12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• firebird082
    Options
    Ratison wrote: »
    April is this the first time you've really felt like you have a bump? I'm 14+3 with my first and I still don't have one. I'm hoping it's just a bit too early. I'm tall, and my stomach wasn't the flattest before so hopefully there's still a baby growing in there!

Same - I'm now 18+6, and still no real bump - trousers are tight now though, so I'm expecting it to pop out soon. Also tall, and had a little belly before, but the little belly is definitely bigger than it used to be! Suggest you enjoy not having a bump in the way while you still can :)
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scan went well. Had a trainee so got to spend a bit longer than normal watching him. He wouldn't stop moving about. We mentioned we had a gender scan previously and told her it was a boy. She did to refer to him as he for a bit, but I'm convinced I heard her say she at one point. And I saw nothing between the legs. So now I'm super paranoid about it. OH thinks I'm crazy but I don't want to be buying more boy things just incase it was wrong first time round. Doesn't help that during our gender scan she said it was a boy to start with but when she went to recomfirm she took a while as the chord kept getting in the way. So now I'm worried it was just the chord all along, and we really have a girl and have already spent money in the sales buying boy clothes :rotfl: I know I'm probably just being paranoid but can't help it.

Poodle my due date is 3rd June. Where are you finding sleep bras? I'm in serious need of some but can't really find any bar online. I've given up trying to find jeans that suit/fit and have stocked up on Topshop leggings. They are thicker than normal ones and oh so comfy. They can be dressed up as well as down which is a bonus for me.
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    april87 wrote: »
    Poodle my due date is 3rd June. Where are you finding sleep bras? I'm in serious need of some but can't really find any bar online. I've given up trying to find jeans that suit/fit and have stocked up on Topshop leggings. They are thicker than normal ones and oh so comfy. They can be dressed up as well as down which is a bonus for me.

Mine is 2nd June :beer: though I think it's later - they moved me forward at my 12 week scan. I bought an Emma Jane bra and some v similar ASOS own for £10 each. They're just very stretchy crop tops and really comfortable to sleep in, with a little bit of support.

That's a bit awkward about the gender, April! What are you going to do? Are you going to trust the original outcome or go for another scan?
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • april87
    edited 17 January 2017 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Gender dilemma sorted, definitely a boy. Saw it clear as day :rotfl: OH was late for an appt to meet a landlord after the scan, turns out the landlords wife works at one of the other private clinics up here. Told the husband to pop round tonight and she would check for us to give me peace of mind. So yay! Finally relaxed now and glad I actually saw something :rotfl:

Poodle will have a nosey at Asos for them.
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Asos have got a 20% off discount code for maternity stuff - baby20. Think it might just work for full price stuff and also it expires tomorrow, so order asap if you want anything.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    April- glad everything was OK at the scan, and your gender dilemma is now sorted! Lots of boys around at the moment!

My 22+5 bump is getting awkward, and my back has been sore this week. That may be related to the painting we've been doing! So I'm a little jealous of those of your with neat bumps. I keep getting comments that I look much further along. But so far it all seems to be on my belly. Also noticed that this week my appetite has suddenly increased.

Thanks all for support around annual leave/maternity leave. Am feeling better about it now, and am just going to avoid making any decisions at the moment. If anyone is interested, you legally have the right to carry over 28 days due to mat leave (my work are making out they are doing me a favour allowing me to carry over more than 5). In terms of whether you can be forced to take it straight after mat leave, that seems more ambiguous, but the important thing is I shouldn't be treated different to non pregnant colleagues, and my work doesn't allocate holidays so I could probably make a case that they are treating my annual leave as differently rather than following the usual process of me giving dates and them approving/not approving. But I'm not mentioning this at the mo, and will seek advice from union etc if it continues to be a problem. My direct supervisor is very supportive so I'm hoping that will help.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Ratison wrote: »
    Asos have got a 20% off discount code for maternity stuff - baby20. Think it might just work for full price stuff and also it expires tomorrow, so order asap if you want anything.

I can recommend asos leggings. They are thicker than my h&m leggings (which are also super comfy) and they come in petite and tall sizes.
  • april87
    Options
    Thanks Penguin. Definitely seems to be a lot of boys around.

Not noticed an increase in hunger, I seem to be the opposite, food doesn't really take much of a fancy for me just now. I get hungry but I usually have no idea what I want or anything. Seem to be hit by tiredness again. Currently sat at my desk wishing it was home time so I could go to bed.

Poodle only a day or so between us. I was moved back at my 12 week scan from late May.

Bump is definitely being noticed today, and not only by me. Its weird looking down and seeing my stomach sticking out :rotfl:
  • firebird082
    Options
    If anyone is interested, you legally have the right to carry over 28 days due to mat leave (my work are making out they are doing me a favour allowing me to carry over more than 5)

Thanks Penguin, that is useful - my work were trying to imply that I couldn't carry over more than 5, which is ridiculous when I'm due in June. It's all rather unclear - hoping we can discuss it properly when we do our request for Shared Parental...though I'd rather get it agreed sooner rather than later!
  • april87
    Options
    Johnson's baby Skincaring Essentials Box

https://groceries.asda.com/product/baby-bath/johnsons-baby-skincaring-essentials-box/910002114593

These are currently down to £10 at Asda for anyone interested. Noticed that Boots etc are still selling them for £20 plus. Probably just as cheap to buy all items separately but the box comes in quite handy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback