Frugal Frump to Fab - 2015

Options

Comments

• the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've let myself go too.

I've half heartedly tried following these threads before but fallen by the wayside, so going to try again.
    Main priority is to eat better, as letting myself go seems to manifest itself in drowning in a vat of crisps and chocolate :o but general grooming is fairly dire too.
    Have made a start today and done a first day of Slimming World successfully :j. I don't need to lose much weight but am hoping being more regimented will make healthy eating easier.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Options
    Lovely to see so many posters on here :D

I have been thoroughly lazy over Christmas, add to which the dog is lame so she's on enforced rest.....the lack of moving about sure doesn't suit me. Bundled the kids in the car, took a picnic and went for a lovely walk in the winter sunshine. Much needed as cabin fever was setting in. Feel ready for life to get back to normal routine now.

Not setting any goals or New Years resolutions......a part of me is tired of trying to improve or reinvent myself. Going to just be me and see where it takes me without the need for plans or goals.

De varnished the fingers tonight, they need a file and some cream.

Hewie OUCH! Sounds like a nasty bump to the nose x

LL it's not great you're suffering but good that you have a plan of attack x

Hugs and high fives all round :T
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello :wave:
    I'm hopping back in again for next year please?! :D
    My OH got down on one knee christmas morning :dance: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D and we plan to get married next September so I need to keep on the fabbing wagon so I look the best I can!!!!

Thanks for the new thread LL
    Time to make food lists so I can meal plan much much better and get my eating back on track!! I have seriously eaten very little good for me over the festive period!

HUGS xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • LoLo
    LoLo Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations new thrift, how exciting and a real motivation for fabbing.
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    Hi all & welcome so many new faces :)
    LL glad you have a plan, I'm sure you will start to feel better and the fruits of your labour soon as they sat. Little by little :)

New thrift congratulations that is wonderful news :) what a way to start the new year :)

Well as a target to pampering and looking after myself I have spent some Christmas money on buying a couple if new skinny jeans & leggings. Two cardigans and two fine jumpers. 1 knitted dress so hopefull I can mix and Max my wardrobe. I also booked a holiday for us at end of summer for 10 days so now have a target. Looking forward to some sun and relaxing with oh after the last year. Will give me something to focus on.

I had my hair cut & highlights just before Xmas, and I get my nails done every 3 weeks. I need to stop biting my fingers when I'm stressed though, it's a disgusting habit. I did a scrub/ face mask & moisturiser mask tonight and skin looks much better. Have worn a little make up and it's been helping me feel better... So time to keep that up when back at work again.

Dd goes home tomorrow so a couple of days of straightening out the house when oh at work & relaxing for me. Might even start reading some of my books that seem to be ever growing next to my bed...
    Hope everyone is well :):)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Ooh a wedding - we can all be your virtual bridesmaids.:rotfl:

And, if that's not motivation then I don't know what is......

Any way congratulations.

Re the Paleo diet. I have been flirting with this over the last couple of months, learning as I go. It's trial and error for me because I have had stomach problems for as long as I can remember, an ulcer in my teens, IBS and GORD.

I spent over 10 years on Omeprazole and this year decided enough was enough and gradually weaned myself off them.

I have discovered that wheat is one of my main triggers and have gradually realised that Paleo seems to suit me. For various reasons I have not fully embraced it, but now after this last episode I am now convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that this is the way forward for me.

However, I'm not going to just do a drastic switchover, I shall phase it gently over a couple of weeks. I also need to address my sugar intake because I have a genetic inheritance of T2 diabetes. My last test was clear but Over the last couple of years I have been playing Russian Roulette with my diet so it's time to clean up my act and get serious.

Hope the nose is ok Hewie. Did you buy some Pandora in the end.

I still have to buy myself something bright and shiny from my OH but will wait until after the New Year.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Please may I join in too (despite my username I am female). I have been depressed for a good long while and have recently started taking medication for it again (a nice Christmas present from my GP) - depression has caused me not to eat properly and as a result I have ballooned:( I go to SW but now only go to weigh in as I cannot stop because I have to get to work - get moaned at for not being able to stop and I get moaned at because I don't eat enough or eat something that isn't right. I think that I now have food anxiety.

Manage to squirt perfume on myself everyday but when I am not in uniform I am in comfy clothes. My hands are terribly dry because of the constant hand washing at work (I clear tables so my hands get sticky or worse they get fish on them).

Need to start being kind to myself and not keep putting myself last.
  • Catcherupper14
    Options
    Brilliant to see so many people with achievable aims for the coming year.

I would like to get stuck into fabbing straight away but I know that if I jump in I will have given up in a week.

I'd like to build up a routine so that it all becomes second nature. For a few weeks now I have tried to go to bed at 11pm and get up by 7am, as I sleep badly. Christmas has slightly upset this, but I will get back into my routine, which will stop me falling asleep in the chair at about 7pm.

For this week I am adding some weights exercises my physio gave me to do, which I will do every morning and night. I will also floss my teeth every night and moisturise after my shower.
    I do all these things when I remember, but because they are not part of a routine, I often forget or get sidetracked.

I will also remember to wear perfume every day.
  • Hewie29
    Hewie29 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations New Thrift, brill news :T:T:T:T

LL I did manage to buy a bracelet in the end :j My plan is for every stone I lose I will buy myself a new charm as a reward.
    Chiari Brain Malformation - decompression survivor
    April 2013:j
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All - well I havn't really managed to do much. I started a cold before christmas, that gave me cold sores on my lip and face, turned to Bronchitis - cleared now but still hacking. My skin looks like old leather where its so dehydrated. Yesterday I did manage to rub in some Bio Oil in the morning, afternoon & evening !!! (never used that amount before) & it all soaked in!. Skin a little more supple now so shall continue for the rest of the week.
    Had a nice Xmas present from DGD - OPI Start to Finish - its a basecoat, topcoat & nail hardener all in one so no buying separate items & really works on my brittle nails. I've also managed to remember to rub in some rich hand cream before I go to bed, particularly round the cuticles as I can never be bothered to wear gloves.
    Right - off to sort out my stash of creams & lotions - you have inspired me!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure