12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Trixsie1989
    Options
    I have skinny jeans that come over my "bump" and loose blouses but I feel as big as a house in them.

I think I've been building up to tonight and the fact I can make an effort because things with Dh have been strained recently and feel like he's repulsed by me, we only got married in October and I'm not ready to give up on the honeymoon period but I feel it's already over. It sounds pathetic I know, given that I'm soon to be 30 and the fact I'm incredibly happy we're having another bubba but I just feel meh.

It's ok to feel down sometimes about it all Louise :) lots of stuff going on and gone on in such a short space of time so it's only natural. I sat and cried the other day when I went into my wardrobe to out my favourite jumper on and it didn't fit! I'm so happy to be pregnant but half the time my bump,just looks like I ate too many cakes and with the wedding in a month I'm worrying about how big I'm gonna be most days but,think by the day I'm not gonna care! :)
    Could you and your oh get someone to watch your other little one so you could go,out for,dinner together? Maybe that would perk up the honeymoon period,again? Xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • krustylouise
    Options
    Trixsie I think date night is a fantastic idea. My dd went to her Nana's last night so we could go to DH's work do but aside from nana (exes mum) and ex, we don't have anyone to babysit. So we tend to do things when DD is with her Dad. It will have to wait until after Christmas now. But I'm sure a few more days won't hurt.

Thank you for sympathising (or rather empathising!). When I was carrying DD I didn't care how I looked, I didn't want her Dad near me physically as he turned into someone I didn't know. I gained nearly 5 stone and shot from a size 8 to a size 14. Not big but for me it was massive. When I had DD I expected it to fall off, it didnt. Ex put me down daily and eventually it got so bad he told me one day (rather horribly) that he no longer found me sexually attractive. I was already suffering from PND panic attacks and agoraphobia he was my only person I felt I had in my life aside from DD and he had just crippled me.
    Cutting the novel short....I got a job, kicked him out, grew my confidence, and and 5.5 years on I'm married to an amazing man whom I love and am terrified of it all happening again. What's worse is Dd is now 7 and loves her step dad dearly. She is terrified he will leave like her dad did.

So far I've only gained about 4lbs, which I was shocked by as I've been eating whatever whenever, but I'd like to not gain the 5st I did with DD. obviously you get what you're given and babies health is most important but can't help but feel worried.

Sorry for the long verbal diarrhoea post! Thanks again for empathising and I'm sure you'll be back into your favourite jumper before you know it, but until then I say treat yourself to a special new favourite jumper :) x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 December 2014 at 6:51PM
    Options
    adding mashedavocado to our little list!

Downhillfast - how did the scan go? Hope it was really good! - was baby co-operating?

*** DO NOT DELETE - To update this list, quote the post and remove the quote boxes ***

Recent graduates (who are still welcome :p!):
    Mrs_T_M - 24th February
    Pington - Twins 8th March (expected 14th Feb)
    Bubblepops - 21st March
    Carrot34 – Twins 25th March
    Always_alone – 27th March
    Tilly_dreams – 28th March
    Danielley – 1st April

Current list:
    x_missymoo_x - 7th April
    Princess Kate - 8th April - 20 week scan 18th November
    Millysg1 - 8th April - 20 week scan 24th November
    Trixsie1989 - 14th April - 20 week scan 28th November
    Aunty-Pickle - 15th April - 20 week scan 26th November
    georgie262 - 22nd April - 20 week scan 2nd December
    gayleygoo - 22nd April - 20 week scan 3rd December
    Phoenix01 - 25th April - scan first week December
    ( Downhillfast's OH ) - 3rd May - 20 week scan 19th December
    Angelmommy - 6th May
    Bezzyk - 7th May
    Jediquigley - 8th may - 20 week scan 17th December
    mashedavocado - 16th May - 20 weeks scan 30th December
    Janed9388 - 17th May - 20 week scan 29th December
    RingToBe - 30th May - 20 week scan 8th January
    hippihaz - 2nd June - 20 week scan 14th January
    krustylouise - 5th June - 20 week scan ?21st January
    ashtray heart - 6th June - 20 week scan 26th January
    wendz86 - 8th June - 20 week scan 19th January
    lemonmelon - 13th June
    Nisha B - 22nd June

WHEN YOU SEE THIS POST DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES!!!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • jediquigley
    Options
    Woo hoo off work now till Christmas, feel like I can relax now. Really enjoying the run up to Christmas my little boy is 2 so he is getting to that understanding stage. All present brought about half to still wrap.

sorry to hear some of you are still suffering with sickness, it is hard work growing babies.

I brought a thin tall set of drawers the other week to put babies stuff nearly filled it yesterday. Dh was laughing at me saying I am nesting.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Trixsie1989
    Options
    Trixsie I think date night is a fantastic idea. My dd went to her Nana's last night so we could go to DH's work do but aside from nana (exes mum) and ex, we don't have anyone to babysit. So we tend to do things when DD is with her Dad. It will have to wait until after Christmas now. But I'm sure a few more days won't hurt.

Thank you for sympathising (or rather empathising!). When I was carrying DD I didn't care how I looked, I didn't want her Dad near me physically as he turned into someone I didn't know. I gained nearly 5 stone and shot from a size 8 to a size 14. Not big but for me it was massive. When I had DD I expected it to fall off, it didnt. Ex put me down daily and eventually it got so bad he told me one day (rather horribly) that he no longer found me sexually attractive. I was already suffering from PND panic attacks and agoraphobia he was my only person I felt I had in my life aside from DD and he had just crippled me.
    Cutting the novel short....I got a job, kicked him out, grew my confidence, and and 5.5 years on I'm married to an amazing man whom I love and am terrified of it all happening again. What's worse is Dd is now 7 and loves her step dad dearly. She is terrified he will leave like her dad did.

So far I've only gained about 4lbs, which I was shocked by as I've been eating whatever whenever, but I'd like to not gain the 5st I did with DD. obviously you get what you're given and babies health is most important but can't help but feel worried.

Sorry for the long verbal diarrhoea post! Thanks again for empathising and I'm sure you'll be back into your favourite jumper before you know it, but until then I say treat yourself to a special new favourite jumper :) x

No worries Louise we've all had our bad down days :) I've perked up again now, I no I'm not eating particularly well atm but gonna get Xmas out the way and then eat a lot better so hopefully il feel good just for that and placebo effect etc coz I no I'm not gonna get any smaller yet lol have been and bought a load of new clothes that fit just need to get fitted for a bra now and im sure il be alot happier :)
    Sounds like the ex was just a bum for want of a better word :) I no how hard it is to shake the feeling that it'll all happen again but I'm sure it won't and even if you did gsin as much as last time your oh would be in awe of you for producing his child rather than putting you down :) hope you've had a good week xxx
  • Trixsie1989
    Options
    Woo hoo off work now till Christmas, feel like I can relax now. Really enjoying the run up to Christmas my little boy is 2 so he is getting to that understanding stage. All present brought about half to still wrap.

sorry to hear some of you are still suffering with sickness, it is hard work growing babies.

I brought a thin tall set of drawers the other week to put babies stuff nearly filled it yesterday. Dh was laughing at me saying I am nesting.

Jedi you should see my spare room atm! It's baby and wedding central! All good mse worthy deals tho just need to get wedding stuff out and gone before we can set up,for baby. It's nice you've brought them some furniture tho :) have a lovely Xmas xxx
  • Angelmommy
    Options
    Mashedavocado - welcome and hello!

Krustylouise - I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. I think that was more a reflection on your ex than you though - any good man would just be in love with you for giving him a beautiful child no matter how your body had changed. How did Friday go? Did you have a nice time? I'm sure you looked gorgeous.

I seem to have been put back to black on the lists - we're team yellow and had our scan last Wednesday. Here's some scan !!!!!!....

DCF7FB5B-758A-48B7-ADDB-F02159342ED8_zpsbzkwxzyt.jpg

Had a night out that I had forgotten about last night - dd2's street dance academy. I also did street dance until the exhaustion kicked in around 9weeks so was lovely to catch up with the ladies but phew I was knackered by 10pm - can't dance for hours on end like I used to! Baby had a fab time dancing on the dancefloor though - very cute.

Everyone ready for christmas? I've bought a few 'cheats' for Xmas dinner this year so I won't be slaving in the kitchen peeling veg all day. Bought most veg prepacked and aunt Bessie's duck fat roasts....all I'll have to do is peel for mash and stuff turkey and pop the rest in the oven....then put my feet up! I'm craving a glass of red wine so may treat myself to one. Has anyone else had anything whilst pregnant? 6th pregnancy (4th baby) and I haven't had a drop other than a sip for a toast at a wedding so feel a bit naughty but I'm sure just one glass with dinner won't hurt, right?
    DD1 June 1997:o
    :AOct 1999
    DD2 May 2004:o
    :ANov 2012
    DS November 2013;)
    DD3 May 2015:o
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will be having a bucks fuzz Christmas Day . Had one when pregnant with my daughter too. All the research is a bit fuzzy but I personally don't think one will hurt.

Nearly ready for Christmas here. I never have to do the cooking as we are always somewhere else. Got 4 hours of work tomorrow then dd's nativity.

Lovely scan pic angel!

Yay fir being off work Jedi , hope you ds enjoys it all :-).

Hi and welcome mashed avocado !
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Angelmommy I think its fine to have a glass of something every now and again. I had champagne a couple of times on holiday and am also planning on a Bucks Fizz at Christmas (well it is Christmas after all!) but I don't go mad. I think the problems are more likely associated with binge drinking and over-doing it, so I'm sure one won't hurt.
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Oh my goodness it's Christmas week! :xmassmile When did that happen?!!! :snow_grin A good excuse for some good ol' Christmas smilies!!!!:rudolf:

Krustylouise - hope your night out was really good and that you felt as gorgeous as you no doubt looked ;)

Jedi - hooray for being off for Christmas! :dance: You sound very organised getting things ready for the nursery!
    A friend came round this weekend to help clear the nursery (as was the guest room) of furniture so it is completely empty now. OH plans to strip the wallpaper this week and then hopefully it will get decorated really soon after and it will turn into a nursery!!

Trixsie - I can't believe you're planning a wedding and a baby!!!! (I expect sometimes you can't either!!!) Hope everything is going really well and you feel like both things are completely under control!

Angelmommy - sorry about the list, I'll update it later with you as Team Yellow. Lovely scan pic.
    We're going food shopping tomorrow for Christmas. I had stupidly not reckoned on all the delivery slots being filled so soon - so OH is going to push the trolley around the supermarket for me!
    I don't normally drink alcohol anyway (allergic humph!) but I have a non-alcoholic pear cider waiting for me for Christmas Day!!! I'm sure a glass or two isn't going to make any difference - especially as we're past the 1st trimester which I think is when it tends to be more of an issue.

wendz - hope you enjoy your dd's nativity today! Is it your last day at work?

AFM, I have a GP appointment this afternoon to review my sick note. Having been signed off since my operation (on 3rd Nov!) I am half looking forward to going back to work to have something to do and half not because I've kind of got used to having a lie-in in the morning :rotfl:
    I'm hoping she'll sign me off for another couple of weeks until the new year because I don't think I could cope with all the Christmas stuff AND going to work!!!
    We went to a Carol service yesterday and I lasted about half-way through. I was just knackered!!! Fortunately OH noticed I was wilting and suggested we go home - we were already sitting at the back in case I had to move (or go the toilet 57 times ;)) So we sneaked out!

This week I will be 24 weeks (on Christmas Eve) and will be moving up to the big girl's thread! Please can someone think about taking over doing the list? It's not hard, just keeping an eye on things and updating it every now and then. I don't mind carrying on until the new year if that makes it easier - if someone wants to start it after Christmas/New Year. Have a think anyway. Thank you!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure