We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)
Comments
-
LavenderBee wrote: »I didn't know 'til I started reading that babies can't sit in a car seat for very long because they can't breathe!
That's why we never ended up using our travel system car seat on the pram, they're an awful idea (unless they can go flat) as it encourages people to have their baby in the car seat for far too long.
Although it meant a bit of extra bulk we always just took the proper carry cot with us for the destinationMortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)
Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,0000 -
swivel based car seats sound a great idea - sadly they aren't much good for my three door car. Still on the hunt for a bigger vehicle, but the fridge packed up this weekend (right in the middle of a heatwave) so a replacement has hit our funds a bit
after several weeks of struggling to get (and stay) comfy enough to sleep I think I've finally worked out what I need in terms of pillows - I need a nice thick squishy mattress topper to stop my shoulders and "bottom" hip hurting when I'm lying on my side, normal pillows under my head plus a narrower one to cuddle, some sort of wedge under the bump and a good thick pillow for under my "top" knee to stop the hip on that side hurting. So I'm hunting for the best value versions of all of that.
I don't fancy one of the big sausage pillows to do it all cos I actually don't like having anything pressed up against my bump (to the point of struggling with the pressure that over the bump trousers etc cause) so need to create a bit of a gap around the bump whilst having something to support it. I've mostly stopped rolling onto my back now though so not too bothered about having a pillow behind me (but I found a rolled up throw blanket works quite well as a support there).MFiT challenge #60
Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.070 -
Absolutely Freddie, car seat manufacturers don't exactly shout this from the rooftops!
afool, thanks to the recent heat and humidity I function on 2 hours sleep a night now
but when I could still sleep, I found putting a single duvet under the fitted sheet was lovely for my 'bottom hip'. I already had a spare but even if you bought one it's cheaper than a topper
I also picked up 2 V pillows cheaply, one in an Aldi baby event and one in Ikea which used to do the job nicely and I intend to use them for breastfeeding too. You can never have too many pillows when pregnant... 0 -
LavenderBee - great tip for the duvet! will have a look for one of those (hopefully then it will also get future use on baby's bed once their into a normal sized one). I've found a yoga bolster pillow (which I'd been sort of meaning to get anyway) and will give that a try for under my knee / cuddling - a stack of normal pillows is just deflating under my leg too much at the mo, so something firmer is neededMFiT challenge #60
Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.070 -
That's good to know! I just prefer the top tether because I guessed it would be easier to store when out of the car/leave more room for baggage if it didn't have the support leg thing? Otherwise the Joie would be on the list!
I don't know what Sproglet got up to over the weekend, but my bump seems to have got much bigger all of a sudden! Even one of the guys at work commented on it. I keep forgetting how big I am and trying to squeeze through gaps I no longer fit through
0 -
bosscout just wait til you park your car only to realise you can't physically get out the gap between you and the next car/pillar/wall - particularly with a group of teenagers looking on. Mortifying! I am narrower in width than depth
0 -
Ha! I'm sure that time will come! My welding jacket at work only juuuuust does up over my bump now...but I figure I won't be able to weld for too much longer anyway - can't reach, for a start!
Have to sit down and lean forward in an epic display of manspreading...bumpspreading! 0 -
oh yes - I've had the issue of getting out of the car for a bit now. Work have agreed to let me have one of the end spaces by the door so that I don't have to squeeze :-) I still keep forgetting that I'm no longer smaller in depth than width
a £6 duvet from Asda helped loads with my hip last night too, thanks LavenderBeeMFiT challenge #60
Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.070 -
Oh lucky you - I just had to get in early enough to secure an end space! One morning I was reversing in and then someone else drove in as I was doing so; they knew I was preggers
I went on maternity at 37 weeks and don't miss the drive. Miss work, but not the commute.
Anyway, glad the duvet helped
the first time I tried it I almost cried with relief! A firm mattress is normally good for you, except now when you just want to sink into some sort of cloud. 0 -
I've no idea when I want to go on maternity leave... luckily my firm is very small and my boss is so reliant on me I can sort of dictate whatever I want. (I'm hoping to go back in phases, so I won't be full time straight away, which I think he'll agree to) But I still have no idea what to even begin to plan for!
Great tips on getting comfy at night. It's my shoulder that goes to sleep!0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards