PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

NOT BUYING IT! 2015 - A consumer holiday

Options

Comments

• Lavender_Cosmos
    Options
    I had a business meeting in town so I decided to use the opportunity to get some planned items in £land. Now there are some bargains to be had, but most of the stuff is poor quality or can be bought cheaper elsewhere. You need to be careful. I got red and white onion sets (definitely a bargain), a tablet screensaver, Ariel stain remover gel, some gym work out towels (great as kitchen hand towels) and Walnut Whips (yum). Spent £7 in total.
  • purpleshoes_2
    Options
    Poundland have some fitness equipment on sale just now, resistance bands, running vests, skipping ropes, water bottles for running. A quid each, Id say definitely worth investing in if home fitness is your thing.
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No unplanned spending for me today. Free lunch from yesterdays leftovers. Dinner from freezer tonight. Declutterning this morning. Going to clean out cleaning cupboard and put new elastic in PJs this afternoon. Elastic from hoard so a tiny bit more decluttering and no buying new PJS.
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    It's took me a week to catch you up but I've finally done it. I'm not a big spender but I've definitely learnt a lot from you all and will try to do better.
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • oceandreamer
    Options
    I'm definitely a stowaway, just popping on deck now and then! Down below i've been busy making sure i'm not spending money unnecessarily on direct debits. Have rung ee and got broadband/home phone down to £12.50 a month, changed mobile to sim only £11 pmonth and cancelled yoga and gym membership (can easily do yoga at home and hardly ever feel like going out on cold winter nghts so make various excuses not to go, absolutely hate the gym so have given it up - for good and am very relieved). Love walking and dont mind swimmimg so will take excercise i enjoy in future. These savings plus not buying things i don't need will leave me with quite a bit of money left over at the end of the month. I was intending to pay this to debts but have read lots of the personal finance websites mentioned on this thread and have decided to save up an emergency fund first. After all if these was an emergency it would be no help having paid debts off. Its somehow so much more motivating to save, luckily a lit of my debt is interest free so it won't make much difference in the short term. I know this way isn't for everyone, but this thread has really made me think about my whole relationship with money. Well off down below deck again!
    115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Afternoon all,

We are visiting my mum this weekend: she lives in probably the poshest town in Yorkshire. This morning OH and I strolled into town to do some errands and pick up shopping for mum. We went in and past various shops and I was fascinated to see that one of the busiest shops was the cobblers. I'd put some boots in yesterday to get them reheeled and when I went to pick them up today there were people were queuing out of the door. Not sure what to make of that!

Things are ticking along fine with us; we seem to be keeping our shopping under £40 a week, could definitely do better, but an improvement on what we've spent previously.

And today's question for the gardening gurus is: asparagus? I love it, and sometimes think about planting some, but I've never quite got round to it. As far as I can make out March is the time to plant the crowns, but all hints and tips (and suggestions of where to get the crowns) gratefully received.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and stay wrapped up warm.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And today's question for the gardening gurus is: asparagus? I love it, and sometimes think about planting some, but I've never quite got round to it. As far as I can make out March is the time to plant the crowns, but all hints and tips (and suggestions of where to get the crowns) gratefully received.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and stay wrapped up warm.[/QUOTE]

I am led to belive asparagus does best in a sandy soil and is grown in earthed up ridges.......or I may be confused with something else I fancied growing and couldn't because didn't have right conditions! Good luck with it:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Murphy2011
    Options
    Thanks to whoever posted the Amazon trade-in info, just dropped off £27 worth! Love it!
    Started DMP Oct 2012 debtfree date 1st March 2020
    Starting debt £72481
    Current debt £47600. 33% paid off!!!:T:rotfl::rotfl::j
    Moved from £70's to £60's, bye bye £50's and hello £40's!
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hello

NSD for me today ( and yesterday as a matter of fact). Just made lovely apple, mincemeat and almond crumble from a few leftover bits and still had a small carton of custard from christmas so that will make a nice Pud for a couple of nights. Posted off amazon trade in books Thursday lunchtime and had an email that value had been credited by teatime yesterday - very impressed. No £5 yet but I have another trade in to post next week so should have made about £40 in a couple of weeks and declutterers 5 books. Impotant yo note that £5 bonus can only be claimed once per customer. Also just found this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Complete-Comprehensive-Guide-Crocheting-ebook/dp/B00S1GG2Q6/ref=zg_bs_341689031_f_38

On Amazon for nothing! I can't crotchet really, but would like to learn whilst I am not fit enough to trip the light fantastic! I have a hook and some wool so that's Saturday evening sorted. Honest, I am only 39!!

Have good evenings all

Bexster :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family