entirely what living in a democracy is about, folk must make their blog their own voice, I'm supportive of that. I just chose not to bother reading anymore. I've always been of the opinion that life is much more about the *shades of grey* than it is ever about the absolutes. I think that we would live in a fairer and more compassionate/community minded world if the politics of consensus, rather than of particular party were allowed to flourish. It is only when people pass, such as Charles Kennedy recently, that people applaud *standing up for what they believed to be right*, irrespective of whether their fellow citizens/parliamentarians/neighbours were all facing in a different direction.

Shouting loudly is actually very easy. Sometimes it needs to be done. Sometimes it can be nothing but a diversion. Sometimes it is the quiet, but persistent voice that needs to be heard, listened to and heeded.

You'll know that I regularly read Heidi's blog. I was reading it the other day, and musing on how it wasn't necessary to like every recipe that was featured; follow every item on any 'lists' as lifestyle *musthaves*, but it was important to note the breadth of coverage of the blog. If you take me to places I may not have found by myself, then I will keep coming back.

Having said all that, I remain grateful for places where people discuss matters and help each other. Certainly, our recent forays into life admin matters have been :money: from the point of view that we have done much of the form-filling/research and leg work ourselves - with a large helping of advice and guidance from several MSE'rs. We could have bought *professional* guidance at every step of the way. But by listening to gentle voices, calmly laying out what steps needed to be followed, what was necessary and what could be sidestepped, we have achieved all that we set out to achieve. For less money than it could have cost us. For that I am grateful :D

Thanks so much for popping in, reading and commenting. I am grateful.

See y'all later.

Greying x

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sometimes "being reasonable" didn't serve my purpose so on Thursday I had a melt-down and ranted that if DH didn't want money in the bank for the first time in his adult life then I'd pass his financial responsibility back to him. As an explanatory note, when he's depressed as he is atm, money becomes uber-important to him.

The rant could have backfired, as he was due a one off boost to his pension income. Well, surprise, surprise today he decided he'd just have a small amount to splurge and agreed to put the rest aside.

He also started making an effort to communicate (another victim of depression), so the rant had a positive impact. Gentle reasonableness will be reinstated as it's too exhausting to rant.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Agreed satchmo.

As I said, shouting loudly sometimes needs to be done. But as you said, it is also exhausting, and I believe that it loses its effectiveness over time. People *switch off* to constant anything - calls to arms, rants, diatribes as to where *THEM* have it all wrong, etc etc.

I hope harmony at satchmo villas is quickly re-instated and progress continues apace.

Lovely of you to drop in :D

Greying x

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Popping on to say hello and now popping off again as I feel really hungry looking at those dinners - they look very tempting. Hope you're all well xx
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Do love popping on and seeing your food greying! I have halloumi in the fridge (thanks MSE spellchecker... that became 'helium in the fired':rotfl:. Cornmeal is out on my diet but I was trying to work out what you were having for ages. Looks like very grown up fishfingers :rotfl:

Think you have just inspired my dinner though!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure