12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• RingToBe
    Options
    I guess these are all things that you can discuss with the consultant - in terms of whether or not you could try for a vaginal delivery and if there might be any "warning signs" which would then indicate that you need a c-section so you still have both options available?

Pregnancy and impending motherhood is so confusing with so many choices to make! I'm sure things were easier 100 years ago when you "just" had the baby at home and it slept in a drawer and you "just" carried on with life ;) :rotfl:

Exactly. I'm not sure yet at what point they'd let it get to before they say I need to have one. Secondly, it's likely any further damage or strain, and the severity, on the issue won't be seen/tested for until after the birth. At one point we were discussing having surgery performed on the problem areas at the same time as having the section. Now I may have to go back in 6 weeks post partum to have it done separately.

It is SO confusing. If only my body did its job properly! It's so draining. I think I'm just going to have to let it lie until my appointment. *head in hands* :( x
    DS born 30.08.13 :happyhear
    DS #2 due 30.05.15

2015 Wins iCandy Emilia changing bag and vintage knit blanket | Mother's day hamper | Slumbersac | £80 kid's clothes from Amelia Ela | Britax car seat and isofix base | A print from The Milk Collective
  • janed9388
    Options
    I'm also trying to decide whether to go planned c-section or natural this time around. Last time I had an emergency c section. I was induced 2 weeks early due to gestational diabetes and worries about DD1 getting too big but the induction really didn't work. 4 days, 10 lots of gel induction and then 12 hours on a drip with the induction chemicals at full blast I did get to the "pushing" part but she then got stuck so it was time for a trip to the theatre. TBH by then, I didn't care how she got out !

This time a choice has been mentioned but I'm waiting to see I think, if there is any mention of induction (likely if the diabetes is back or if I go more than 1 week over naturally) then I'm bailing out and going for the c-section. If things start naturally then I think I'm going to give it a go again and see how we go. Unless anyone tells me different in the mean time as I have to see the consultant at 2 weeks.

The c-section actually healed quickly and I'm definitely not worried if it has to go that way again but it would be nice not to have surgery if I don't have to, especially since I'll have to be more active more quickly this time with a toddler around the house as well as a new baby.

Hope everyone is well and ready for Christmas ! I feel like I have tons to do still.
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    All was fine at my midwife appointment, just did my bp, measured my bump, felt my bump to find the position of the baby and listened to the heartbeat. Booked my next appointment for 28 weeks and booked my appointment for my whooping cough jab too. I'm sure that will be here before I know it with christmas & new year rapidly approaching!
  • ashtray_heart
    Options
    Nisha B sorry to hear that you are still being sick. It hasn't stopped for me yet either. Carry airplane sick bags everywhere for emergencies. Been very useful when I have been caught short.

We are still deciding whether we will stay team yellow or find out sex. Have a month to decide but it is a tough decision. Feel torn both ways.
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    *delurking*

Come and join me on the next thread! It's not too scary and a bit more conversation would be nice. It's nice to read the few birth stories that there have been and everyone always says its worth it - babies are super cute after all!

*relurking* (32 weeks)
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Glad everyone who had scans and appointments all went well today :)

My appointment was great too, heard heartbeat immediately and I'm growing well apparently as I'm spot on the 50th centile of my chart. A short and sweet appointment but it's always reassuring. She also said not to worry about the shortlessness of breath as it's common in the second trimester, oh the joys :p

Well I'm going to take the plunge and poke my toe in the water of the next (and yes Princess, the FINAL!) thread :eek: I'll keep popping back to see how you are all doing and hopefully I'll see some of you over there soon :hello:
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Well if you're going missy.....wait for me, will you hold my hand? hehe
  • Trixsie1989
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the newbies :) been a bit quiet here for a few weeks with Xmas and the wedding coming around fast. 24 weeks next Tuesday and midwife apt on Monday :) need to make a list of things I want to ask about coz baby brain has well and truly kicked in now! Hope everyone is well :) up early today on my first day off coz baby is awake and kicking me like mad :-) xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of people getting to 24 weeks now! Going to be quiet here soon till we get some more new people .

Glad everyone's appointments have been going well.

Going for my flu jab in an hour. Feel bad as only been at work one full day this week. Left early tues as had midwife, then had to leave at lunch yesterday to pick dd up as she had a temperature but she was then fine. Only in half day monday after today and then off for christmas.
  • Trixsie1989
    Options
    Hope you got on ok wendz I never had mine in the end coz my docs are useless and I've a phobia of needles.i wouldn't feel too bad about missing work theg have to let you out for stuff like that :) more time to prep for Xmas xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport